Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten bucks says it's Mandarin armor. ;)

I hope not. That would seem like they cheaped out by giving him one of IM's spare armours because they didn't have the budget to create something different.

I don't really want an armour vs armour fight between the two at the end anyway.

I hope not. That would seem like they cheaped out by giving him one of IM's spare armours because they didn't have the budget to create something different.

I don't really want an armour vs armour fight between the two at the end anyway.

Me neither. But we've seen how Marvel animated has reduced Mandarin to yet another armored foe for Tony to hammer. Just sayin'.

Wonder what the two in the back are
hasbroim3minimugs1.jpg

3rd one looks like a Hammerdrone.
Air_Drones.jpg

3rd one looks like a Hammerdrone.
Air_Drones.jpg

You're probably right.
The Muggs all use the same size and shape, so there's no real differential there. In which case that one above I was calling "Mandarin armor" is probably just meant to represent Ironmonger.

Oh the toys, making us theorize since the birth of the internet!

I'm very curious to see how faithful Marvel will maintain the overall look of The Mandarin and his armor.

They did an impressive job with Red Skull & Loki, let hope they do the same with The Mandarin. I wasn't completely satisfied with the look of Whiplash (since he didn't don his armor until the end and his faceplate wasn't on through the fight.) in IM2 and Iron Monger basically was just a bigger version the Mark I.

Ivan_Vanko_(Earth-616)_in_Whiplash_MK_II_001.JPG

So I hope that since The Mandarin is Iron Man's number one arch-nemesis, he get same faithful visual source material treatment that Red Skull got in Captain America and Loki got in Thor & The Avengers.

Last edited:
Me neither. But we've seen how Marvel animated has reduced Mandarin to yet another armored foe for Tony to hammer. Just sayin'.

Uh...Mandarin wore armor back in the Acts of Vengeance storyline. In the comics. Over 20 years ago.

I prefer him wearing some kind of armor over just being in a business suit like the current comics have him.

Cool. Tyler's a pretty solid composer. Of course this means Iron Man will now have three different themes in three different movies. :oldrazz:

4 different themes. Don't forget his awesome theme in The Avengers. It's my favorite one so far, even though it's only a few seconds long. Starts at 0:25 of the vid.

[YT]7FGCLRbdoto[/YT]

Again at 1:35 of this one:

[YT]3ULFUcb2rPA[/YT]

Last edited:
Ugh. There are very, very few things in the MCU that I dislike...but Whiplash's final armor is definitely one of them. Just so bland and terrible...

I thought it looked pretty awesome, it's just too bad he went out like such a chump and didn't get a better fight at the end.

lol sounds like War Machine will already be wearing the Iron Patriot armor in the comics, at the launch of this new Secret Avengers book

RIP silver and black War Machine armor

Ugh. There are very, very few things in the MCU that I dislike...but Whiplash's final armor is definitely one of them. Just so bland and terrible...

Should've been in red to look like Crimson Dynamo. I suppose the reason they avoided red though is so that it wouldn't clash with Iron Man's colour scheme. That made "Whiplash" in to a very generic villain in armour. He didn't look distinctive at all.

4 different themes. Don't forget his awesome theme in The Avengers. It's my favorite one so far, even though it's only a few seconds long. Starts at 0:25 of the vid.

[YT]7FGCLRbdoto[/YT]

The scene is already in my mind when I hear that theme.

Tony Stark: You're good on this end. The rest is up to you.
Pepper Potts: [on the other line] You disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid?
Tony Stark: Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy.
Pepper Potts: Wow. So maybe our reactor takes over and it actually works?
Tony Stark: I assume. Light her up.
[as Iron Man flies to the Stark Tower building, the power is switched on and the Stark sign lights up]
Pepper Potts: How does it look?
Tony Stark: Like Christmas, but with more... *me.*

lol sounds like War Machine will already be wearing the Iron Patriot armor in the comics, at the launch of this new Secret Avengers book

RIP silver and black War Machine armor

tumblr_mbrd4txwOZ1qikyqso1_500.jpg

This sight is not pleasing to my eyes...

tumblr_mbrd4txwOZ1qikyqso1_500.jpg

This sight is not pleasing to my eyes...

What's with the stupid rectangular shaped arc reactor-chest-hole-unibeam-thing on Warmachines armor. It looks kinda lame what with the star painted on top.

Tell me they'll use CGI in post to make that thing circular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"