The North Korean Situation II

I do question though with all this rhetoric, if anything is actually going to come of it. Because, Kim III can't keep doing this. He has to be like his dad and granddaddy and actually blow something up at some point, otherwise, no one will even take him serious as a madman.

I assume he's going more for crazy and unpredictable, than crazy and pathetic. If he just keeps making idle threats, he's going to lose a lot of diplomatic capital.

He has diplomatic capital?????

I do question though with all this rhetoric, if anything is actually going to come of it. Because, Kim III can't keep doing this. He has to be like his dad and granddaddy and actually blow something up at some point, otherwise, no one will even take him serious as a madman.

I assume he's going more for crazy and unpredictable, than crazy and pathetic. If he just keeps making idle threats, he's going to lose a lot of diplomatic capital.

What diplomatic capital? It's the DPRK.

Anyway, analysts think they're going to declare victory after multiple missile tests over the Sea of Japan (or East Sea), which they believe will fall on the day of Kim Il Sung's 101st birthday. It allows a quite acceptable jumping-off opportunity and a way to save face for North Korea or even proclaim victory. Far from pathetic, I'd almost say they won this round.

Here's the story: http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...-north-koreas-exit-strategy-analysts-say?lite

Diplomatic capital in the sense that their neighbors take them seriously.

Having nukes can go a long way.

Diplomatic capital in the sense that their neighbors take them seriously.

Having nukes can go a long way.

There neighbors have never taken them seriously except when they were firing at them....hence, today's NK policy...:yay:

There neighbors have never taken them seriously except when they were firing at them....hence, today's NK policy...:yay:
It's almost like they follow the saying "Any publicity is good publicity" since, besides all their bluster that keeps the world watching, no one really cares about North Korea.

So CNN reported that China finally joined the USA in telling NK to stand down.

Anyone else hear about this?

Does this change the dynamics of war rhetoric at all?

So CNN reported that China finally joined the USA in telling NK to stand down.

Anyone else hear about this?

Does this change the dynamics of war rhetoric at all?
I'm not sure it does unless China really threatens to cut off all their aid they give the North Koreans. Words that have no real backing behind them won't convince NK to stop what they're doing.

To play China's advocate, if they cut off all aid to North Korea, it could have very serious repercussions. It really won't take much to make the situation in North Korea fall apart (arguably it's already falling apart). It's been a tinderbox ever since Kim Jong-il died.

So, the best you can hope for is that they turn the power off for a day. Stop the bubbles to Kim Jong-un's Jacuzzi.

Maybe they're just being realistic given their targeting abilities.

It would be rather ironic if North Korea did finally fire a nuke and it fell on China.

It would be rather ironic if North Korea did finally fire a nuke and it fell on China.

as horrible as that would be,I'd also laugh my ass off.

Another possibility would be one of their nukes falling short and landing in their own country (maybe Kaesong, the southern-most city in North Korea).

had that thought as well. or maybe crashing upon launch or detonating on the launch pad. wonder how they'd spin those scenerio's.

To play China's advocate, if they cut off all aid to North Korea, it could have very serious repercussions. It really won't take much to make the situation in North Korea fall apart (arguably it's already falling apart). It's been a tinderbox ever since Kim Jong-il died.

So, the best you can hope for is that they turn the power off for a day. Stop the bubbles to Kim Jong-un's Jacuzzi.

Your right. There has been alot of mumbling from the Chinese that they don't really want block aid to North Korea as it will collapse and lead to them being flooded with refugees. China already deports any North Koreans they find trying to escape to the South through China back to the North.

had that thought as well. or maybe crashing upon launch or detonating on the launch pad. wonder how they'd spin those scenerio's.

"South Korean, and United States spies snuck in and sabotaged our missiles! In revenge, Our great leader will now ride a unicorn to the white house, and defeat president Obama in a duel!". Que horrid photoshop of Un on a horse with a stick glued to it's head, standing in front of a blurry white house, appearing in national NK newspapers.

I've been off the news grid for about a week and a half now. Any updates on the NK situation?

I've been off the news grid for about a week and a half now. Any updates on the NK situation?

The Pentagon confirmed that NK does have nuclear missiles small enough to attach to a ballistic missile. The reliability of said missile is slim to none though, and they don't think it can get beyond Japan. Japan, SK, and Guam are potential targets. We have moved more destroyers and F-22's to the region, and another missile shield to Guam.

Oh, and NK is still bat**** crazy.

Looks like supposedly firing their missiles in commemoration of Kim Il-sung's birthday has passed. Now which day they could fire is now more unknown. Still don't think they're crazy enough to possibly fire active nuclear-tipped missiles and provoke a swift beatdown from everybody in the Pacific Rim.

The Pentagon confirmed that NK does have nuclear missiles small enough to attach to a ballistic missile. The reliability of said missile is slim to none though, and they don't think it can get beyond Japan. Japan, SK, and Guam are potential targets. We have moved more destroyers and F-22's to the region, and another missile shield to Guam.

Oh, and NK is still bat**** crazy.

You know what, I hope they launch their nuke. I also hope it falls back down and they blow themselves up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"