The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Even as a fan of 1981's Halloween II, I am totally behind them ignoring sequels.

Anyone that was thinking this was carrying on from H20 or Resurrection should be locked up in Smith's Grove.

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h01m31s842.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h01m50s738.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h02m13s544.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h02m28s318.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h03m21s186.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h03m45s321.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h03m59s531.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h04m14s916.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h04m40s739.png

Love the chess board symbolism of the detention area of the asylum.

Even as a fan of 1981's Halloween II, I am totally behind them ignoring sequels.

Anyone that was thinking this was carrying on from H20 or Resurrection should be locked up in Smith's Grove.
The recton of every sequel is something that was needed, even if some people didn't want it. I'm more than happy they did it honestly

OK trailer. Nothing scared or creeped me out on it. The movie looks REALLY bright, too much for a Halloween film, even the night shots look overly-lit.

Not sure how I feel about Laurie-Hunter going after Michael. It’s different so I’ll hold out hope for now.

OK trailer. Nothing scared or creeped me out on it. The movie looks REALLY bright, too much for a Halloween film, even the night shots look overly-lit.

Not sure how I feel about Laurie-Hunter going after Michael. It’s different so I’ll hold out hope for now.

She isn't going 'after him' as such, she just knows from what Loomis has said and his previous actions, he will not stop until he is stopped.

Teeth above the stall door is chilling.
I thought this was meant to be a second remake, not a sequel to the original.

Loved the trailer!
Ah, if only Blumhouse can get their hands on a Friday the 13th movie.

Samesees

My god... This movie looks amazing. :mrk:

Green & McBride reveal why they’re ignoring all the Halloween sequels

Without the sequels though, the new film is free of one of the biggest moving parts of the series: the familial relationship between Michael Myers and Laurie Strode. Removing the “twist” of making the pair related which gave “reason” to Myers’ killing spree now takes the shackles off a piece of continuity that should never have been added in the first place, and as McBride notes, makes it all scary again.

“I was pushing for that removal right off the bat,” McBride says. “I just felt like that was an area where he wasn’t quite as scary anymore, it seemed too personalized. I wasn’t as afraid of Michael Myers anymore because I’m not his f***ing brother so he’s not coming after me. Also you’ve seen it, so wouldn’t it be interesting just to see what would happen if it wasn’t that, and what does that open up for us if it wasn’t this random killing that has affected this character, so it just seemed like new territory to bite off.”

:lmao: I love Danny McBride.

Eh, whether Laurie was his sister or not it didn't make Michael any less scary. Anyone in the vicinity of her was still in danger. It didn't make H2 any less scary or anyone in less danger when he's wandering around the hospital looking for her.

Besides that it still seems to be personalized since he's going after Laurie once again. What difference does it make if she's his sister or not at this point?

Same it’s not a big deal at all to me. Like I’ve said many times on here whenever I watch the films now I have many options and I can choose which timelines I wanna watch. Mix and match there’s a lot of options. And I don’t see that as a bad thing at all.

NO, NO no! just leave the Halloween franchise alone already, i had enough.

It's time they just retire the beloved horror icons like Freddy, Chucky, Michael, Pinhead and Leatherface to pass on and rest in peace, they had their place in the sun and need new ideas and new franchises. They done more than enough stories, more than enough movies and there's nothing more you can offer to these characters.

Me and one of my favorite youtube reviewers Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life all agree with this. Enough is enough! there's nothing to make these characters fresh or any stories to add anything worth and with these sequels and remakes, we feel these are hurting their legacy. Me and them think it's damaging things and turning the characters into jokes as we are tired of it! it's becoming like the Leprechaun or Witchcraft or Children of the Corn franchises and just running it into the ground. Me and them feel like Tom Atkins at the end of Halloween III with the "stop it STOP IT STOP IT!!!", we had a good run (Well sometimes) yet with a bad remake of Elm Street as Englund is Freddy, It's been 10 years since the last Friday The 13th as i really enjoyed the 2009 one yet it did alright in the box-office but no sequel.

I don't need a fake-ass Halloween 2 being this one when we have the real one in 1981 and the series should had ended 20 years ago as Michael died and there is no such thing as "resurrection", i don't need to pay to see Halloween 11 in theaters, what's more to do then just rehash the first movie?. I also don't need a fake-ass Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 known as Texas Chainsaw 3D when the real TCM 2 came out in 1986.

The Halloween remakes were no help at all! what's Carpenter gonna do with this one? he can do different movies than Halloween and maybe he should do a new movie.

How many times have me and Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life have been screwed by these writers/directors on these horror franchises, it hurts we are done and we can't take it anyone! Halloween 5 and resurrection were bad enough and 6 was mediocre enough, H2O should had been the last one instead of screwing the pooch. We have new ideas that should had been released in theaters like Behind the Mask to Tucker vs Dale as they are fresh stuff to The Collector movies! even Saw was ran into the ground and the last one bombed.

Me and those 2 guys feel in pain and if anyone is a fan of the characters i mentioned and don't like what's been done to them in the past 10 or 20 years, then don't go see the movie in the theaters. Why keep supporting this ****? me and those 2 guys don't understand at all.

I mean how many Hellraisers are they still doing when they should know when to quit? or Chainsaw Massacres or ****** Child's Play movies they are still doing? a Child's Play TV series? screw that, i'm not gonna see it since Mancini has screwed this franchise into the ground after 3 as i'm fine with the true Child's Play films being 1 to 3 and things went downhill after that no thanks to the writer as he is a poor writer/director as he may did good work on 1 and 2 even the Tales from the Crypt episode Fitting Punishment and did some ok work on Child's Play 3 but after 3 things went on a decline as this franchise isn't getting any better as Brad Douriff feels tired of this character. If people like the new sequels then cool as it doesn't mean me and the 2 guys i mentioned don't have to, i have problem if people like these new sequels but me and the 2 reviewers don't understand it because we think the new sequels (Seed, Curse and cult) just suck ass.

If your like me with Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life and is sick of this **** then stop supporting it! that's how your gonna send your message to the studios. That's how your gonna get your message across! if you want to see a new sequel to any of the franchises i mentioned then just see it on Netflix or rent it, cheaper than a movie ticket if your really that curious. What do you think your gonna see with the new Halloween movie what you've already seen before? Jamie Lee already came back in H2O and Michael unmasking was shown in Halloween 5 as he cried like a wuss and seen him talk in Rob Zombies Halloween 2.

Look at Hellraiser, it was pushing it after the third film yet they had to go into space with four and wasn't even the worst one well keep making Hellraiser movies, enough is enough. It's like "Why"? studios don't be like Witchcraft or Children of the Corn, and this reminds me what happened with the Universal monsters came in and had huge characters, huge names! then they pumped out sequels (Bride is the only worthwhile sequel) and became overkill, had diminishing box-office and became jokes of themselves with the sequels even starring in Abbot and Costello films despite Abbot and Costello were enjoyable.

I mean what next Jason or Leatherface or Freddy in some comedy where they meets Harold and Kumar? is that where it's going? you gotta know when to stop. Universal monsters have been so overused they don't know how to do a proper reboot series and couldn't do it with Van Helsing, they tried it with the Mummy and Dracula yet they failed with Dark Universe. There's no when to quit or end, when do these remakes of these franchises worked? well Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday The 13th i like them but nothing came of sequels, just end already.

The horror franchises and iconic characters are just screwed/prostituted out by studios to make a quick buck, it also reminds me and the two reviewers of the slasher boom in the 80s when it crashed by 1989. They are beating this dead horse at this point, it's a dead corpse and these horror icons i mentioned are like the monsters in the Abbot and Costello movies, as it's like complete and total jokes. Yet you can argue, they were getting to that point before this! why even continue? why studios you continue to stain their legacy or their name more for it's like i don't understand, is it just laziness? i mean horror audiences go to see in a big name, we'll get the money and it's disappointing. Its also sad and crazy to see films like Cult of Chucky to get people praising it saying like it's "great", all that does is kill the franchise with the mentality of "I want more" and Mancini has killed it, i mean Chucky won with a stupid cheat code as he's invincible now. What's even the point? the franchises i mentioned which have the slasher icons are now wounded half-dead animals at this point and sometimes it's better to kill something than let it suffer.

Studios never think clearly but this message should make them think clearly when enough is enough. Yet they look at the bottom line too! it's overkill and they are just ****ing these iconic horror franchises out for money and me with Ocpcommunications/Ramboraph4life don't understand why fans of these franchises just be like "yeh i'll pay for that" as we don't get it. The message is simple: Stop! stop taking these horror icons and digging them up their corpses out the ground, propping them up and dusting them off then throwing them into new movies acting if they were as cool as ever or as fresh or as popular as they were in the 80s and 90s. cause it's not! it's not the case try to make an effort into something and let the series live on in the merchandise, blurays. streams etc. there were enough stories to tell.

Just hang it up, they had good runs cause at this point your hurting things. Just channel the budget and make new horror icons plus new franchises than recyclying old glory just try to make a new horror icon. I know it hurts but it's the truth, i love the horror characters i mentioned but enough is enough but sometimes you got let go and let them rest in peace. We don't need leatherface, Freddy, Chucky or Michael become the same situation as Robocop, just let these horror icons rest in peace in favor of new franchises/horror icons.

Like Jud Crandall said "Sometimes dead is better".

If you don’t want anymore of the classic slasher icons then simply don’t watch the movies. Why should they stop making them when people want to see them?

I never get that attitude they should stop making them. End of the day if you’ve lost interest then just ignore the new ones.

NO, NO no! just leave the Halloween franchise alone already, i had enough.

It's time they just retire the beloved horror icons like Freddy, Chucky, Michael, Pinhead and Leatherface to pass on and rest in peace, they had their place in the sun and need new ideas and new franchises. They done more than enough stories, more than enough movies and there's nothing more you can offer to these characters.

Me and one of my favorite youtube reviewers Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life all agree with this. Enough is enough! there's nothing to make these characters fresh or any stories to add anything worth and with these sequels and remakes, we feel these are hurting their legacy. Me and them think it's damaging things and turning the characters into jokes as we are tired of it! it's becoming like the Leprechaun or Witchcraft or Children of the Corn franchises and just running it into the ground. Me and them feel like Tom Atkins at the end of Halloween III with the "stop it STOP IT STOP IT!!!", we had a good run (Well sometimes) yet with a bad remake of Elm Street as Englund is Freddy, It's been 10 years since the last Friday The 13th as i really enjoyed the 2009 one yet it did alright in the box-office but no sequel.

I don't need a fake-ass Halloween 2 being this one when we have the real one in 1981 and the series should had ended 20 years ago as Michael died and there is no such thing as "resurrection", i don't need to pay to see Halloween 11 in theaters, what's more to do then just rehash the first movie?. I also don't need a fake-ass Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 known as Texas Chainsaw 3D when the real TCM 2 came out in 1986.

The Halloween remakes were no help at all! what's Carpenter gonna do with this one? he can do different movies than Halloween and maybe he should do a new movie.

How many times have me and Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life have been screwed by these writers/directors on these horror franchises, it hurts we are done and we can't take it anyone! Halloween 5 and resurrection were bad enough and 6 was mediocre enough, H2O should had been the last one instead of screwing the pooch. We have new ideas that should had been released in theaters like Behind the Mask to Tucker vs Dale as they are fresh stuff to The Collector movies! even Saw was ran into the ground and the last one bombed.

Me and those 2 guys feel in pain and if anyone is a fan of the characters i mentioned and don't like what's been done to them in the past 10 or 20 years, then don't go see the movie in the theaters. Why keep supporting this ****? me and those 2 guys don't understand at all.

I mean how many Hellraisers are they still doing when they should know when to quit? or Chainsaw Massacres or ****** Child's Play movies they are still doing? a Child's Play TV series? screw that, i'm not gonna see it since Mancini has screwed this franchise into the ground after 3 as i'm fine with the true Child's Play films being 1 to 3 and things went downhill after that no thanks to the writer as he is a poor writer/director as he may did good work on 1 and 2 even the Tales from the Crypt episode Fitting Punishment and did some ok work on Child's Play 3 but after 3 things went on a decline as this franchise isn't getting any better as Brad Douriff feels tired of this character. If people like the new sequels then cool as it doesn't mean me and the 2 guys i mentioned don't have to, i have problem if people like these new sequels but me and the 2 reviewers don't understand it because we think the new sequels (Seed, Curse and cult) just suck ass.

If your like me with Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life and is sick of this **** then stop supporting it! that's how your gonna send your message to the studios. That's how your gonna get your message across! if you want to see a new sequel to any of the franchises i mentioned then just see it on Netflix or rent it, cheaper than a movie ticket if your really that curious. What do you think your gonna see with the new Halloween movie what you've already seen before? Jamie Lee already came back in H2O and Michael unmasking was shown in Halloween 5 as he cried like a wuss and seen him talk in Rob Zombies Halloween 2.

Look at Hellraiser, it was pushing it after the third film yet they had to go into space with four and wasn't even the worst one well keep making Hellraiser movies, enough is enough. It's like "Why"? studios don't be like Witchcraft or Children of the Corn, and this reminds me what happened with the Universal monsters came in and had huge characters, huge names! then they pumped out sequels (Bride is the only worthwhile sequel) and became overkill, had diminishing box-office and became jokes of themselves with the sequels even starring in Abbot and Costello films despite Abbot and Costello were enjoyable.

I mean what next Jason or Leatherface or Freddy in some comedy where they meets Harold and Kumar? is that where it's going? you gotta know when to stop. Universal monsters have been so overused they don't know how to do a proper reboot series and couldn't do it with Van Helsing, they tried it with the Mummy and Dracula yet they failed with Dark Universe. There's no when to quit or end, when do these remakes of these franchises worked? well Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday The 13th i like them but nothing came of sequels, just end already.

The horror franchises and iconic characters are just screwed/prostituted out by studios to make a quick buck, it also reminds me and the two reviewers of the slasher boom in the 80s when it crashed by 1989. They are beating this dead horse at this point, it's a dead corpse and these horror icons i mentioned are like the monsters in the Abbot and Costello movies, as it's like complete and total jokes. Yet you can argue, they were getting to that point before this! why even continue? why studios you continue to stain their legacy or their name more for it's like i don't understand, is it just laziness? i mean horror audiences go to see in a big name, we'll get the money and it's disappointing. Its also sad and crazy to see films like Cult of Chucky to get people praising it saying like it's "great", all that does is kill the franchise with the mentality of "I want more" and Mancini has killed it, i mean Chucky won with a stupid cheat code as he's invincible now. What's even the point? the franchises i mentioned which have the slasher icons are now wounded half-dead animals at this point and sometimes it's better to kill something than let it suffer.

Studios never think clearly but this message should make them think clearly when enough is enough. Yet they look at the bottom line too! it's overkill and they are just ****ing these iconic horror franchises out for money and me with Ocpcommunications/Ramboraph4life don't understand why fans of these franchises just be like "yeh i'll pay for that" as we don't get it. The message is simple: Stop! stop taking these horror icons and digging them up their corpses out the ground, propping them up and dusting them off then throwing them into new movies acting if they were as cool as ever or as fresh or as popular as they were in the 80s and 90s. cause it's not! it's not the case try to make an effort into something and let the series live on in the merchandise, blurays. streams etc. there were enough stories to tell.

Just hang it up, they had good runs cause at this point your hurting things. Just channel the budget and make new horror icons plus new franchises than recyclying old glory just try to make a new horror icon. I know it hurts but it's the truth, i love the horror characters i mentioned but enough is enough but sometimes you got let go and let them rest in peace. We don't need leatherface, Freddy, Chucky or Michael become the same situation as Robocop, just let these horror icons rest in peace in favor of new franchises/horror icons.

Like Jud Crandall said "Sometimes dead is better".

Here's a simple solution; you and your two YouTube buddies don't see the movie. That way you are not supporting it, and the millions of people who want more of these movies get them.

Win win.

If you don’t want anymore of the classic slasher icons then simply don’t watch the movies. Why should they stop making them when people want to see them?

I never get that attitude they should stop making them. End of the day if you’ve lost interest then just ignore the new ones.

Si.

Here's a simple solution; you and your two YouTube buddies don't see the movie. That way you are not supporting it, and the millions of people who want more of these movies get them.

Win win.

Damn straight! His post has to be the dumbest post I’ve ever read on this website. If he doesn’t like what he sees then fair enough you’ll never please everyone. But to go on a rant like that and act like because a few people are sick of these films that they should stop making them is just ridiculous.

:up:

Win win.

This guy posted basically the same overly long and overly dramatic post earlier this morning in the horror thread. Can already tell there will be no logical discussing or reasoning with him. Not really gonna bother or waste my time. Feel like he’s kind of baiting people in to start arguments as well.

This guy posted basically the same overly long and overly dramatic post earlier this morning in the horror thread. Can already tell there will be no logical discussing or reasoning with him. Not really gonna bother or waste my time. Feel like he’s kind of baiting people in to start arguments as well.

He’s done a horrible job of selling that YouTube channel aswell, the trailers been immensely popular here so already people on here aren’t gonna bother with that sort of **** :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"