The Ultimate Marvel RPG Season I Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Sample up. Sorry bout the length, got alittle too into it. :O

Last edited:
Blacklight dropped Cyke so right now the X-men are inactive. But not for long cause I'm planning on applying for an X-Man. Just not sure who...

Whoo~!

For a second there I thought this game was just going to be me and J Bizzle :D

Glad y'all came back :D

You're approved as Spider-Man, Venom.

Since I can't put an updated roster in the first post of this thread :o :cmad: I'll just try and keep posting it on every page.

Heroes
"A Hero is a man who does what he can." - Romain Rolland

Captain America
Johnny Blaze

Hawkeye
Optikal

The Wasp
absonic93

The Black Panther
Johnny Blaze

Moon Knight
Hound55

Thor
Byrd Man

Iron Man
Batman

Spider-Man
Venom160

Luke Cage
Tall Cheeso

Walking the Line
"Morality is the best of all devices for leading mankind by the nose." - Nietzsche

Villains
"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our Hell." - Oscar Wilde

Magneto

Optikal

The Red Skull
Johnny Blaze

U.S. Agent
Red_Robin77

Last edited:
This is why it pays to have a moderator playing the games. :cool:

That'll definitely work. I can do the roster updates and send them your way, so that you may edit it them into Murdock's opening post. :up:

Screen Name: Tall_Cheeso

Character you would like to play: Carl Lucas, a.k.a. Luke Cage

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: No. I want to use a background with Carl Lucas is an MMA fighter that gains superpowers while receiving medical treatment after a fight (more on that later). Overall he'd be very similar to the 616 version, just a different backstory.

Is the character a hero, a villain, or walking the line?: Hero

The big question - Why this character?: He seems like a down-to-Earth guy, still interested in helping people despite the bad situations he finds himself in. Plus, Titanium skin.

Brief background information of the character:

Carl Lucas is the son of a semi-pro boxer from Harlem. When his father's career started taking a downturn and allegations of cheating arose, his father left the family. Raised by his mother, Carl found some relief in his absent father's discipline of boxing. He took the stage name "Luke Cage" to try to distance himself from his father. When the MMA gained popularity, Carl tried a few fights of that type. Though he didn't like MMA as much as straight boxing, the payouts and publicity were better so he signed on for an undercard at UFC 108.

Unfortunately, he fought a veteran MMA fighter. Taking a serious beating in the first round, his ring coach advised him to throw in the towel and not answer the bell in the second round. Cage was angered by this, feeling that he would be embarassed on such a large stage if he quit after a single round. In the second round, Cage continued to take a serious beating, until his opponent landed a hard kick to the side of Cage's head, KOing him.

The ring doctor checked Cage out and sent him to the hospital with a serious concussion. The hospital kept him for observation for 24 hours, but his concussion symptoms were not improving. The doctors ordered a PET scan in which radionuclides are injected into a patient, then doctors can monitor where the blood is circulating based on the presence of radiation emitted. In particular, the doctors wanted to check the blood flow in his brain to make sure he did not have serious brain damage.

However, when the radioactive elements in his blood reached his brain, Luke Cage's body responded abnormally. Cage's skin became like steel, his muscles got stronger, and he recovered from his wounds in only a few hours. Amazed, the doctors wished to perform more tests, but Cage would have none of it.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: Luke Cage's skin is nearly indestructible. He has taken gunshots, stab wounds, burns, blunt impacts, and many other forms of attacks without being wounded. Cage is very reluctant to allow doctors or scientists to examine his abilities, so the exact biological mechanism for them is unknown. His metabolism also is enhanced, allowing him to heal internal injures and illnesses several times faster than ordinary humans. As a byproduct of his enhanced metabolism, Cage can exercise far more often than normal humans (because his body repairs his muscles much faster). After training his way he has increased his strength to near-superhuman levels. He has no noteworthy equipment, since between his indestructible skin and super strength he tends to break most objects he would use.

What can you bring to this game?: I've played tons of tabletop games, thought I'd try an online game. Plus, I haven't played a superhero game in awhile.

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): I think there would only be one font, Ariel Black since his costume and alter ego persona are pretty much the same.

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: As many as need be, life permiting.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards: Working on it.

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog:

The Ultimates fight off an alien invasion, and I'm stuck with this.

The ski-mask wearing, would-be robber was now pointing his .38 special at the convenient store clerk. Unfortunately for the robber, the convenient store clerk had a shotgun pointed back at him. It was that kind of neighborhood. Cage stood to the side, still holding his bottle of contact solution and four dollar bills.

The two armed men stared one another down, neither wanting to blink.

"If you're both just going to stand there, I'm gonna get going then," Cage said, placing his four dollars on the checkout counter.

Without breaking his stare, the robber said, "Stay right there!" The clerk chimed in, "For all I know, you two are in cahoots!"

Cage sighed. He looked at the robber. "You need to learn to take hostages better, and you," he looked to the clerk, "had better have hit some silent alarm or something. I'd hate to think that I'm the only one with experience here."

Both men turned their guns at Cage. "Oh, right, take it out on the shopper. Last time I make a late-night run for my girlfriend's contact solution."

The robber, increasingly jumpy, shouted, "Shut the @#$% up!" The clerk likewise was tensing up. Cage just smiled.

In an instant, Cage reached out and grabbed both guns, but not after they each had fired. The shotgun pellets mostly hit his left hand, but some hit his left ribs. The revolver round hit him lower, in his right side on the stomach. Grunting but unharmed, Cage's fists closed around each of the weapons, crimping their barrels. He grabbed the now harmless weapons out of each of their hands and tossed them aside.

In shock, the robber took off but the clerk just stood there. Cage knelt down, scooped up the contact solution he had dropped, and turned to the door. "Sorry I had to ruin your shotgun," he called behind him to the clerk.

welcome aboard Tall.

Also I'll have an app for my second character up sometime tonight.

No, I'm not real happy with that post either... had to put something up there, but it's a bit (a lot) clunky...

Yeah, My Wasp post wasn't quite what I wanted, but at least it's a post :) It was late night.

I'd like to pick up another character, but I'm not feeling any inspiration at the moment. I'll give it some thought.

Roster has been updated (removed Hercules).

Also, I've been thinking on it, and I'm going to implement the same policy that MB uses in UDC. Any character that appears IC, that is how they will be represented in UMU. Even if it's just for one post in the IC thread.
So, if somebody wanted to play, say Hercules or Captain Britain, they'd have to pick up from where they were left off. No retcons.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Doesn't hurt anyone to keep a character's history intact.

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: Venom160

Character you would like to play: Quicksilver

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: Yep Ultimates Vol. 1, 2, and (ugh)3. Also appeared in various issues of Ultimate X-Men.

The big question - Why this character?: Its actually quite simple. The game needs more Ultimates and Quicksilver seemed like a better choice than any.

Brief background information of the character: Pietro's power is that of superspeed. He was shunned by his father due to the fact that his mother was human. Quicksilver desperately tried to please his father, but nothing he did ever seemed to be enough. Magneto even went as far as to call Quicksilver's mutation effeminate. Finally, Cyclops told Pietro that he should stand on his own feet rather than trying to please his father. During Magneto's attack on the White House, Pietro removed his father's helmet, the only thing protecting the Master of Magnetism from Xavier's telepathic attacks. Xavier was then able to stop Magneto and seemingly destroy him.

With his father gone, Pietro assumed leadership of the Brotherhood. Due to Wolverine's request, Pietro led an attack to liberate the prisoners of Weapon X. Afterwards, the Brotherhood began to fall apart as Pietro started a more politically-minded agenda, partially due the influence of conversations with "Uncle" Charles Xavier. Among other things, the Brotherhood liberated the animal evolutionaries from a laboratory, and disarmed counties with nuclear weapons. One of the animal evolutionaries, Prosimian, grew irritated with Quicksilver's tactics. When Blob discovered that Magneto was still alive, Prosimian did not hesitate to find Erik and return his memory. Quicksilver and his sister the Scarlet Witch sought sanctuary with the Ultimates. Nevertheless, Magneto attacked them and shot out Quicksilver's kneecap with a gun.

Quicksilver apparently recovered within a few weeks, thanks to his accelerated metabolism, but still runs with a very slight limp. He has refused to visit his father, though Magneto is being held in the Triskelion itself (Ultimates HQ).

(Info taken from www.mutanthigh.com because their rundown was better than I could ever put it) :word:

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: Pietro is a mutant with the super speed. Pietro has said that he was exceeding Mach 10 when he still had pimples, it's unclear exactly how fast he can actually move. Also do to his accelerated metabolism Pietro can heal wounds faster than a normal person can.

What can you bring to this game?: {Insert explanation #3} :oldrazz:

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Italic, Dark Slate Gray, Franklin Gothic Medium

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: As many as needed

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards:
94045-104098-quicksilver.jpg

yep yep

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog: Oh my god that was a great movie!"

Wanda Maximoff flashes an almost blinding smile as she links her arm around the arm of the slender silver-haired man beside her.

"Are you kidding me? There was nothing remotely scary in the whole movie!"

"Please Pietro you can't honestly deny that you jumped at the end."

"Please my dear like I'm going to be afraid of a simple jump scare. Rather disappointing movie considering how very little quality time we have to spend together."

Wanda smiles as she cuddles closer to her sibling resting her head on his shoulder. To anyone in the crowd around them they would seem more like a loving couple instead of brother and sister.

"Fine next time you pick the movie. But please not another independent film. I could barely keep my eyes open during the last one."

"The humans are starting to rub off on you."

Wanda playfully nudges Pietro's side as they turn the corner onto Times Square. Pietro finally gives in to his sister's infectious mood and cracks a smile.

"So where shall we go to eat? To be honest I'd rather just grab some take-out instead of going anywhere considerably fancy."

Pietro opens his mouth to respond but is swiftly cut off by the loud beep of the familiar comm link.

"I fear I'll have to give you a rein check on dinner my dear."

"Time to go save the world...."

Pietro swiftly lifts his sister into is arms and disappear in a flash leaving a group of tourists wondering if what they just saw was real.

Last edited:
Hey, looks like we've got a sizable Ultimates group here. Could we set a date for when the actual invasion(s) will occur, so we could finish the preliminaries and all be on the same page?

Well, when the Ultimates leave the Triskelion, they'll be headed straight to scoop up Panther, Cage, and Iron Fist at the airfield.
Or we can skip ahead a bit and have Panther, Cage, and Danny already picked up and at the Triskelion's hanger when the Ultimates arrive.

After that it's off to sunny Wakanda!

edit. Will post revised application in new post

Last edited:
Expect something up from me tonight...

sorry for not adding a sample into my Quicksilver app yet. Works been hitting me pretty hard the last few days. I'll have it added either tonight or tomorrow. Also Red Robin can I get a post from ya soon?

Okay. I didn't really like my last app for the Black Knight. More specifically the origin I came up with (didn't help that I couldn't come up with a sample). So I decided to revise my app with a new origin I think might work better. Even wrote the sample this time.

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play: Dane Whitman, the Black Knight

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?: No. This version of Dane Whitman will be more modern, as in no flying horses (as cool as they were), no squires that end up becomng villains... Just a badass with a sword. He'll also be more of a soldier.

The big question - Why this character?: Dane interests me, and he in the 616 is one of the classic members of the Avengers, and as such, I'd like to Ultimize him to have him join the Ultimates.

Brief background information of the character:

SHIELD has tried numerous ways to create the perfect soldier for the U.S. Government to build an army of... From serums to gamma rays, and even hi-tech suits of armor and Pym particles, they've tried and tried and tried their best to create a super soldier fit for them to control.

However, SHIELD wasn't the only organization created to create the perfect soldier...

There is yet another special organization dedicated to re-creating the super-soldier proccess used on Steve Rogers if not creating a new proccess altogether. The only difference? This one tries to accomplish this through arcane means.

An operation directed by Dr. Stephen Strange, an expert in the fields of magic and the paranormal, H.A.M.M.E.R., the High Authority Mystic and Magical Emergency Reaction, a division of the Government dedicated to defeating threats mystical and magical, has had no successes in their various attempts at using magic or mystic items to create a super soldier, until now.

Nathan Garrett, one of Strange's top agents in the field of recovering mystic artifacts, finally located an object of immense power. One that will fnally help them to create a super soldier: the Ebony Blade.

Enter Dane Whitman: a U.S. Marine that had been chosen by Strange and Garrett to wield the Blade, for he exceeded all the physical specifications they thought would be neccessary to weild it.

Once Strange convinced Whitman into grabbing hold of it's handle, the sword granted him a strength that rivaled the strongest of fighters, and he found himself sporting garb worn proudly by many a knight before him. He then took on the codename "Black Knight" and has since become one of SWORD's top agents.

Currently, he has caught the (only) eye of a certain director of SHIELD to join his team of Government sanctioned superheroes...

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: The Ebony Blade grants Dane enhanced strength and agility on par with Captain America. The sword itself is indestructible and can cut through any substance.

The sword, as long as he stays in contact with it, heals him of any physical injury with speed comparable to Wolverine's healing factor.

Due to the Ebony Blades's mystic nature, it allows Dane to summon powerful magics by thought alone for things such as teleportation or to fire bolts of arcane energy from the sword's blade.

Dane is also a skilled hand to hand combatant from his time as a marine. His more predominate martial art being kickboxing.

What can you bring to this game?: MORE ULTIMATES!

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Black Century Gothic Bold

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: as many as needed

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards:

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog:

"How ready is he, Strange?"

From his office in the top levels of the HAMMER base known as "The Sanctorum", Dr. Stephen Strange watched as his top agent, Dane Whitman: Codename "Black Knight" was engaging in his regular excercises in their elite training room, The "Eye".

"I'd say that he's just about ready. Eager to steal him away already eh, Nicky?"

"Considering what's been going down lately, I'm going to need to increase the ranks of the Ultimates sooner rather than later, Stephen. Not to mention it's a matter of Nat--"

"National Security blah blah blah... I know, Nick. I was merely yanking your chain. I'll tell him to report to the Triskelion as soon as possible."

"Yeah. And don't try and pull anything, Strange... Or I swear--"

"Never do, Nick."

Just as Dane's Ebony Blade had finish slicing through one of the last training drones, the Doctor's voice boomed over the microphone.

"Agent Whitman. General Fury of SHIELD gave me orders to have you report to the Triskelion immediately."

After Strange finished speaking, the Knight placed his sword gently on his shoulder as he sighed. As much as he didn't want to leave HAMMER, he couldn't disobey a person like Nick Fury. So he figured he didn't have a choice.

"Well... it was fun while it lasted." He mumbled as he sheathed the Ebony Blade and made his way for the nearest Sanctorum exit.

Last edited:
Alright... got something up there and it looks like its getting back on track...

Screen Name: absonic93

Character you would like to play: Hank Pym "Giant Man"

Has this character appeared in the Ultimate comic books? If not, how will you 'Ultimatize' him or her?:Yes, introduced in Ultimates #1-13. Off the team for X-men: Ultimate War.

Is the character a hero, a villain, or walking the line?: Walking the Line. He's not affiliated with anything at the moment.

The big question - Why this character?: He's always been a favorite of mine, and it'll be fun to explore his fate without having Ultimates 2 in the future.

Brief background information of the character: Hank is a brilliant, but mentally fragile scientist. After experimenting on the blood of his wife Janet Pym (The Wasp), Hank was able to develop the Giant Man serum which allowed him to grow to 59 feet and 11 inches. The same research later allowed him to become Ant-Man, in which he would use his cybernetic helmet to manipulate ants at a reduced height.

Hank has always been prone to domestic violence. He has had several moments of abuse of Janet, eventually leading him to be kicked off the Ultimates.

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment: Able to perform a height multiplication to 59 feet and 11 inches due to an injected serum of his own invention and design. Very intelligent, but potentially mentally unstable.

What can you bring to this game?: An intriguing and deep storyline about a man who doesn't feel adequate in his life.

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out): Hank Pym - Franklin Gothic Medium (Bolded)

How many times per week do you plan on posting?: As many as needed to contribute to the story.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! boards: Yes I do

"Weeks ago I had felt at the top of the world. It was great, I mean I was part of a superhuman team operated by the United States. How much cooler can you get?"

Hank Pym shifted in the old flower-patterned chair, careful not to hit his injured arm. Though the pain could be intense if positioned incorrectly, Hank found that his wounds from Steve Rogers, or Captain America as the country recognizes him, were beginning to heal.

His daily energy was increasing, and he didn't continuously have to rely on his Aunt Grace to grab things for him in the kitchen.

"Then it all came crumbling down. Here I am in Wisconsin, hiding my face because I'm too ashamed to show it. I should be ashamed to show it after what I did - who I hurt. I lost Jan because I'm a stupid jackass. She was right on the phone. What she said, I mean you heard it."

Hank slowly placed the phone down on the wooden coffee table. Janet had treated him justly in their conversation.

"I don't know the meaning of the word civilized. I'm a disgrace, Giant Man was a failure. My marriage was a failure. I'm a failure."

The cat purred as it brushed against Hank's leg.

He reached down and petted it as it's tail stretched out in joy.

"Yeah, thanks for the pity cat, but that's not going to help me now."

Blacklight and Absonic are both approved. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"