The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this over on Toyark.com. Has anyone seen these in stores yet? And who is Namek?

Target-Exclusive-Man-of-Steel-5-Pack-1.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a Hot Toy Supes as well. It's gonna look spectacular.
Did you already order your Hot Toy? How much was it

Not yet, my friend. There was just a sneak-peek teaser a few days ago on the Supes and Jor-EL Hot Toys fig. I believe the pre-order may be in our near future here soon. Maybe a little after the movie release's. This will be my first Hot Toy so others may have a better answer to figure the pre-order or predict the release date itself whenever it may be:word:

Saw this over on Toyark.com. Has anyone seen these in stores yet? And who is Namek?

NICE. I want that mini-Jor-EL for sure. Namek showed up beside Zod in trailer #3. Big fella, more than likely the equivalent to Non via Superman II.

Picked up both variant covers of the New EMPIRE June issue Today after work. Minty fresh to boot from my local Barnes and Noble.

Ah yes. I've been hunting these. My nearest B&N is like, 40 min away so I need to get these two bad boiz. Trying to collect all the covers. I need those 2 and the Total Film's Superman & Lois Lane on the front. If not, off to ebay. I also want Cavill's first EW magazine when he was announced as Supes a couple years back with him crossing his arms and has a Superman shirt on underneath his jacket.

Not yet, my friend. There was just a sneak-peek teaser a few days ago on the Supes and Jor-EL Hot Toys fig. I believe the pre-order may be in our near future here soon. Maybe a little after the movie release's. This will be my first Hot Toy so others may have a better answer to figure the pre-order or predict the release date itself whenever it may be:word:

Same here. I saw the teaser and thought they looked good headless lol. Do you think his suit will be a cloth or something harder?

If you can get a UPC of DCPI number that would help greatly. Since the one users target put up some stuff I just called my two local ones, they asked me if there was anything particular I was looking for because its in the back room, with no set date to display it. Hottopic.com has all the man of steel shirts back in, the black man of steel and the Zod shirt, both are like $16, free shippig if over $25, remember though if you are close by the mall go order it in their store and you won't have to pay but $1 shipping.

I have it at home. It's intersting that the back shows the name Namek and not Nam-Ek. Still debating on opening it or leaving it boxed. I loved that the set was only 22.99

Same here. I saw the teaser and thought they looked good headless lol. Do you think his suit will be a cloth or something harder?

I believe it will be as movie accurate as possible. Hot Toys has a standard to even get a light leather-like body structure to emulate real skin texture and even texture of REAL leather of a sole on a shoe and real shoe strings(for example.) I expect the suite to have a rubbery like substance that the suite appears to have or however it may feel as a replica suite as if you'd wear it on your body itself.

Last edited:
Thing about Hot Toys is you have to have extreme patience as they take their time making these figures. A lot of their products get delayed because it takes so long to produce them. We will probably see the Man of Steel Hot Toys figures at SDCC this year and they will probably be up for pre-order in August or September. So they probably won't be out until sometime next summer if we're lucky.

Thing about Hot Toys is you have to have extreme patience as they take their time making these figures. A lot of their products get delayed because it takes so long to produce them. We will probably see the Man of Steel Hot Toys figures at SDCC this year and they will probably be up for pre-order in August or September. So they probably won't be out until sometime next summer if we're lucky.

well that will give me time to save some money then

Cool. As Kal-EL said, that will give me plenty of time to start a fund and take some moola out of my paycheck and by then I'll have plenty of money set aside for Cavill and Reeve's Hot Toys.

Namek? That's dragon ball z.

I believe it will be as movie accurate as possible. Hot Toys has a standard to even get a light leather-like body structure to emulate real skin texture and even texture of REAL leather of a sole on a shoe and real shoe strings(for example.) I expect the suite to have a rubbery like substance that the suite appears to have or however it may feel as a replica suite as if you'd wear it on your body itself.
Good to know. I never knew Hot Toys strived for that type of quality.

Did another round today to Toys R Us and two Walmarts. The Wallys are lost causes, very small Man of Steel sections.

TRU has the goods, I was hoping to stumble upon Faora or Armored Zod MMs (extremely wishful thinking) but they did re-stock the first three figures which is cool.

Managed to snag the official movie guide at Chapters today so today was a win. Also got my tickets to Thursday IMAX showing on June 13! Stoked!

IMAG0719-e1369351464305.jpg

IMAG0722-e1369351850824.jpg

Yup, Toys R Us is starting to stock it up. I stopped by mine after work and they were just beginning to put all their merchandise out. TRU definitely has more choices when it comes to toys and action figures, but the Wal-Marts have more variety of different types of items. The Wal-Marts around here have been wiped out of Movie Masters though, so I picked up some doubles to open up and the big 31' Superman.

As I said they were putting this stuff out as I walked in there so it seems the movie masters are in a case with 5 or 6 Superman, 2 Zod, and 1 Jor-El.

i hate that the basic figures capes are held in place by the plastic things like that, put a small hole in the cape just to keep it in place when the cape is already fed through the plastic holding the figure in place :/

If you can get a UPC of DCPI number that would help greatly. Since the one users target put up some stuff I just called my two local ones, they asked me if there was anything particular I was looking for because its in the back room, with no set date to display it. Hottopic.com has all the man of steel shirts back in, the black man of steel and the Zod shirt, both are like $16, free shippig if over $25, remember though if you are close by the mall go order it in their store and you won't have to pay but $1 shipping.

ask and you shall receive. 087061684
the quality is really bad even superman does not have his belt buckle painted like the single does

Isn't TRU charging 19.99 for their MM's?

And Target is now stocking? Any signs of MM's there??

Ah yes. I've been hunting these. My nearest B&N is like, 40 min away so I need to get these two bad boiz. Trying to collect all the covers. I need those 2 and the Total Film's Superman & Lois Lane on the front. If not, off to ebay. I also want Cavill's first EW magazine when he was announced as Supes a couple years back with him crossing his arms and has a Superman shirt on underneath his jacket.

I've been collecting Empire mags since Begins came out and figured out when they get their film magazine shipment which is usually every other Tuesday. I also have the Total film Supes cover but not the first EW cover.

I ordered this bad boy off of Hottopic.com with 2 day shipping and it arrived just in time for Phoenix Comicon!!! I also picked up the Zod shirt from the store as well.

I ordered this bad boy off of Hottopic.com with 2 day shipping and it arrived just in time for Phoenix Comicon!!! I also picked up the Zod shirt from the store as well.

That's the one I want. I'm afraid my HT won't have my size. Will check soon. Got the Abs t-shirt at Wal-Mart, but I want this one for the premier.

saw it in Hot Topic, but not in my size

saw it in Hot Topic, but not in my size

Exactly what happened to me. Went to my local Hot Topic and of course they only had Extra Small, small and medium :huh:

I'm an Extra Large so of course those are the first sizes to sell out along with Large. Went online to Hottopic.com and they had all sizes available. It was super easy.

I recommend checking out the website and the shipping was super fast with the 2 day. Arrived earlier then expected.

Good call, MITN. In fact, I took your advice. I'm not messing around anymore with my local HT. I went there 3 times already and they didn't have my size so I went ahead and put in my order on their website.:word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"