The NEW Batman?

I'm surprised Morg didn't storm in and delete that post. He must not be logged in right now.

Someone's pissy.

Nah, not really. I just don't like dumb people.

He's prolly on his period.

Sorry, I don't bleed from the crotch.

Someone is also a stalker to lol

But,hey, thanks for checking out the myspace page even though I've kind of let it go the last few months.

Oh and I don't "like to wear womens clothing", but if throwing on a pirate hat and some chicks bra will get a laugh, I'll do it. :oldrazz:

Please. Your really losing it.

Okay, lets say that DC actually goes ahead and kills Bruce Wayne and has one the Robins become the new Batman (Tim Drake is the most likely choice because out of all of them, he's the closest to having Batman's mentality). That might be fine for perhaps a story arc, but it's an absolute disaster if made permanent. Why? Well, ask yourselves this: What is Bruce Wayne's motivation to be Batman? Pretty simple actually--he saw his parents robbed and murdered when he was a child. And from that moment on, he dedicated his entire life to waging war against crime. Every two-bid hood, psychopath, and criminal mastermind he took down was his way of avenging the death of his parents. For Bruce, it's not just a dedication to justice, it's personal.

In contrast, what would Tim's (or whoever takes over) motivation be to become Batman? Answer: to carry on what where the previous Batman left off. And right there is an automatic strike against the new Batman, because no matter what he does or how skilled he becomes, he's going to be seen as nothing more than a pale imitation of his predecessor by other characters in the DC, including himself, and especially by the readers of the Batman comics. None of the Robins have nearly the darkness, tragedy, or iconic status that Bruce has--not even close.

Yes, the Robin's are orphaned in similar ways like Bruce was, including Tim, but Batman is by far the more tragic hero. Yes, the Robins have the training and skill, but that was because Bruce molded them that way, where as he virtually did it himself. As Dick summed it up in the "Untold Legends of the Batman" mini-series, "For me, crime-fighting has always been an adventure, but for [Bruce] it's a holy mission!" Batman isn't just a costume or disguise that Bruce Wayne wears--it's who Bruce Wayne really is. Otherwise, he cannot work as a character.

Apparently I mistranslated the meaning of "chill out." I assumed it meant, "tone it down." If it was intended to mean, "quit talking to the guy," I will now quit talking to the guy, although I wonder why it makes sense to stop discussions on a discussion forum.

Yeah, apparently it's ok for anyone to say whatever the hell they want to me or about me, but when it goes the other way you get told to shut it down.

Thanks anyway! :cwink:

Umm...oookkkkaaayyy........

Are you having a different convo as everyone else on this board? I asked you a simple question and you couldn't answer it. Also, no one has said anything ABOUT you and your on a PUBLIC forum where, yes it IS ok for someone to say what they want TO you.

Get over it and stop acting like a spoiled little kid because others have different opinions then you and express them.

Umm...oookkkkaaayyy........

Are you having a different convo as everyone else on this board? I asked you a simple question and you couldn't answer it. Also, no one has said anything ABOUT you and your on a PUBLIC forum where, yes it IS ok for someone to say what they want TO you.

Get over it and stop acting like a spoiled little kid because others have different opinions then you and express them.

I wan't talking about you in that post. And no, it's it not ok, there are limits.

Well then who because I havent seen anyone on here or on the one I started over in the Batman comics thread...

Well then who because I havent seen anyone on here or on the one I started over in the Batman comics thread...

Do you want everything handed to you? Look... it not too far off.

Handed to....wtf?!?

Am I being "Punk'd"? lol

It's like...it's like your one of those crazy hobos on the street corner who has a conversation with himself or something or like your in the middle of a nervous breakdown but we all get to see it happen.

Just take your meds and relax buddy.

Handed to....wtf?!?

Am I being "Punk'd"? lol

It's like...it's like your one of those crazy hobos on the street corner who has a conversation with himself or something or like your in the middle of a nervous breakdown but we all get to see it happen.

Just take your meds and relax buddy.

Yes, you are being punk'd, I'm looking for Ashton as we speak....

And Aristotle, it is your tone that I was speaking of.......enjoy the discussion, we can all take a lesson in respectful debate.....:yay:

I must be man lol

gothamcentrals replys are just crazy...

And gothamcentral don't pm me crap. You got something to say put it here.

Wow, you guys are like a buncha ****ing 12 year old drama queens. Grow the hell up.

*Looks around*

Who me?

The only person who comes off that way is gothamcentral

I'm surprised Morg didn't storm in and delete that post. He must not be logged in right now.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. If Morg does that, it will be the ultimate validation of everything in the post.

Please. Your really losing it.
Careful, bro, because you're getting there too.

we can all take a lesson in respectful debate.....:yay:
Quite so, and my words were perhaps harsher than they needed to be...but Jesus Christ he pisses me off.

The only person who comes off that way is gothamcentral
Such arrogance. You come off the way we say you come off. I don't care what you think you sound like, the phrase "come off as" refers to others' perceptions of you. Don't try to tell us what we think of you. I can tell you I think you're an ass and you need to learn a bit of respect for others.

Well, ask yourselves this: What is Bruce Wayne's motivation to be Batman? Pretty simple actually--he saw his parents robbed and murdered when he was a child. And from that moment on, he dedicated his entire life to waging war against crime. Every two-bid hood, psychopath, and criminal mastermind he took down was his way of avenging the death of his parents. For Bruce, it's not just a dedication to justice, it's personal.
The last few years of Batman comics actually seem to take great pains to disagree with you. It's not personal, it's not about vengeance. That was the impetus, but the war is greater than the self.

stillanerd said:
None of the Robins have nearly the darkness, tragedy, or iconic status that Bruce has--not even close.
Tim Drake is approaching Constantinian levels of lethality to those around him. He's got darkness.

stillanerd said:
Batman isn't just a costume or disguise that Bruce Wayne wears--it's who Bruce Wayne really is. Otherwise, he cannot work as a character.
This is the crux of the matter, and the spot where I think we should all be able to agree. While, realistically, it's plausible to have Bruce die and have another character take up the mantle, narratively, it would be incredibly weak, and would be a blow to the character that the franchise would never recover from. Knightquest and Prodigal served only to drive home the point that Batman is not a costume, Batman is an entity, and it goes by only one civilian name: Bruce Wayne. If they try to do it permanent...they WILL **** it up.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. If Morg does that, it will be the ultimate validation of everything in the post.

Quite so, and my words were perhaps harsher than they needed to be...but Jesus Christ he pisses me off.

Such arrogance. You come off the way we say you come off. I don't care what you think you sound like, the phrase "come off as" refers to others' perceptions of you. Don't try to tell us what we think of you. I can tell you I think you're an ass and you need to learn a bit of respect for others.

*sighs*

Aristotle, this namecalling,......I'm trying to be patient here, but you are making it very difficult.

Really? Wow, I thought I was doing the right thing. I even took it PM, but it didn't work. :csad:

Oh well, life is fulled with disappontment. I really thought this was over with Kel's last post, but someone just keeps it going. :whatever:

Well maybe if you answered questions properly we would be back on topic...

So lets get back on topic, does anyone actually think a death would affect TDK negativly?

And whats that supposed to mean?

Holy f**k, you complain we aren't on topic and I, once again, swerve it BACK on topic and you reply with that?

Go post somewhere else since you have absolutly zero to contribute here

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"