The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's still clumsily inserted, but I don't think there's a way NOT to have something like what happens there to feel "clumsy". I guess they could refrain from presenting it as a "dream within a dream", but I think that's sort of the point of the overall experience for Bruce. He's not sure whether it's real at first, and that's how Affleck plays it. Then he discovers the metas are out there.

I mean, it's still clumsily inserted, but I don't think there's a way NOT to have something like what happens there to feel "clumsy". I guess they could refrain from presenting it as a "dream within a dream", but I think that's sort of the point of the overall experience for Bruce. He's not sure whether it's real at first, and that's how Affleck plays it. Then he discovers the metas are out there.

To me, it's the sorta thing we see all the time on TV. Shows like Legion, like Hannibal, like Taboo have a lot of bizarre and mind-f****** imagery that doesn't make sense at first. But we sorta accept that in an episodic format, because we know it'll be paid off later. We know when the next ep is coming. We immediately get a preview for it. And we know exactly how long it'll be in terms of the episode length and the length of the season itself.

That type of thing is a lot newer and harder to pull off with films, as people still expect them to be standalone in a way. They're to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. So BvS is really this 3 hour episode. And you have to wait a few months for the next one, but it ends up being kind of a shorter filler about some other group. So then you gotta wait almost another year for the next ep, except that one is a flashback. Then finally, three eps later, you maybe get a bit of payoff. But truthfully, it won't all make sense until the finale. I don't think JL is the finale for this season of the DCEU. With this slate, it's hard to tell what is though. And as a viewer, that's an understandably frustrating thing to behold.

If I had to guess, I think WB will stay the course. None of this Flashpoint business. Not now at least. I think things will obviously brighten up, but I don't see them basically retconning a few films in. If anything, we'll see more of the Knightmare world and maybe how it started. I'm gonna guess that things were probably much happier and more hopeful at the onset before it all took a hard left. That world will just be the inverse of the DCEU as we currently know it, with things starting dark and gradually getting better. We'll probably see it in a Flash solo.

To me, that's how you payoff everything and give the fans what they want, without having to apologize for all of the work you've already put in.

I'm not seeing where Frosty Weintraub talked about Affleck leaving recently.

If I had to guess, I think WB will stay the course. None of this Flashpoint business. Not now at least. I think things will obviously brighten up, but I don't see them basically retconning a few films in.

I think Flashpoint was a great comics event and it would be cool to see it faithfully presented on the big screen at some point - but no, not yet.

Last edited:
The thang about Batfleck leaving is that they (mostly collider ppl) cant for sure tell you straight up. ''Well, if WW and JL are a hit then who knows? etc.'' blah blah, if Ben is leaving then he is gone, and not waiting for those receipts.

Have the balls to say out there in a column and publish it, do not dance around it, if you are that confident. They are only stirring the pot, if they cant back it up by officially putting it out there.

''Well, take this with a grain of salt'' type isssh. Ya'll sure as hell always talk about it like its legit, then make it so and publish that article. Come on, Collider brehs. DO it.

He's doesn't have a writing credit on WW anymore? When did that happen? Source?

For what it's worth I just looked at WW's IMDb page and Johns isn't shown as a writer there.

He's doesn't have a writing credit on WW anymore? When did that happen? Source?

Curious about that too :huh:

I just assumed they wanted to distance themselves from him being attached to it that much. With all the crazy backlash he has gotten from BvS.
Huh...

*Edit...Nevermind, he's still listed on IMDB as (Story By)...I know they change that frequently, I just looked at it a few days ago, and it said something different for him oh well :)

Last edited:
''Well, take this with a grain of salt'' type isssh. Ya'll sure as hell always talk about it like its legit, then make it so and publish that article. Come on, Collider brehs. DO it.

Exactly. I dont believe a word of their "scoops".

The guy from Variety seems to have the only direct line to DC/WB.
And that's who I was waiting to debunk the Matthew Vaughn is WB's top choice for MOS2 Collider report and he never did. I always wait on Twitter for the trade guys to comment. So I think there's some truth to that but most of the time I don't really listen to Colliders rumors.

Well, technically they could just have Nightwing take up the mantle. Just kill Bruce (or have him retire?).

So, you get a younger Batman and keep the rest of the universe intact. No need for a Flashpoint type reboot.

But, all of this is mere speculation at this point. Let's see what WB does at Comic Con!

"Nobody cares about Dick Grayson taking up the Batman(tle)"

Just like Peter Parker is Spider-Man and nobody outside of a couple fans gives a crap about Miles Morales, Bruce Wayne IS Batman. Nobody wants to see anything differently...unless you make a Batman Beyond movie and that probably would fail.

i believe Mark Hughes stated he got uncomfortable when people took his editorials and speculation as actual scoops.

If it were me looking for an in-universe reason to replace Batfleck, I'd use the Lazarus Pit to de-age him and cast a younger lookalike. Seems a lot cleaner than Flashpoint, which wouldn't even make sense as an explanation.

Not that I think he'll need replacing (I definitely hope not).

i believe Mark Hughes stated he got uncomfortable when people took his editorials and speculation as actual scoops.

He responded to some fan questions via tweets, and some sites quote it as scoops.

He stated that if he had solid evidence then he'd publish it in an article, and if there are speculations in the article he'd state it clearly as well.

He doesn't respond much fan questions on Twitter anymore, and it's all filled with politics. Looks like he's gonna be a crusader for 4 full years, bad for your health :oldrazz:

So Schnepp is becoming a video El Mayibe. Theorizing but wanting to be taken serious then cry wolf when it later turns out to be BS?

Think about this logically guys, we're about to get the very first Justice League movie about these heroes coming together.....and they're going to end that movie by retconning everything? A movie that has been said many many times to be acting as the rebirth/redemption movie for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman and them banding together. Its all going to be erased in the very first film? LMAO. Yeah. Ok. Then what the Hell would be the point of this movie in this first place?

There is no Flashpoint. There is 110% no Flashpoint going on in this. This is just what people who dont like the DCEU want.

There is no Flashpoint. There is 110% no Flashpoint going on in this. This is just what people who dont like the DCEU want.

Yup

Imagine Flash runs back and erases everything, and suddenly Bruce Wayne is played by, say, Jake Gyllenhaal, in the same movie, and the re-energized Superman is now, re-energized :o and the loving, humane Wondy (the one that was well received in BvS and possibly WW) is now...loving and humane?

The same folks who ridiculed the Knightmare sequence now expect GA to not go WTF is this s*** when they see Flashpoint in the first JL.

This is like WB telling them, hey, thanks for paying for this movie, where you just spent 2 hours watching something we don't even like, but we will take your money anyway, and don't forget to come back and pay for the next new post-Flashpoint DC movie :cwink:

I'm having flashbacks to the time when people were saying

"Are you crazy? This is Supermans 2nd appearance in the DCEU and they're gonna kill him off? never gonna happen"

Me? I'm gonna just wait for the movie to come out and won't write off a single thing. Been burned before.

I mean, I hated hearing that Superman was gonna die initially, saw the movie, still hated it. But in time I've come to accept/appreciate it. The same thing could happen here.

Someone needs to explain to me the difference between someone on this forum spit balling theories and someone on a video podcast doing the same thing. I don't get why some people are crapping on Schnepp, he's clearly just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"