The Ultimate Marvel RPG Season I Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Actually I'm going to drop Black Knight. I'm just not feeling him as much as I thought I would and would like to leave him open for someone else to Ultimize later and hopefully better than I was going to. In the meantime, I'm going to apply for someone else...

Dropping both Hawkeye and Magneto. New job and a complete lack of enthusiasm for the games in general right now. Will probably come back at some point in the future though.

Third time's a charm, right?

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play: Clint Barton; Codename: Hawkeye

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: No, but he has been established in this RPG

Is the character a hero, a villain, or walking the line?: Hero-ish...

The big question - Why this character?: Hawkeye's a favorite of mine. Wanted to apply for him when the Ultimates were picking up heat, but opted out when Op still was on board for playing him. So now he's free, I'm going for it.

Brief background information of the character:
A former Olympic archer, Clint Barton became a U.S. intelligence agent over a decade ago. Active around the world, he was present for the liberations of Kosovo and Afghanistan, as well as the fall of the Berlin Wall.

He became a close friend and frequent colleague of fellow agent Nick Fury, and the two operatives were key founders of the modern intelligence agency S.H.I.E.L.D. Both rose through the ranks until Fury became the agency's director and Barton (code-named Hawkeye) became an elite agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s black ops division, often partnered with ex-KGB espionage legend Natasha Romanov. Despite his dangerous, globe-spanning profession, Barton managed to build a more stable family life than most of his peers, residing for years with his girlfriend Laura (who recently became his wife), with whom he had three children: Callum, Lewis and baby Nicole, named after her godfather, Nick Fury. Hawkeye habitually phoned his family before every mission to say good-bye, just in case he never returned. He always returned, even after a mission which pitted him, Romanov, and their support team against two office buildings full of extraterrestrial Chitauri sleeper agents. Most of their team died, but Hawkeye, the Widow and a handful of others survived, wiping out the Chitauri sleepers in the process.

Shortly thereafter, Hawkeye and the Widow were promoted to membership in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s new celebrity superhero team, the Ultimates, complete with newly falsified backgrounds to make them more acceptable public figures. When the Ultimates thwarted a Chitauri plot to destroy Earth, thanks in part to unwitting assistance from the monstrous Hulk, it was a wounded Hawkeye who managed to bring down the rampaging Hulk once the aliens were defeated.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment:
Hawkeye is a master archer with extraordinarily fast reflexes, exceptional dexterity and near-perfect aim. He is also an excellent all-around marksman well versed in conventional firearms, and has an uncanny knack for using miscellaneous hand-held objects as projectile weapons. Hawkeye is a veteran espionage operative, a formidable physical combatant, and an experienced fighter pilot.

Hawkeye's arsenal is composed of some of the most advanced munitions on the planet. His preferences being his wide array of bows and "Tech-Arrows", as well as crossbows and other arms such as guns.

What can you bring to this game?:

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Indigo Century Gothic Bold

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: As much as I can

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards:
656126-440px_ult_hawkeye_super.jpg

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog:

"So you're leaving?"

As much as he didn't want to leave her and his children, Clinton Barton looked down as the pair stood next to their bed, confirming her conclusion.

"It's Nick, Laura. I can't leave him hanging. He needs us. All of us. He wants me there by his side. I mean look at what happened to Washington..."

Clint grabbed the remote from his nightstand and switched on their television to find the news already being viewed. More specifically footage of the rubble that used to be the nation's capital. Footage that compelled him to be alongside his team as they fight the people responsible...

"It's fine. Go. Go find who did this..."

"Tell the kids I love 'em."

"Always..."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Clint. Come back in one piece."

"Always do." He responded as he smiled, kissing his beautiful wife's forehead.

Then he turned and grabbed his case and headed straight for the Triskelion's hangar. Where the Ultimates were waiting...

Screen Name: Venom160

Character you would like to play: Quicksilver

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: Yep Ultimates Vol. 1, 2, and (ugh)3. Also appeared in various issues of Ultimate X-Men.

Is the character a hero, a villain, or walking the line?: Hero

The big question - Why this character?: Its actually quite simple. The game needs more Ultimates and Quicksilver seemed like a better choice than any.

Brief background information of the character: Pietro's power is that of superspeed. He was shunned by his father due to the fact that his mother was human. Quicksilver desperately tried to please his father, but nothing he did ever seemed to be enough. Magneto even went as far as to call Quicksilver's mutation effeminate. Finally, Cyclops told Pietro that he should stand on his own feet rather than trying to please his father. During Magneto's attack on the White House, Pietro removed his father's helmet, the only thing protecting the Master of Magnetism from Xavier's telepathic attacks. Xavier was then able to stop Magneto and seemingly destroy him.

With his father gone, Pietro assumed leadership of the Brotherhood. Due to Wolverine's request, Pietro led an attack to liberate the prisoners of Weapon X. Afterwards, the Brotherhood began to fall apart as Pietro started a more politically-minded agenda, partially due the influence of conversations with "Uncle" Charles Xavier. Among other things, the Brotherhood liberated the animal evolutionaries from a laboratory, and disarmed counties with nuclear weapons. One of the animal evolutionaries, Prosimian, grew irritated with Quicksilver's tactics. When Blob discovered that Magneto was still alive, Prosimian did not hesitate to find Erik and return his memory. Quicksilver and his sister the Scarlet Witch sought sanctuary with the Ultimates. Nevertheless, Magneto attacked them and shot out Quicksilver's kneecap with a gun.

Quicksilver apparently recovered within a few weeks, thanks to his accelerated metabolism, but still runs with a very slight limp. He has refused to visit his father, though Magneto is being held in the Triskelion itself (Ultimates HQ).

(Info taken from www.mutanthigh.com because their rundown was better than I could ever put it) :word:

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: Pietro is a mutant with the super speed. Pietro has said that he was exceeding Mach 10 when he still had pimples, it's unclear exactly how fast he can actually move. Also do to his accelerated metabolism Pietro can heal wounds faster than a normal person can.

What can you bring to this game?: {Insert explanation #3} :oldrazz:

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Italic, Dark Slate Gray, Franklin Gothic Medium

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: As many as needed

94045-104098-quicksilver.jpg

yep yep

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog: "Oh my god that was a great movie!"

Wanda Maximoff flashes an almost blinding smile as she links her arm around the arm of the slender silver-haired man beside her.

"Are you kidding me? There was nothing remotely scary in the whole movie!"

"Please Pietro you can't honestly deny that you jumped at the end."

"Please my dear like I'm going to be afraid of a simple jump scare. Rather disappointing movie considering how very little quality time we have to spend together."

Wanda smiles as she cuddles closer to her sibling resting her head on his shoulder. To anyone in the crowd around them they would seem more like a loving couple instead of brother and sister.

"Fine next time you pick the movie. But please not another independent film. I could barely keep my eyes open during the last one."

"The humans are starting to rub off on you."

Wanda playfully nudges Pietro's side as they turn the corner onto Times Square. Pietro finally gives in to his sister's infectious mood and cracks a smile.

"So where shall we go to eat? To be honest I'd rather just grab some take-out instead of going anywhere considerably fancy."

Pietro opens his mouth to respond but is swiftly cut off by the loud beep of the familiar comm link.

"I fear I'll have to give you a rein check on dinner my dear."

"Time to go save the world...."

Pietro swiftly lifts his sister into is arms and disappear in a flash leaving a group of tourists wondering if what they just saw was real.
bumped with a sample. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
Heroes
"A Hero is a man who does what he can." - Romain Rolland

Captain America
Johnny Blaze

Hawkeye
Blacklight

The Wasp
absonic93

The Black Panther
Johnny Blaze

Moon Knight
Hound55

Thor
Byrd Man

Iron Man
Batman

Spider-Man
Venom160

Luke Cage
Tall Cheeso

Quicksilver
Venom160

Walking the Line
"Morality is the best of all devices for leading mankind by the nose." - Nietzsche

Hank Pym
absonic93

Villains
"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our Hell." - Oscar Wilde

The Red Skull
Johnny Blaze

U.S. Agent
Red_Robin77

Red Robin if I don't see a post by Saturday I'm bunnying U.S. Agent and moving on with something else for spidey.

Drawing dangerously close to the two week limit.

Last edited:
After a bit of thought, I've decided that, against my best interests, I'm going to drop out as Iron Man. With my focus consistently gravitating towards Ultimate DC, aswell as my interest in another character in another RPG, I just won't have the focus for Tony that's needed for this arc.

So, yeah. Seeya around. :csad:

Poor, MB. He was such a good poster too. He will be missed. :csad:

*sharpens knife*

:awesome::stark::awesome:

Screen Name: Eddie Brock

Character you would like to play: Antonio "Tony" Stark / Iron Man

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: Tony is one of the founding members of the Ultimates, and as such appeared in The Ultimates Volume 1. He was also featured in two miniseries detailing his origin.

Is the character a hero, a villain, or walking the line?: He's a hero.

The big question - Why this character?: I've never understood why Iron Man was always considered a second-tier character, but I'm glad that the Iron Man movie propelled him to a more prominent status. Especially in today's world where heroes aren't quite as heroic as they used to be, a drinking, gambling, womanizing arms dealer with a heart of gold is quite an interesting case study.

Brief background information of the character: Antonio Stark is the child of two prominent figures, billionaire industrialist Howard Stark and brilliant scientist Maria Cerrerra. As a result of a lab accident, Maria is exposed to a regenerative virus, which the fetal Tony inherits. The virus kills Maria, but not before she can deliver Tony - who is born with neural tissue expanding across his body. In an effort to save his son, Howard Stark uses an experimental bio-armor which protects Tony's sensitive skin.

Howard would later be murdered by Obidiah Stane, one of his business rivals. This left an orphaned Tony to take control of Stark Industries. While Tony delved deeper into alcoholism and womanizing, Start Industries became the cutting edge of technology and arms manufacturing in the world. After discovering he had an incurable brain tumor, Tony decided to make up for his mistakes and use his resources to save the world as Iron Man.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: The excess of neural tissue across Tony's body makes him unmeasurably intelligent, but it also comes with the drawback of making his body hyper-sensitive to pain. His tissue regenerates very quickly, though, giving Tony a sort of "healing factor." As for noteworthy equipment, well, Tony pretty much has it all. I suppose the most obvious thing to mention are the numerous Iron Man suits that Tony has designed for a variety of occasions.

What can you bring to this game?: Well, it's been a while, so I can't quite tell you how much gas is left in the tank. However, I'm taking it slow, and I'm going to dedicate as much time and energy as I can to the few characters I do have.

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Bold Red Century Gothic / Dark Red Fixedsys

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: Not as many as I could in my heyday, but I won't regularly drag things on when people need me to post.

926941-675px_ultimate_ironman_super.jpg

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog:

My eyes are starting to hurt. How long have I been up? Check the clock. 4:37 AM. Hmm. Didn't think it was that late. Oh well. There's still work to do. I reach for my coffee cup, accidentally shuffling schematics and papers on my desk. I don't take my eyes off the holographic screen. I bring the cup to my lips and take a sip.

"Ugh," I groan as the coffee touches my lips. I look down into the cup of hot, black liquid. "Needs something," I mutter to myself. I pat my legs, searching for a familiar object. I find it in my pant pocket. A flask. I unscrew the cap and pour a considerable amount of its contents into the coffee. I then replace the cap and toss the nearly-empty flask aside. I take another sip.

"Better."

I turn my attention back to the holographic screen. A three-dimensional rendering of my current Iron Man armor rotates silently before me. I tap the screen once, freezing the suit in place. With another tap, I zoom in on the suit's power core. The screen illuminates my face as the only source of light in my darkened office.

"Losing power somewhere," I remark to no-one in particular. "Need to be more efficient." I tap the screen, and the model returns to its original zoom, rotating once more. I pull up a menu listing all the suit's specification. I frown. "Let's see what we've got."

Weapons. Ha. Can't afford to sacrifice any power there.

Flight. I suppose I could lower maximum speed, but where's the fun in that? Note to self: investigate further methods of making suit aerodynamic.

What else?

Defense and shielding.

I lean back in my chair, gently rubbing the growing stubble on my cheek. "Well, they always did say that the best defense is a good offense..."

Once we get to the palace, I was going to have us run in to Jakkara's hired super villain mercs. So, if there's any particular character you wish to Ultimize and duke it out with just let me know via post or PM. :up:

Is the Ultimate Spider-Man cut-off before Ronin's introduction?

Is the Ultimate Spider-Man cut-off before Ronin's introduction?
Ultimate Ronin was Moon Knight, which I have. But since the cut-off date occurs before that comes about I don't have any issue with you "Ultimizing" Echo (or perhaps even a new character) for the role if no-one else has.

Reminds me, I've got to throw another post up here soon...

Ultimate Ronin was Moon Knight, which I have. But since the cut-off date occurs before that comes about I don't have any issue with you "Ultimizing" Echo (or perhaps even a new character) for the role if no-one else has.

Reminds me, I've got to throw another post up here soon...
I just wanted to know if he hasn't been established so that I can utilize him down the line for a Hawkeye story. So thanks for the approval of my using him when the time comes.:up:

Oh yeah, you have Hawkeye... didn't think to put two and two together :doh:

Yeah, I wasn't going to go down a Ronin tangent with Ultimate Moon Knight anyway, so its more than fine with me. :up:

I'm glad these cutoffs won't make things confusing and cause problems. :dry:

Oh yeah, you have Hawkeye... didn't think to put two and two together :doh:

Yeah, I wasn't going to go down a Ronin tangent with Ultimate Moon Knight anyway, so its more than fine with me. :up:
Cool beans.:cool:

Sorry for my lack of posts guys. Been alittle rough trying to get back in the grove of posting. I'll have a Quicksilver post up soon. Also welcome back Edd. Good to see ya dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"