Justice League The Justice League Critic Reviews/Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about legs though.

WW showed good word of mouth - starting with a smaller opening weekend, but building to a similar amount (something like an unheard of 4x multiplier). BvS had a huge opening weekend, showing the hype and anticipation and then dropped like a lead balloon once word of mouth spread.

Suicide Squad's run is a little bit inexplicable.

Which is kinda my point. There's just no objective way to measure the quality of a movie. We can know what's popular and know the opinions of people, but any evaluation method we could set will always have exceptions.

Yeah Suicide Squad is one that I think can claim general audiences liked it better than critics, based on its performance. I personally think its the worst of the lot, but to each their own.

I heard SS did quite well overseas.

I don't know why people comparing the critic reviews from Marvel to DC, Marvel movies aren't comic book movies, there comedy movies featuring comic book characters.

Nobody reads a graphic novel and laughs as much as they do watching a marvel film with the exception of deadpool, they are well written MTV skits.

i don't know why people comparing the critic reviews from marvel to dc, marvel movies aren't comic book movies, there comedy movies featuring comic book characters.

Nobody reads a graphic novel and laughs as much as they do watching a marvel film with the exception of deadpool, they are well written mtv skits.

qft

[YT]-Y09Xej7vlk[/YT]

I don't know why people comparing the critic reviews from Marvel to DC, Marvel movies aren't comic book movies, there comedy movies featuring comic book characters.

Nobody reads a graphic novel and laughs as much as they do watching a marvel film with the exception of deadpool, they are well written MTV skits.

What is this nonsense?
Comic books and graphic novels come in every genre...
Being po-faced is not the same as being serious, I would argue that Ragnarok was a vastly more "serious" movie than anything in the DCEU.

IGN Gave it a 7/10

Gamespot didn’t score it but gave it a pretty positive review

I heard SS did quite well overseas.
It did, but it also did quite well here. Had over a 2.4 multiplier I believe, which is decent for blockbusters with huge openings. People just...liked it, I guess. The lack of competition in August helped I'm sure, though.

What is this nonsense?
Comic books and graphic novels come in every genre...
Being po-faced is not the same as being serious, I would argue that Ragnarok was a vastly more "serious" movie than anything in the DCEU.

lol Ragnarok was not serious at all. "Asgard is not a place..." yada yada. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun movie, but don't act like the plot wasn't silly and the cgi wasn't completely obvious(as it is in nearly every comic film). Whatevs.

lol Ragnarok was not serious at all. "Asgard is not a place..." yada yada. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun movie, but don't act like the plot wasn't silly and the cgi wasn't completely obvious(as it is in nearly every comic film). Whatevs.

Serious movie is not a good movie make. See: BVS.

Like BvS isn't silly?
Ragnarok goes with it, wonderfully.
Martha? Not so much, tone deafness is a real drag.

Mind that Superman disguises himself with a pair of glasses, that's the source material, that's also true in BvS (the only good thing there).
I question how much the people who like BvS really like, know or understand superhero comic books and graphic novels.
Nothing wrong with that or with liking BvS, just accept the majority of fans and the general audience have a different opinion and they also are not wrong.

This is a ridiculous statement. Marvel movies are some of the best comic book films in the genre. There are many with a comedic element to them, many also that have a more serious tone. I enjoy films from both companies and feel they have all shown the best and worst of the CBM genre at various times.

If the worse thing you can say about a franchise is "too much comedy" then it's a pretty damn good franchise.

The director of Ragnarok legit said it was a comedy, they are reviewed as Comedies.

I don't think "seriousness" plays into it, and again you are comparing Ragnarok to B vs S, they are two completely different tonal movies so expectations are different. That's not rocket science, are there tonally better movies that have a same approach as BvsS, yes, but comparing them to Marvel films and the reviews that critics give.

Serious movie is not a good movie make. See: BVS.

Didn't say that it did. I had high hopes for Ragnarok, but left pretty underwhelmed. With as great as the reviews were, I just figured there was more to it than a bunch of jokes.

So was it a 48% on RT? The estimate. Any updates? Wouldn't make sense to me. This movie already seems to have way more positive reception than either MOS or BvS combined. 55% wouldn't seem right either, which was the score for MOS. So I would expect it to be higher.

Snyder simply hasn’t give us any of that, he looks at comic books and says “ill recreate this panel on the big screen and it’ll be totally awesome”, beyond that he’s not even getting the basics right, and his determination to make everything. dark and everyone tortured just flies in the face of what a lot of these characters are about. That’s the reason the GA never get on the board, and that’s the reason the films get bad reviews from anyone who isn’t a Snyder fan or in some cases a big DC fan. Even a huge bunch of DC fans hate it, me being one of them.

Well said. Snyder reminds me of a friend I used to have who loved comicbooks, or more accurately loved LOOKING at them but never bothered to actually read the stories, he pretty much looked at the art work and made up his own stories! It was both fascinating and infuriating.

Snyder once said that he didn't want Batman and Superman to say more than 3-4 lines to each because, and I paraphrase, two guys in costumes talking to each is just too silly!!! That is a prime example of talking one's self too seriously but not the material and that's the guy WB gave the DCU keys to! Hence it's very easy to understand why Snyder's DC movies have failed with the critics and underwhelmed with the audiences.

I remember once upon a time Zack Snyder was a very competent film maker and I really enjoyed his first 4 movies but then he got given free reign and we got sucker punch and the wheels came off and now I view his career as a train wreck.
He seems like a good guy who (once upon a time) had talent so I really hope he steps away from the superhero genre a goes back to basics just like Shaymalan did and maybe we'll see that talented film maker again that impressed the hell out of me with his DOTD remake.

Didn't say that it did. I had high hopes for Ragnarok, but left pretty underwhelmed. With as great as the reviews were, I just figured there was more to it than a bunch of jokes.

There were, which is why it's so well recieved.

Just because you can't see it doesn't it isn't there.

The "just a bunch of jokes" and "too much comedy" angles you guys are coming with is as bland and predictable as the movies you try to defend.

Atleast make this interesting.

There were, which is why it's so well recieved.

Just because you can't see it doesn't it isn't there.

The scene with the Valkryies was pretty cool I thought, reminded me of that story time scene with young Diana. I also thought the attempt at bringing back the 90s retro video game era was pretty creative, albeit strange for Thor as a typically more medieval property. It definitely looked better than it sounded (I'm not much for 90s arcade music and a lot of it sounded like that) I liked how they developed Thor as a character in that movie, but not what they did with the Hulk and his alter ego. But the ending just rubbed me the wrong way. Lots of stuff wrong with just the idea of how they ended that film, but I won't get into it here.

"Too many jokes" might be the laziest criticism I've ever heard in my life.

The director of Ragnarok legit said it was a comedy, they are reviewed as Comedies.

I don't think "seriousness" plays into it, and again you are comparing Ragnarok to B vs S, they are two completely different tonal movies so expectations are different. That's not rocket science, are there tonally better movies that have a same approach as BvsS, yes, but comparing them to Marvel films and the reviews that critics give.

And what is BvS reviewed as?
They all are superhero movies, same level of silliness, except when they become ridiculous.
That's when critics savage them, again, nothing wrong in feeling different but it's not because anyone is not getting it.

By the same line of thought, whoever doesn't agree with critics may be not getting it.
Can't we agree that not everything is or has to be for everyone?
Afterwards we could even argue every minutie, but let's clear the basics here, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"