The Ultimate Marvel RPG Season I Sign-Up/OOC Thread

I'll throw something up here over tomorrow or the next day...

I'm just going to announce that I'm dropping Cyclops. I picked up some new characters in other games that I have more interest in and I need to keep my load light. I wish this game luck though, as I hope to come back to it eventually

I haven't forgotten Moon Knight either... I've just been real sick for about a week and I have an essay on Descartes to get done as well...

Expect something over the next day or two...

Hi, newbie here. Been lurking around for awhile, just now signed on. I have a few ideas for characters and things for the Ultimate Marvel game (especially since it seems so new). But is this game still going? The posts in the last week or so seem few and far between. If it's still on, I might try PMing a few people, based on who has which character, with my ideas to see if they would work. Thanks.

I'd like to say this game is done, but it sure as **** looks that way.
I know we really need some Ultimates to help get this story moving again. :o

Just not feeling the Human Torch so im gonna drop him. I'll have a couple apps up in the next few days once I decide who I'm picking up.

I know I'm new here, but would it help if we coordinated things a little more? Instead of having one person pick one member of the Fantastic Four, try to get 3 or 4 of them and then have a few FF stories so you can do things as a group. Likewise with having one X-Man. I was thinking we could do a crossover team with the teenage heroes like Spider-Man, Human Torch, Iceman, Shadowcat, Iron Fist, etc. being brought together as a team by Nick Fury. They're minors, so he can send them into hairy situations and nothing will stick (legally). Plus, that's just the kind of manipulation you'd expect from Nick Fury.

Okay, after talking with people, here's an updated roster.

Heroes
"A Hero is a man who does what he can." - Romain Rolland

Captain America
Johnny Blaze

Hawkeye
Optikal

The Wasp
absonic93

The Black Panther
Johnny Blaze

Hercules
Speedball

Moon Knight
Hound55

Thor
Byrd Man

Iron Man
Batman

Walking the Line
"Morality is the best of all devices for leading mankind by the nose." - Nietzsche

Villains
"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our bad place." - Oscar Wilde

Magneto

Optikal

The Red Skull
Johnny Blaze

U.S. Agent
Red_Robin77

Last edited:
And, in place of Deadpool :-)csad: ) I'll pick up...

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you would like to play: Captain America

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: Yes

Is the character a hero, a villain, or walking the line?: Hero

The big question - Why this character?: Because there needs to be some PC Ultimates, dammit.

Brief background information of the character:

Taken from Wiki...

Steve Rogers started off as a frail volunteer for scientific experimenting on behalf of the U.S. government. He underwent extensive surgery and steroid treatment and training to become Captain America and fighting the Nazis during World War II. He would eventually come into battle with Herr Kleiser, who introduced a prototype atomic bomb and intercontinental missile that were made with alien (Chitauri) technology meant to target the White House. However they were too late to stop the process from commencing, but Captain America managed to get to the missile as it launched. In a successful attempt to stop it in mid air, he fell into the North Atlantic and was presumed dead.

Years after, the body of Captain America was found in the Arctic Ocean frozen in a block of ice. It was as if he hadn't aged a day. It is unknown whether it was due to cryogenic preservation or the super soldier serum that prevented him from aging. Initially he thought S.H.I.E.L.D. was a group of Nazi soldiers who had captured him, but eventually realized that he was in a different time. He found out his best friend Bucky Barnes was now married to his fiancée and that all his loved ones were dead.

After catching up to his new era, the Ultimates were faced with the dilemma of Bruce Banner deliberately becoming the Hulk. Rogers was able to stagger and stop the Hulk briefly in combat. When he was about to inject the Hulk with the antidote, Hulk made a surprise attack and broke the needle and then began beating Cap until Thor came to the rescue. After Hulk had reverted back to Banner, Cap knocked him out and had him taken back to the Triskelion.

Captain America soon discovered that his nemesis, Herr Kleiser had survived World War II and was a Chitauri soldier. This was why he would always seem to survive, Cap saying that he has killed Kleiser "twice". When Kleiser resurfaced, Cap and he resumed their rivalry from 60 years back. When the Hulk was dropped into their battle, Cap convinced Hulk that Kleiser was hitting on Betty, causing Hulk to mutilate then eat Herr Kleiser.

During the Ultimate War the Ultimates are put in battle with the X-Men after Magneto was found alive. Captain America would then lead the Black Widow and Hawkeye in an assault on the six mutants that blew up the Brooklyn Bridge, immediately taking out three mutants. In this arc, Cap reveals that when working with the Canadian army, he met a man called "Lucky Jim" Howlett. Lucky Jim was Wolverine. Wolverine earned the nickname because no matter how many times he was shot, he still came out alive. During the battle between the Ultimates and the X-men, Captain America calls Wolverine by his given name causing Wolverine to become disoriented, Cap then proceeds to shoot away at Wolverine with a machine gun until Wolverine is knocked unconscious.

During the Ultimate Six story arc Captain America leads the Ultimates in the arrests of Electro and Kraven the Hunter. Later those two–along with the Sandman, Doc Ock, and the Green Goblin—escape from S.H.I.E.L.D. He becomes very disheartened when he finds out that these villains were all a result of trying to duplicate the Super Soldier serum. During an attack on the White House lawn Captain America wrestled with Spider-Man with neither out-powering the other. He then explained the truth to Spiderman that his aunt was safe with S.H.I.E.L.D. Captain America then fought the Green Goblin landing several hits while not being hit once.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: Cap was turned into a Super Soldier thanks to the US Government, his physical abilities all raised to superhuman levels. Cap is an expert tactician and a skilled commander, and a world class fighter. His trademark weapon is his shield, baring the stars and stripes he so loves, that he can use as a richocheting projectile weapon, and is indestructable.

What can you bring to this game?: Experience in RPing.

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Navy, Bold

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: As many as need be, life permiting.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards: Tes

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog:

"Where are you going, Nick?"

"Captain", Fury turned to see Steve enter the hanger bay and walk towards him. The General was standing next to a small commercial cargo plane that was being loaded with equipment and weapons. A small crew of field agents sat and waited, checking their personal gear and making sure their rifles were clean.

"What are you doin' here, Steve?"

"You're going after him, aren't you? Jakkara?"

"...Steve, maybe you should sit this one out."

"Don't feed that BS, Fury", Cap fired, raising his voice a bit. He took a deep breath and composed himself, calming down. It was obvious he was still worked up after what happened.
And who could blame him, Fury thought.
"General, what happened today is no different than Pearl Harbor. This was an act of war, sir. Somebody attack my country and killed innocent lives."

"That can be allowed to go unpunished", Captain America said, his fists clenched in frustration and anger.
"If you're going after Jakkara, Fury, then I'm coming with you."

I'm just going to announce that I'm dropping Cyclops. I picked up some new characters in other games that I have more interest in and I need to keep my load light. I wish this game luck though, as I hope to come back to it eventually
You can take me off the roster as Cyke, JB.

Right on. Sorry to see you go, BL. But you must do what you feel is right, of course.

And, on another note, I now realize I'm the only GM left now. :o
So, I hereby approve myself, and will be accepting applications for the position of AGM.

Right on. Sorry to see you go, BL. But you must do what you feel is right, of course.

And, on another note, I now realize I'm the only GM left now. :o
So, I hereby approve myself, and will be accepting applications for the position of AGM.
I might not leave just yet. I'm just not into Cyke as much anymore. Maybe if another character idea comes to me I'll apply if it'll keep this game afloat

I know I'm new here, but would it help if we coordinated things a little more? Instead of having one person pick one member of the Fantastic Four, try to get 3 or 4 of them and then have a few FF stories so you can do things as a group. Likewise with having one X-Man. I was thinking we could do a crossover team with the teenage heroes like Spider-Man, Human Torch, Iceman, Shadowcat, Iron Fist, etc. being brought together as a team by Nick Fury. They're minors, so he can send them into hairy situations and nothing will stick (legally). Plus, that's just the kind of manipulation you'd expect from Nick Fury.
I'd be willing to do something like that, but I'm tied up with three characters at the moment.
Also really depends on the characters involved as I'm not really interested in playing the Ultimate X-Men. Like at all. :o :csad:

I might not leave just yet. I'm just not into Cyke as much anymore. Maybe if another character idea comes to me I'll apply if it'll keep this game afloat

Right on. I hope you figure something out. You're a helluva pilot, Solo. We'd hate to lose you. :up:

Hey Guys. I'm still in, with both my guys. I've just been going through a frustrating patch. Feeling uninspired for any characters in any games right now. Having my ash kicked by swine flu isn't helping either.

I'll try and jump back in with something for both though. Apologies once more.

Right on. Just get yourself better, Op. That's the important thing.

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: Venom160

Character you would like to play: Spider-Man

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: Yep Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 1 & 2.

The big question - Why this character?: Spider-Man has always been a character I wanted to play but I always felt I wasn't worthy of playing such an iconic character. But now I figure wtf I can't do any worse than Loeb. :o Plus hes' always been taken.

Brief background information of the character: Everyone knows the origin of Spidey but in short Peter Parker was your average uninteresting doormat. That was until the field trip to Ozcorp where his life changed forever. After having been bitten by a spider injected with the experimental super soldier serum known as Oz Peter gained the powers of a spider. Deciding to use his newfound powers to make a little green to help his struggling Aunt and Uncle Pete starts fighting in a small-time wrestling company. After being falsely accused of stealing money from the company Pete was put in the position of choosing between giving away his identity or involving the cops. Choosing to preserve his identity Pete bails.

As Peter makes his way home he comes across a deli being robbed. Lost in his thoughts Pete lets the thief run right by him figuring that it isn't his problem. Finally making it home in Queens Peter finds out that his Uncle was murdered in cold blood by an intruder looking for money. As he tries to comfort his grieving Aunt Peter overhears that the cops have the creep cornered in a warehouse. Enraged, Peter runs out of the house and dons his wrestling costume with plans on revenge. After confronting his Uncle's killer Peter discovers that it was infact the thief that he let go. That if he had stopped the creep when he should've his Uncle would still be alive. Vowing never to shirk his responsibilities again, Peter Parker takes his first steps in his new life as the Amazing Spider-Man.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: Peter possesses the proportionate strength and speed of a spider. With this also comes the spider's ability to stick to walls aswell as an early warning sense that Peter has come to call his "Spidey Sense". Equipment-wise Pete sports a pair of web-shooters of his own design. These shooters fire a web-like substance that was derived from a glue formula that his father was developing before he died.

What can you bring to this game?: The usual I guess. A love for the games and the characters aswell an urge to see this game prosper.

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): (Red, Bold, Italic)When hes' out of costume/(Red, Bold, Italic, Comic Sans MS)when he's in costume

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: As many times as necessary and when circumstances allow.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards:
107514-188469-spider-man-1.jpg

yep yep

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog: The semi-friendly, mildly peaceful streets of Queens prepares for another day as school buses make there morning rounds and normal citizens head to their soul crushing jobs. For Alexander Corbit this day was horrible from the get go. His alarm clock died causing him to run late, his 04 Trailblazer hit a nail in the road causing him to spend precious time changing the flat. As he finally speeds off to work praying that he hasn't been fired he doesn't realize just how bad his day is going to get. Joining the line of cars moving unto the Brooklyn Bridge Corbit's SUV is rocked as a nearby jewelery store window gets blown out by an invisible force. Craning his neck trying to see what is happening Corbit spies two costumed criminals emerge from the ruined storefront.

Shocker smiles at his handy work taking interest to a group of people holding bloody appendages from the flying glass.

"What I tell yeah Boomerang. Piece of cake."

Boomerang rolls his eye behind his mask. Hes' such statements before.

"Whatever. Lets just get back t'the hideout before we start celebratin."

"Hermy! Boomy! Hows it hangin guys. Let me guess short, shriveled, and always to the left?"

Boomerang didn't even have to look up to recognize that voice.

"Ah son of a..."

"Ah ah ah watch the language theres children present."

Boomerang spins around chucking a razor sharp boomerang at the spider.

"Get out of here Shocker. I'll deal with the bug!"

Spidey jumps off the side of the building easily avoiding the lethal boomerang.

"Bug? Boomy I'm hurt. I much prefer Mr. Spidey. bad place I'd even take the Man-Spider. Sounds menacing yet also makes me sound like something from an EC comic."

Boomerang ignores the young hero's banter and unleashes another volley as Shocker makes a break toward the bridge. Alexander Corbit watches the fight as Spidey easily dodges everything Boomerang throws at him. But he also notices Shocker come his way.

"Ah dammit."

Not even breaking stride Shocker raises his gaunlets and lets loose a barrage of high-intensity vibrations powerful enough to send cars flying. Chaos ensues as commutors abandon their cars trying to get as far away from the idiot chucking their property around like tinker toys.

Back at the storefront Spidey quickly closes the distance between him and his would be attacker.

"Alright thats it Boomy! Time to say good NIGHT!"

Driving his point home Spider-Man lands an uppercut to Boomerang's chin sending him literally flying out of his boots. Spidey stifles a laugh at the boots still standing where their owner once stood.

"And me without my camera phone."

Spidey's head starts buzzing as everything suddenly slows down.

"Oh boy."

Letting his instincts take over Spidey vaults into the air narrowly avoiding getting hit by a 04 Trailblazer. Quickly checking the SUV Spidey finds a young man still belted into his seat with a death grip on his steering wheel.

"You ok sir?"

"**** this I'm calling in sick."

""Thats probably a smart move. Excuse me I got an utter tool I need to knock out."

Taking to the air Spidey swings towards the bridge where Shocker is clearing cars out of his path.

"Yo vibrator haven't you heard of a taxi? I mean don't get me wrong your way is effective but I don't think your fellow New Yorkers care for it."

"Oh come on! Can't you just let me go once?! Times are tough!"

"No can do Hermy. But I'm sure theres a urinal somewhere that could use a good scrubbing."

"Raah! JUST SHUT UP!"

Shocker wheels around and fires a blast that could easily punch a hole through a brick wall. Letting go of his webline Spidey twists in the air avoiding the invisible blast.

"Yeah right. Thats like asking American Idol to not suck. But not to worry Hermy it'll all be over after the good old "Thwip & whap". Ready?"

Thwip

Shocker jerks his gaze down to his chest and sees the thin strand.

"Ah fu.."

Before finishing his sentence Shocker is yanked off his feet and flies into a waiting fist.

"WHAP!"

Thirty seconds later Spidey puts the finishing touches on the web cocoon that now holds Shocker and Boomerang to the bridge.

"There. Two grade A idiots ready for shipping."

The familiar wail of approaching sirens draws Spidey's attention.

"And thats make cue to skedaddle."

Lunging off the bridge Spidey fires a webline heading for the hallowed halls of Midtown High.

Last edited:

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: Thor

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: Yes, he has.

The big question - Why this character?: I played Thor many seasons back in this RPG. And, I know JB thinks I'm wrong, I like Ult. Thor much better than his 616 counter part.

Brief background information of the character: The man who claims to be Thor, the Norse god of thunder, is on a self-proclaimed mission to save the planet. His political and social activism, as well as his own self-help books, attract rebellious hippies and conspiracy theorists. Even though he serves as a member of the Ultimates, Thor has spoken against America's military aggression against other world powers and the military-industrial complex.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: Thor's belt grants him superhuman strength, endurance, and durability. His hammer, Mjolnir, grants him flight, teleportation, and the ability to manipulate the weather and create lightning strikes.

What can you bring to this game?: Decent RPer with experience

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Georgia, Blue, and Bold

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: Much as needed

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards: Yep

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog:

Rural Norway
200 Kilometers outside of Oslo

Among the trees covered in the quickly thawing snow that signaled the fast approaching Nordic spring, I sit cross legged on the hard ground, admist the weathered rocks and fallen leaves.

"Alföðr, Odin.....Father. You send me here to do your will, but yet you turn a deaf ear to me in my time of need. Tell me what must I do to stop this devourer. How can I stop something that is feared even among gods?"

"Thor, my son."

A voice echoes through the woods as a ray of light shines on my face.

"Your mission on Earth isn't just to save humanity, it is to save yourself."

"Me? But, why?"

"You will know soon enough, now to help you in your war against the devour I send you a gift."

Wind kicks up in the forrest as light surrounds me. The light blast outward and ghost like creatures encirle and fly around me

"Valkyrie's thank you father."

"Think nothing of it, son. Now, time is of the essence, to New York with you."

I raise Mjolnir into the air as the Valkyries surround me. In a flash of lightning and thunder, I'm gone

New York City
.5 Seconds Later

The winds starts to howl as level 5 hurricane winds whip through the city that never sleeps, lightning flashes across the sky and thunder rips through the air. Clouds as black as night cover up the sun and plunge New York into darkness, the automatic street lights come to life. A massive bolt of lightning streaks through the sky and thunder crashes, shaking the windows in Manhattan. In that lightning bolt, I emerge.

"Gah Lak Tus! This is your first and only warning, turn back now or face the wrath of a god."

ultimates20220042013hw0.jpg

Screen Name: Batman

Character you would like to play: Iron Man

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: He's been a prominent character in The Ultimates since it's debut, aswell as a few of his own series'.

The big question - Why this character?: I've said it before, but what the bad place. Even before the movie hit and everyone began to like him, Iron Man was my favorite Avenger. And by default, my favorite Ultimate. He's just a fun character to write that, by all means, combines the tech-savvy modern day billionaire with the arrogant drunkard of today's party-hard socialities and puts both characteristics through the wringer. Then goes the extra mile, and adds a heavily weaponized armored suit ontop of that.

Brief background information of the character: Growing up as the child of a respected doctor and a billionaire scientist, Antonio 'Tony' Stark became a child prodigy. Boasting a college-graduate IQ by the age of six, Tony became his father's protege and began to tinker with inventions long since abandoned by Stark Industries, ultimately improving upon them and helping launch the company as a top grade military-supplier. But like always, there came a downside to his talents. Because of the nature of his birth, Tony's skin became ultra-sensitive and regularly pained him. It was because instead of just an internal brain, his skin was apart of it aswell, making him a walking cerebrum and a bi-product of science. To help him cope with his condition, Tony's father created an external protective shell that allowed the boy to live close to a normal life.

But others soon looked to capitalize on Tony's genius. Howard Stark's buisness rival, Obidiah Stane, would be prominent among them as he tried unsuccessfully to kidnap and use the boy against his father. When that didn't work, Stane organized both the deaths of Howard and Maria, leaving a teenage Tony an orphan. Taking up his father's corporation and empire, it wasn't long until Stark became a billionaire playboy, using alcohol to dull the pain of his condition and use his frequent party contacts to get himself invested into all sorts of revenues. It wasn't until he developed an inoperable brain tumor that a distraught Tony began to work towards fufilling his true calling: Protecting the world, while he still had the time to leave an impact on it. Constructing a high tech suit of armor, Tony Stark publically became the technological hero known as The Invincible Iron Man.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: When wearing his constantly evolving Iron Man armor, Stark possesses the abilities of superhuman strength, durability, and flight. His weapons include high-powered laser cannons, controlled rockets, and machine guns.

What can you bring to this game?: Hopefully a version of Tony Stark that hasn't gotten too stale, since my last outing as the character.

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Century Gothic Bold, Red, for Tony's normal speech, Dark Red Fixedsys for when he's Iron Man

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: Probably more than my other characters, of late. I don't plan to do much solo stuff with Tony at first, so there's the team-dynamic to work off of with The Ultimates.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards:

ironmanbrando440.jpg

"Now this is a party."

The supermodels giggled to themselves as Tony Stark raised his half-full glass of champagne in a pseudo-toast, lounging about in the penthouse suite of the hotel he had just checked into with a horde of women as his accompaniments. While some would call the action to be brash and thoughtless, Stark was just wondering to himself where to place this one on the list. He had been all around Europe for about a week, and rather than get back to buisness on his first day returned to American soil, Tony decided that the best course of action would be to switch out business for pleasure. In short, he'd celebrate his return by having copious amounts of sex and alcohol.

Mostly alcohol.

"You know, ladies, this brand actually can't be legally purchased in the country. Just a little fun fact for you,", Stark smirked, sloppily pouring himself some more. "But since I've never been one to let dear old Uncle Sam disrupt what could be a beautiful night, I just asked myself the obvious. Who said that being an amoral Government puppet couldn't have it's own rewards?"

Downing the glass with a grin, Tony laid back, allowing two of the supermodels to lay themselves on his shoulders as the others danced to the loud music that was blaring across the entire room. Though the neighboring guests frequently yelled or complained to the management, nothing was said to stop them. Because just above his room's wine cooler laid the deed to the hotel itself. Tony had bought the property on the spot.

"Oh, Mister Stark...", One of the models sensually moaned. "You're making me sooo hot."

"You're becoming quite the aphrodisiac yourself, my dear.", Tony replied, as the model began kissing him on his neck. "What would you say if I asked you to spend the night?"

"But Tony,", One of the others asked. "Don't you have, like, a giant monster to fight or something tommorow?"

"Pamela, darling... the correct term is 'Abnormal Scientific Monstrosity'.", Tony corrected. "And even if that were the case, which it may very well be... I've come to the conclusion that even superheroes need time to themselves."

Tony's eyes widened in pleasure, as the model kissed him in a tender area. "Oh and right now, I'm thinking that I need as much of that time as I can stand."

Last edited:
Happy to see Byrd and MB back in this game. Welcome back.

I'll have my preview post added to my spidey app shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"