The Gaming Lounge: Beyond

I'm tempted by Resident Evil 2, but not the others. I never got into RDR (we didn't have a 360 or PS3).

Yeah, I didn't end up picking anything up from them. I mainly wanted to share that a deal was going on. That said, RE 2 tempted me as well. But I already have RDR 2, and Anthem doesn't tempt me at all. KH 3 is tempting as well, but I have enough games at the moment. I'll probably wait, and pick it up later on.

Does anybody make an E3 thread every year? It would be cool to watch live streams for that week and post in an official thread with others about it

So I just learned another Normal Boots alum is in some trouble. Projared apparently announced he was divorcing his wife on twitter without telling her beforehand. And before she could even respond, he blocked her. She then revealed that he was cheating on her with another YouTuber named Commander Holly who is the ex-wife of Game Grumps contributer Ross. And then she says Projared has a special Tumblr where he exchanged explicit photos of himself and of his fans (some who were under aged).

Brava to that.

I had no idea who he was before a few days ago when this exploded all over the internet.

Don't know who that is but so messed up and is a scumbag if all true

I'd recommend not diving into it too deep. I've already seen more of ProJared than I ever wanted to. The amount of dick pics floating around of him lead me to believe the minors saying he asked for nudes, and sent nudes to them. They even say he made a board just to do that, and would post fans nudes on it.

Last edited:
In other bad gaming news, we have Blizzard back again, lol. Apparently to get into Blizzcon this year, you have to download an app that's flat out spyware. Reportedly it can copy your credit card number, address, date of birth, ect. Then says it may share data with 3rd party partners.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/05/06/blizzard-is--spyware-blizzcon-2019/

The app is designed to track your location throughout BlizzCon 2019. It can turn on your GPS, access phone camera, contacts, use Bluetooth, change system settings, and much more.

• Contacts
  • Read your contacts
  • Approximate location (network-based) precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • Camera
  • Take pictures and videos
  • Wi-Fi connection information
  • View Wi-Fi connections
  • Receive data from the Internet
  • View network connections
  • Pair with Bluetooth devices
  • Full network access
  • Prevent device from sleeping
  • Read battery statistics
  • Access Bluetooth settings
  • Run at startup
  • Control vibration
  • Modify systems settings
  • What ads you clicked while the app is installed
  • email address
  • Billing address
  • Credit Card number
  • Device make and model
  • Your personal advertising identifier
  • IP address
Blizzard will place Bluetooth beacons at Blizzcon 2019 and the full Bluetooth access on your phone allows AXS app to sync with them, tracking your movement at Blizzcon 2019. The app will know where you are even if your GPS is off.

The “adjust systems settings” permission allows AXS app to turn on WiFi, turn on Bluetooth, turn on GPS. Run at startup permission will make sure AXS is always running in the background. Full network access allows the app to send your data such as contacts, location history since the app was installed, and WiFi network data out on the internet.

Nearly all of your personal data will be shared with third-parties such as (but not limited to) Facebook, DoubleClick ads and Google without being anonymized or aggregated including your first and last name.

I don't know what happend to Blizzard.

No, wait, I know exactly what happened. Activision happened to Blizzard. Once the old guard Blizzard founders started to retire or get pushed out, this **** starts happening.

It's too bad. I think Blizzard has really lost it's reputation. This and mobile Diablo being major back to back mistakes.

It's a shame to see blizzard's reputation and status dwindle in such a bad light as with Bethesda
Despite Fallout 76, I think Bethesda still has a lot of goodwill amongst gamers.

Bethesda is messing up too although I don't think they are at the level Blizzard has sunk to. Nor do I think Bethesda's fall is as far as Blizzard's was. Blizzard had a great run of impressive games and nary a bad title. Bethesda makes great games but they are so often riddled with bugs and bad choices.

mario-hitting-blocks-with-hand.jpg

Bethesda is messing up too although I don't think they are at the level Blizzard has sunk to. Nor do I think Bethesda's fall is as far as Blizzard's was. Blizzard had a great run of impressive games and nary a bad title. Bethesda makes great games but they are so often riddled with bugs and bad choices.
Bioware too. The "B" companies have been going downhill. :csad:

Are any of you buying anything from the Days of Play PSN sale? 50-75% off on a lot of good games. PSN Plus also marked down to $40.

I went ahead, and grabbed a few games I've been meaning to pick up. Detroit become human, Dark Souls 3 Deluxe edition, Dying Light, and a few others. Ended up paying about $60, and saved over $100.

When it comes to creating/customizing characters in games, do you create yourself or just what ever cones to mind?

I'm curious because I usually create myself or a badass/cool latino looking guy and sometimes I go non human, depending on the game and amount of character slots

Last edited:
When it comes to creating/customizing characters in games, do you create yourself or just what ever cones to mind?

I'm curious because I usually create myself or a badass/cool latino looking guy and sometimes I go non human, depending on the game and amount of character slots
I go as different as possible.

Had to dig to find this thread again, lol. Seems a lot of people are mad at Blizzard again, and some are even boycotting them.

So to my understanding of the situation, the winner of the recent Hearthstone tournament spoke out in favor of the Hong Kong protests. So Blizzard, in fear of losing out on that China $$, takes back his prize money. Bans him for a year. Then fire the two broadcasters who called his match.

It goes to show the stranglehold China has on the world's entertainment industry. I've already heard of games, and movies censoring things that won't fly in China. Apparently anything remotely against the Chinese government is a no go now too.

I tend to create someone like myself especially since there arent too many that look like me (black man) in proganists roles

I read about an esport player getting banned for supporting the Hong Kong protests but didn't know about all those details. Damn!

I read about an esport player getting banned for supporting the Hong Kong protests but didn't know about all those details. Damn!

There are a lot of Youtube videos explaining it if you want to look up a video that explains it in a 5-10 min chunk. But there's more to it, and the backlash keeps getting bigger.

Honestly, I see this problem continuing to grow. Games sell better in China, than the US. Next year, China is set to overtake the US in movie sales as well. How long before entertainment companies get tired of making two versions of everything, and just start releasing a censored, Chinese government approved version to everyone.

Blizzard... How are the mighty fallen?

Not just banned, they also took his winnings.

So, good time to have Blizzcon in a few weeks. Should be more interesting than last year's debacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"