The Multiversers: Unlimited RPG Sign Up thread

You need two of the three GMs to accept you.

Just out of curiosity, was it ever decided if I would be used as an assistant to Richards?

The Question said:
Well, now we're only talking about two particular Sith: Palatine and Vader. Yes, Palpatine was a horribly corrupt and power hungry despot, and Vader was his unerringly loyal, cold, ruthless enforcer with serious anger issues. But that came from them, not the philosophies of the Sith.

Not to be snooty, but where else would I base my statement? There are only four Sith ever seen in the Star Wars saga (five if you count Grievous, six if you count what's-her-face from Clone Wars), and they're all pretty nonchalant about killing people. It's possible that there were more relaxed Sith out there, but there's no evidence of it (at least, not in the movies, which are the only things that Lucas counts as canon).

Anyway, let's save the rest of this argument for when we get to the SW mission. Right now we've got a whole other argument to worry about: the morality (or lack thereof) of totally screwing up Bruce's life just so he can be a crime-fighter. Also, whether or not Torchwood is accepted into the game.

Andy C. said:
Anyway, let's save the rest of this argument for when we get to the SW mission. Right now we've got a whole other argument to worry about: the morality (or lack thereof) of totally screwing up Bruce's life just so he can be a crime-fighter.

And what the Goddamn Batman's gonna do when he finds out that certain element of the mission. :o

Just for the record, Sonic is so ripping on GDB every chance he gets.

I suppose Superman's gonna be like the parent driving the car while all the kids fight in the back.

Torchwood said:
Just out of curiosity, was it ever decided if I would be used as an assistant to Richards?

Yes, you can be. It's a good position too. You'll pretty much be their ride from each universe to Reed's base (which I still can't think of a name for), and don't worry, I know it doesn't sound like much, but it will expand over time.

SF, get on MSN, MB had a brilliant idea for the potential third arc :cwink:

byrd_man said:
Multiversers: Unlimited Application

Codename:

Human name (if applicable):

Mission Reserve or Chosen?: MRC

Height: 6'0

Weight: 210

Eyes: Black

Hair: Salt and Pepper

Marital Status: Married

Known Relatives: Barbra Gordon (Ex-Wife) James Gordon Jr. (Son) Sarah Essen-Gordon (2nd Wife) Barbra "Babs" Gordon (Niece/Adopted Daugther) Richard "Dick" Grayson (Adopted Son)

Group Affiliation (history of group needed): Gotham PD. After Commissioner Loeb retired, Detective Flass was chosen as his replacment, With no Batman around, Gordon kept his head down and remained the only good cop on the force.
Universe/Timeline history*:

History: Since there is no Batman to team up with, Gordon didn't move up the ranks of the Gotham PD as quickly, but eventually made it to lead detective. After his first wife took their only son, Jim kept custody of his niece Babs Gordan. One night, while courting Sarah Essen, Jim took her to the circus to watch the show. That night turned out to be the night Dick Grayson's parents were killed. With no Bruce Wayne to adopt the poor boy, Jim and Sarah adopted him and made him best man at Jim and Sarah's wedding. Since then Babs and Dick have begun a romantic relationship behind their adopted parent's backs.

Skills: Decent marksman and skilled detective. as well as previous training in special forces combat.

Powers (comparative to main comic book characters): about the same as regular version.

Hero, anti-hero, villain?: Hero

Brief Sample Post (In the format you plan to portray your character in-game):

I hate this city.

Always have, always will. It's a cancerous cell that has very few bright spots. For every bright light like Harvey or Sarah. There are two more like Falcone and Flass. I try to keep my head down, but I can't take it anymore. Maybe that's why I'm driving up the long road towards Flass' house, excuse me, Commisioner Flass' house. That bastard is as crooked as a set of hillbilly teeth and I kicked his ass, long ago. Now I'm headed up the long and winding road, my service pistol strapped to my ankle and a length of rope in the back seat.

Tonight the madness stops.

This is good, and I agree that you should be accepted, but the mission takes place when Bruce Wayne is still only eight years old, Gordon would still be an officer around then (though making him a detective wouldn't be too bad). It's the whole Grayson backstory that's making trouble.

Huzzah! I'll get my first post in tonight once my classes are out.

SuperFerret said:
This is good, and I agree that you should be accepted, but the mission takes place when Bruce Wayne is still only eight years old, Gordon would still be an officer around then (though making him a detective wouldn't be too bad). It's the whole Grayson backstory that's making trouble.
Ooop... I think him and I had the same misconception :o I thought it was a universe in which Bruce was already an adult who had not had his parents die. Must of misread. :huh:

Multiversers: Unlimited Application

Codename: None

Human name (if applicable):

Mission Reserve or Chosen?: Neither

Height: 5’ 6”

Weight: 130

Eyes: Green

Hair: Auburn/Red

Occupation: Previously: Librarian, Information Broker, Computer Programmer

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: None

Group Affiliation (history of group needed): None

Universe/Timeline history*: A DC Universe not far removed from the current timeline, however it was destroyed during the First Crisis.

History: Placed in a wheelchair due to The Joker, she took on the guise if The Oracle, yet no amount of foretelling could have prepared her for what was to come. She was invaded by Brainiac who offered her the ability to walk, but the cost was to great and she rejected it, but not before a bit of technology from Brainiac was left inside her. Shortly after this the universe began decaying during the effects of the First Crisis. Rescued by Reed Richards she was taken aboard his base and quickly recuperated. This shift from a stable universe to an unstable environment, despite the stabilizing effect of Reed Richards Base, caused the latent piece of technology within her to mutate and adapt. Stabilizing her and allowing her to regain the ability to walk.
She’s been an advisor and assistant to Reed Richards for a timeless amount of time.

Skills: genius-level intellect; superb hacker; skilled detective and martial artist; eidetic memory.

Powers (comparative to main comic book characters):

Hero, anti-hero, villain?: Hero

Brief Sample Post (In the format you plan to portray your character in-game):

I sigh and stick the stylus into the loose bun of hair on my head. Placing my tablet under my arm I bend down and delicately pick up an old glass of milk from behind a device.
It’s a wonder the smell of it alone hasn’t overcome the base. He really is so very absent minded.

I place it directly into the recycler. It’s not even worth washing, I’ll just get a new glass.
That done I pull out my tablet again and tap the screen with the stylus as I monitor the workings of the base and some current potential threats as they flash through it. Once a universal instability get’s bad enough it will automatically come up on Reed’s console.
I however, enjoy staying steps ahead of him and take the time glancing over the synopsis of the universe as it pops up.

I suppose it’s the research part of me, and I take great pride in being able to supply Reed with the details of a particular universe before the large computer can.

“This one next.” I say softly as I tab it in useless guesture to remember it later. I don’t need to, not with my memory, but it serves as nice proof.
Also the trivial knowledge is useful in the mind games the Doctor and I play to occupy our time.

I tap the screen again allowing a three dimensional image to pop up. I spin it around looking it over as I walk.
It’s a small device that helps with the stabilization effect of beings from other universes when they cross over to universe not supporting their Universes atoms. However it’s a specialized one that deals with the paradox of two of the same habituating the same Universe at the same time. Without it the native and the non-native beings are both in an equal amount of danger. It’s much like Reed’s own design.

I tap it down before tucking it under my arm as I walk towards the main room.
Except mine is infinitely smaller than his and can be easily slipped under the skin. However lack of materials to make it hinder the production and until then Reed’s ‘wrist watch’ stabilizers will have to do.

I’ll have to speak to the Doctor when he comes back about the materials.

A little alarm goes off on my pad alerting me to an instability. I smile as my previously tabbed universe pops up.

0 - Infinite number

I mentally pat myself on the back, good job Babs.

Andy C. said:
Not to be snooty, but where else would I base my statement? There are only four Sith ever seen in the Star Wars saga (five if you count Grievous, six if you count what's-her-face from Clone Wars), and they're all pretty nonchalant about killing people. It's possible that there were more relaxed Sith out there, but there's no evidence of it (at least, not in the movies, which are the only things that Lucas counts as canon).

But it is a known fact that there were other Sith before the ones in the film. The one's in the film were Palpatine and those who worked for him, so of course they share the same goals.

Yes, but we never see them, so we can only speculate what they were like. Maybe they were cruel and heartless like Palpatine, maybe they weren't. Considering how concerned Yoda and the other Jedi masters were about their return, it isn't too much of a stretch to believe they weren't the friendliest bunch. Unfortunately, like you said, the only Sith from which we can glean any sort of character-profiles are the ones in Palpatine's faction.

Green Lantern said:
Ooop... I think him and I had the same misconception :o I thought it was a universe in which Bruce was already an adult who had not had his parents die. Must of misread. :huh:

Yeah, You said that Gotham was full of psychos, but the psychos and crazies don't appear until Bruce is grown.

byrd_man said:
Yeah, You said that Gotham was full of psychos, but the psychos and crazies don't appear until Bruce is grown.

That's not true. A specific gorup of psychos don't apear until Batman does, but I'm sure mental illness existed in Gotham before Batman showed up.

The Question said:
That's not true. A specific gorup of psychos don't apear until Batman does, but I'm sure mental illness existed in Gotham before Batman showed up.

Yeah you got a point, I guess he'll have to kick Flass' ass all over again.

Hey guys, Ferret here, having trouble with the account, so I'm just letting you guys know that I might be posting with this name for a bit.

On a quick side note, I never did mention how much I truly and wholly loathe the way Frank Miller writes Batman. Even MB can't make him not sounds like an egomaniacal ********.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"