The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shnepp said George Miller was directing Man of Steel 2 as well, only for that to be debunked not long thereafter he went on Collider and dropped that bombshell. Not putting stock into these stories anymore until things are concrete. Things are way too out of hand on the scoop business in Hollywood these days, especially CBM's. It's pointless to buy into anything anymore, good or bad.
Right. At this point, we just need to see where we're at once Justice League is out. Assuming there is any truth to any of this (Affleck out, Johns/Berg out), we're not hearing about it until 2018. Almost an entire year. No sense in stressing about it.

Last edited:
He was the producer for BvS but Wonder Woman will be the first DCEU movie to be released that he has some type of creative stamp on it and it hasn't been released yet. Johns hasn't seen the results of DCEU movies with his involvement and he's already out. That doesn't make any sense at all.

This!

Watching the video now. Yeah, he flat out says that he's theorizing about the Flashpoint ending. He didn't try to pass it off as news at all.

Not sure where he's getting the Batman trilogy bit. He just threw it out there as if it was common knowledge. He also made it sound like Matt Vaughn is confirmed for MoS2.

Frosty, the dude from Slash film, Campea-- are all still regurgitating that Affleck is leaving. Schnepp is just following their "scoop".

Berg & G Johns are not going to be moving. The only thing that I see likely to change is the post Wonder Woman & Justice League universe, adopting probably along the line of the comic series DC Rebirth.

Yes that I can see happening.

Not happening...they've all ready announced a batgirl and nightwing movie, and that's because Batfleck is so well liked.

Disagree, Nightwing may get a film because he's an extremely popular character while Batgirl may get a film because Joss Weadon told WB that he'd do a movie for them if it's batgirl.
Ofcourse non of that takes away from the fact that Affleck is very well liked and respected by WB.

Agree to disagree. People want to see THIS batman's family. Plain and simple.

And tomorrow Schnepp will start crying about how he 'never said it was fact" and cry that people quoted him. Collider is turning into the video version of clickbait.

If he had said they were setting up JL2 to be Flashpoint then I would buy it...but you dont have the producers at cinemacon (and Johns was at Wondercon too) if they are not the producers going forward. You dont have Affleck at cinemacon (he serves no purpose) if he is done after Justice League.

Ben Affleck is contractually obligated to promote the movie so yes you do have him out promoting the movie regardless if he stays on.

Listen I don't know if Affleck is out or not but I'm not ruling it out because everybody thought that he was going to direct until...surprise he wasn't going to.

Last edited:
He has sources. He's an established filmmaker.

Oh bull$#!%. He talks out of his butt and has ridiculous theories most of the time. I like him, but he still insists Marvel's phase 4 is all about the Fantastic Four.

So they've only been in charge a year and the results of that work haven't even been seen -- with Wonder Woman looking good -- but they're already out? Why?

EXACTLY. Thank you.

Ben Affleck is contractually obligated to promote the movie so yes you do have him out promoting the movie regardless if he stays on.

Listen I don't know if Affleck is out or not but I'm not ruling it out because everybody thought that he was going to direct until...surprise he wasn't going to.

I didnt say he wouldnt be promoting...but he didnt need to be at Cinemacon hell a lot of people were surprised when they heard it. This isnt SDCC his appearance there doesnt change anything either way. (especially since real marketing for the movie hasnt started yet...they have had 1 trailer)

I am not even saying whether I think Affleck will be around post The Batman but Schnepp is full of crap and his little hunch makes zero sense.

People disliked the Flash's cameo for a variety of reasons, none of which have to do with it being hard sci-fi and everything to do with how it was clumsily inserted into the film.

This.

I'll be honest, if I hadnt known about Ezra Miller playing Flash and following the rumors of him being in BvS i'd have been like "who in the Hell is that?" during his cameo.

I'll be honest, if I hadnt known about Ezra Miller playing Flash and following the rumors of him being in BvS i'd have been like "who in the Hell is that?" during his cameo.

Same here.

Watching the video now. Yeah, he flat out says that he's theorizing about the Flashpoint ending. He didn't try to pass it off as news at all.

Not sure where he's getting the Batman trilogy bit. He just threw it out there as if it was common knowledge. He also made it sound like Matt Vaughn is confirmed for MoS2.

Did he theorize Berg and Johns are out as well?

Frosty, the dude from Slash film, Campea-- are all still regurgitating that Affleck is leaving. Schnepp is just following their "scoop".

In the CC video of Frosty and the other guy recorded last week, Frosty said "it's too early to tell" and the other guy said he bet $100 that Ben's leaving.

And tomorrow Schnepp will start crying about how he 'never said it was fact" and cry that people quoted him. Collider is turning into the video version of clickbait.

If he had said they were setting up JL2 to be Flashpoint then I would buy it...but you dont have the producers at cinemacon (and Johns was at Wondercon too) if they are not the producers going forward. You dont have Affleck at cinemacon (he serves no purpose) if he is done after Justice League.

He never said it was a fact. It was a mix of speculation and inside knowledge, at least it felt that way to me.

Yeah, that was kinda a strange way to present that scene, that assumes the viewer is bringing in a lot of outside knowledge. Not to mention it's right after the Knightmare, which can also be quite confusing with the way it was edited into the film. I bought my girlfriend to see the movie, who knew absolutely nothing going in, and she was completely lost, I just had to whisper "That's The Flash, I'll explain it later." To which, she probably thought "Who is the Flash? Whatever, I don't care, I'm gonna get you back for this when the next movie based on a Nicholas Sparks book comes out."

I dont know why people keep taking Schnepp's word as fact. You guys have already said it, 99% of the time he's just theorizing based on his sweaty hopes.

He says these things so casually as well (as in you should know not to take it as fact) which is why I dont know how everyone keeps falling for it. But in everyones defense he does outright say his crap as fact. Never "I think" blah blah is directing this or that. Just blah blah is directing this or that.

He gets too comfortable on Collider Heroes.

Well, technically they could just have Nightwing take up the mantle. Just kill Bruce (or have him retire?).

So, you get a younger Batman and keep the rest of the universe intact. No need for a Flashpoint type reboot.

But, all of this is mere speculation at this point. Let's see what WB does at Comic Con!

Yeah, that was kinda a strange way to present that scene, that assumes the viewer is bringing in a lot of outside knowledge. Not to mention it's right after the Knightmare, which can also be quite confusing with the way it was edited into the film. I bought my girlfriend to see the movie, who knew absolutely nothing going in, and she was completely lost, I just had to whisper "That's The Flash, I'll explain it later." To which, she probably thought "Who is the Flash? Whatever, I don't care, I'm gonna get you back for this when the next movie based on a Nicholas Sparks book comes out."

The thing is...from a story standpoint in BVS, you don't need to know that's specifically The Flash for the concept of him showing up to confront Bruce to work, anymore than you really need to know the underwater guy is called "Aquaman" for the concept of Bruce and Diana finding about "others" to make sense. You literally just need to experience what Bruce is...a strange, metahuman visitor with a dire warning and call to action.

It's a mystery for Bruce himself...why can't it be something of a mystery for the audience?

How does not knowing that this character is called "The Flash" invalidate the moment itself?

The thing is...from a story standpoint in BVS, you don't need to know that's specifically The Flash for the concept of him showing up to confront Bruce to work, anymore than you really need to know the underwater guy is called "Aquaman" for the concept of Bruce and Diana finding about "others" to make sense. You literally just need to experience what Bruce is...a strange, metahuman visitor with a dire warning and call to action.

It's a mystery for Bruce himself...why can't it be something of a mystery for the audience?

Okay, that's a very fair point that I never considered! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"