The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good hint is, even if FOX's hastily put together reboot flops, the superhero team that spearheaded the Marvel age of comics won't be completely finished as a franchise, right? Or am I being completely and utterly naive?

It wouldn't be finished, but it'd be a good long while before another attempt was made: Fox likely wouldn't try again (3 strikes and all that), but I'd bet my left nut they would make Marvel wait until the next counter runs down fully before allowing the rights to go back (so pushing 8 years or so there) then Marvel would need to work in the FF with whatever they are doing with their MCU at that point (this would be around 2023 at least).

Even if Marvel got them back next year some time I'd expect at least 2 years for them to use them, likely placed sometime in their Phase III.

Ironically, Marvels 1st true characters, the ones that started it all (the older Timely ones Like Cap, Namor etc, were brought in later) could end up being the last they are able to bring to the screen themselves.

Based on the casting call and Feb. 10th start date, I think we're getting down to it.

By the middle of February, I think Fox will either be starting production or it won't be happening.

So the good news is I think we'll have clarity soon. The bad news is I think Fox may very well intend to do a "Fantastic Four" in which the FF are just 4 more mutants to add to their X-Men franchise.:csad:

And kids of today seeing this movie will just grow up thinking the FF are part of the X-Men. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"