The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

Anyone think Russia might have pushed Iran and Hezbollah to do this? We know that Iran and Russia are working together against Ukraine and that Iran controls Hezbollah. Maybe this is an attempt to distract us from Ukraine.

No, I don't think the decades of Israel being an apartheid state and the violent occupation of the Palestinian people has anything to do with Russia.

Maybe there is more to it than that.

The timing is not entirely coincidental IMO but I doubt Russia had a lot of influence either. Wars tend to be infectious and spread over time.

These two have been at war since 1967. This is just another flare between people who will never reconcile. Ugly humanity at its worst.

I worry that the retaliation is going to be bad. Real bad.

Netanyahu has already said they’re cutting off electricity to Gaza, which is an absolute death sentence.

This could be as bad as Ukraine. :(

This is exactly what far right leaders in Isreal want. Now they can unify Isreal behind a war effort with local dissidents being viewed as unpatriotic.

With Ukraine, the bad guy is a little more defined than here. I can forsee an ending there. In Isreal I don't see an end at all, just an ebb and flow of hostilities.

CNN - US still seeking to determine Iran’s connection to Israel attack

September 2023:

Last edited:

Israel supports Ukraine and Europe so Russia/Iran wants to go to war against Israel, first using their proxies like Hamas.

September 2023:

March 2023:

Last edited:
Everyone picking sides. It's like we want World War III. :(

Last edited:
With Ukraine, the bad guy is a little more defined than here. I can forsee an ending there. In Isreal I don't see an end at all, just an ebb and flow of hostilities.
Yeah, like in the last 12 hours i have seen people support one or the other being called the worst human beings ever.
With Ukraine you know that Russia is the clear bad guy here, even with all the lies and stuff.

But here...im personally so out of my depth on this that i dont even know how to react to it.
Like, i saw people getting torn apart for saying something as basic as "I just want everyone to be save and unharmed".

And if that is the case, a ending of the conflict is so very far away, farther than the Ukraine War.

Yeah, like in the last 12 hours i have seen people support one or the other being called the worst human beings ever.
With Ukraine you know that Russia is the clear bad guy here, even with all the lies and stuff.

But here...im personally so out of my depth on this that i dont even know how to react to it.
Like, i saw people getting torn apart for saying something as basic as "I just want everyone to be save and unharmed".

And if that is the case, a ending of the conflict is so very far away, farther than the Ukraine War.
It really is, they've been at this since 1967 with atrocities on both sides. I tend to favor the Palestinians mainly because the Jewish rhetoric is they were promised the land by God and everyone else should just leave. But the Palestinians have been there since the Exile really, way before Jesus so I don't see why they can't just share. I don't know. It's so complicated I don't see a solution which is why they've been fighting for so long with no end in sight.

It really is, they've been at this since 1967 with atrocities on both sides. I tend to favor the Palestinians mainly because the Jewish rhetoric is they were promised the land by God and everyone else should just leave. But the Palestinians have been there since the Exile really, way before Jesus so I don't see why they can't just share. I don't know. It's so complicated I don't see a solution which is why they've been fighting for so long with no end in sight.
I've understood this disccusion about the first one in that land is a chicken-egg discussion, since both communities were there even before they have their current names.

Honestly, both believe they have absolute right to the land.

I've understood this disccusion about the first one in that land is a chicken-egg discussion, since both communities were there even before they have their current names.

Honestly, both believe they have absolute right to the land.
Exactly. When both sides fight for their perceived homeland, there's little room for compromise. :(

Can anyone tell me what could be accomplished by declaring war?

Aside from justification for more atrocities and land acquisition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"