The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 3

Awesome. It should be the Dvd cover.

eh, i dont know about that... sure it's a cool poster, but i think there are better pictures that could be used for the DVD cover

HEY GUYS... I´ve been here for a while following this great site but I've never presented myself... Thanks for being part of this wonderful... my username is Superman of steel.. whatever you guys need I'm here ;)

Went to the mall today and stopped at ***** to see if I could find the MOS Under Armor. Low and behold, there it was on its own display. Good timing, too since I'm starting my 2nd round of P90X Monday so this should give me the extra boost.

***** had a whole rack of different Superman Under Armor. They had the regular logo with a red shirt with a black "S"; a black shirt with a neon "S"; the classic royal blue and a grey shirt with a blue "S". They also had Superman hats on display, black hats with a black "S" logo along with Batman hats and a few Batman under armor as well.

I got an XL Man of Steel Under Armor priced at $60:

9102.png

Also stopped in my FYE and they had the Man of Steel, Henry Cavill cardboard cutout on sale for $15, originally $30 so I didn't pass that up. Have it in the corner of my bedroom as we speak. It's pretty big, my height, about 6'2 off the ground:

hre4.png

What's FYE I want one!!!

http://www.fye.com/?extId=FYEAFFILIATENETWORK

It's a great store, located in one of my nearby malls. Mostly a wide-range television/movies/music store but with a huge variety of licensing. They have gotten more and more geeky, too. They have action figures, belts, shirts, posters, you name it. I saw the NECA Man of Steel 13 inch figure there yesterday as well and awesome bobble-heads. I picked my fiance' up a Penny from the Big Bang Theory bobble-head and they had a General Zod and Superman one as well. Also all kinds of movie characters, television characters and comic book characters. They had sales all day but yeah, they sell the cardboard cutouts too. Good sales price. Jumped all over it. There were 2 left.

Went to the mall today and stopped at ***** to see if I could find the MOS Under Armor. Low and behold, there it was on its own display. Good timing, too since I'm starting my 2nd round of P90X Monday so this should give me the extra boost.

***** had a whole rack of different Superman Under Armor. They had the regular logo with a red shirt with a black "S"; a black shirt with a neon "S"; the classic royal blue and a grey shirt with a blue "S". They also had Superman hats on display, black hats with a black "S" logo along with Batman hats and a few Batman under armor as well.

I got an XL Man of Steel Under Armor priced at $60:

9102.png

Also stopped in my FYE and they had the Man of Steel, Henry Cavill cardboard cutout on sale for $15, originally $30 so I didn't pass that up. Have it in the corner of my bedroom as we speak. It's pretty big, my height, about 6'2 off the ground:

hre4.png

Cool looking gear...
I wish they would have done the full size cutout with the full movie shot, instead of p-chopping Henry's head onto the comic-book artist drawn body/suit.

I know its probably impossible trying to get the under armor MOS compressor shirt, but where should I look for it.

Check out your local Dickssportinggoods store. In mine, they had an entire displays worth of underarmor, both Man of Steel and different colored classic logo'd ones.

Theatrical poster just came in. Only $12 off of Ebay. Double-sided:

s1lh.jpg

Has anybody read the man of steel making of book, it has a forward by chris nolan?
It is similar to the dark knight rise book they brought out last year.
I'm thinking of getting it.

Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman was great, Batfreak.
It talks about the goals and the themes the filmmakers were working with when developing each of the major characters and locations. They talk about Superman, the Kents, the House of El, Zod, Krypton in general (there is a lot about Krypton), and the final clash between Superman and Zod.
I love it.

On another note: I'm interesting in picking up the Hot Toys Superman (MoS, obviously). The release date says Q1 2014. To those of you who have experience with Hot Toys: when is that really? Any time from January to March?
Also, who ought I order from?
Any word on the Hot Toys Zod release date?

Thanks in advance!

Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman was great, Batfreak.
It talks about the goals and the themes the filmmakers were working with when developing each of the major characters and locations. They talk about Superman, the Kents, the House of El, Zod, Krypton in general (there is a lot about Krypton), and the final clash between Superman and Zod.
I love it.

On another note: I'm interesting in picking up the Hot Toys Superman (MoS, obviously). The release date says Q1 2014. To those of you who have experience with Hot Toys: when is that really? Any time from January to March?
Also, who ought I order from?
Any word on the Hot Toys Zod release date?

Thanks in advance!

You can't go wrong with Hot Toys! With Hot Toys there may be delays in production since they are in Hong Kong which is why they give a Quarter release date to vendors.

If you are going to pre-order I would recommend sideshowcollectibles.com.

I order all my Hot Toys products through them and they even have monthly payment plans as well.

Hope that helps.

A friend saw this at her Walmart.... It's officially licensed by DC but looks like something you'd find in a flea market.
Has a very Routh head with the fanmade MOS \S/ and the classic Superman logo design on the tag.... Confusing as hell.

Check out your local Dickssportinggoods store. In mine, they had an entire displays worth of underarmor, both Man of Steel and different colored classic logo'd ones.

Theatrical poster just came in. Only $12 off of Ebay. Double-sided:

s1lh.jpg
Too bad it was folded and not rolled. No wonder you got it so cheap.

^ That Codex Skull looks really cool.

That said, I still have no idea why it was a skull... Maybe they'll try to spin it into Brainiac in the future movies?

FINALLY!

...and I'm disappointed...

They pretty much have what I wanted. The Command Key, the Command Key as a keychain and the Codex...and a cool ass ring that I'd probably buy. Can't say I'm disappointed. What more did you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"