The Joker Thread - Part 1

I like the idea of going all the way with the silent film influence right down to the way he dresses but at the same time I'd really like for The Joker to slightly pop in this universe. Warm yet faded colors, Kramer shirts, stuff like that.

Ok guys I’ve been trying to stay quiet for as long as I could but your passion and stimulating conversations have inspired me...

I am Matt Reeves and I found a way for us to incorporate all of your different ideas into the tiny cameo we did for Joker. You’re all going to be very happy or really pissed off.

:hehe:

Also full disclosure I don't even think we're going to see Joker in this one but fun to ponder what's down the road.

I like the idea of going all the way with the silent film influence right down to the way he dresses but at the same time I'd really like for The Joker to slightly pop in this universe. Warm yet faded colors, Kramer shirts, stuff like that.

We know, Andy, ya don't got to keep telling us. :yay:

Would you guys like Ledger's Joker more or less, were he styled closer to the traditional design of the comics.

That's a tough one because his performance kind of fit his attire. If you put him in Jack Nicholson Joker suits his attire would be flashier than him, a mismatch if you will.

David-Bowie1.jpg

Still on the Bowie train for inspiration with slightly oversized suits, hair brushed back and even some incognito disguises like whatever is going on in the top left corner.

Would you guys like Ledger's Joker more or less, were he styled closer to the traditional design of the comics.
Maybe less, because if he looked more classic then you'd probably expect Joker Venom, more flamboyant mannerisms, stuff like that, which is what Heath's version as it is clearly lacked (which isn't entirely a bad thing).

The idea of him also wearing larger false teeth (in spirit of The Red Dragon/Tooth Fairy) also is a promising idea.

YES! Him putting fake chompers in to bite into someone and rip their lips off into a "smile" in this outfit

1620317-joker.gif

Concept art did have him with the shorter hair and all. I do kinda wish we had that look, ngl. But the look that was ultimately in TDK complimented the performance, so I can't be too mad.

Since, Riddler is inspired by The Zodiac, I’ve been trying to figure out which serial killer/spree killer Joker could be inspired by.

Be hilarious if Joker only had a couple of cameos in the entire trilogy, with prison gear on. All this wardrobe talk :funny:

Anyone see the new Joker in the Earth One book? The hair is...interesting.

Spoilers for Earth One Vol. 3

sggoip8lcc471.jpg

I was thinking BTK. Make his face look like a mask.

svcykdnuijq11.jpg

That'd be an interesting route to take. If they did maybe a mask with the Joker grin only covering the bottom half of his face so you still get some emotion from from his eyes and brows. Not that I'd be particularly down for it, but at some point the mask comes off and that's when you see the Joker's actual hideous smile.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-10-at-1-19-17-PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"