The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but if his software said you have the power of the JLA and not each member individually, then there isn't any JLA, then his logic circuits would lock up.....which is what happened.

It was all a programming problem. Like Y2K.:o

So I just finished reading Batman Odyssey and I had a question. Why was it written to be about as bad as Superman at worlds end (Aka Santa Superman kills the Hitler twins with a 30 foot tall gun then commits suicide)?

Cuz DC hates you and is actively working to destroy your mind.

someone calling themselves geoff johns is writing aquaman

So I know Tim is in Teen Titans, but how often has he popped up in the Bat-books? Does he still have a substantial place in the Bat Family

So I know Tim is in Teen Titans, but how often has he popped up in the Bat-books? Does he still have a substantial place in the Bat Family

Yeah. He drops in whenever there's a crisis, usually teamed up with the other Robins. He's had big parts in at least one arc of Batman, Batman & Robin, and Batman Inc.

I heard he was getting his own series, finally. Is that official or just a rumor?

I heard he was getting his own series, finally. Is that official or just a rumor?

Rob Liefeld spilled that it was coming to stick it to DC and ruin the announcement or something, along with Batman/Superman and a few others. Batman/Superman is the only one that's materialized so far, but with a different creative team than he said. So it's about a 50/50 chance of happening I guess.

And my disgust of the nostalgia for those movies continues to grow...

So just how old is Alfred Pennyworth approximately?

Yeah, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Well then you'll both be happy to know that in the New 52, the S symbol is Kryptonian and that the Fortress of Solitude is grown out of crystals. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Has there ever been an ongoing book that focused souly on the Daily Planet? Sorta in the same vein as Gotham Central.

Does Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen count?

You know what? I think there was something around the B13 days of Metropolis, called, metropolis. Though I don't know if it was really so much about the Planet but Metropolis during this city of tomorrow phase.....so I guess the answer is no. :(

Hm, that blows. A book centering around the most read newspaper in a world with superheroes would be a good read.

Okay, so I think I'm going to start looking into Flash. I was at Half Priced Books today and picked up issues 8-12 of Johns' ongoing (Road to Flashpoint) and really enjoyed them. I'm thinking about picking up the rest of the series, Flashpoint, and the New 52 stuff.

My quesiton is this:

I know that after Flash came back in Final Crisis, he had Flash: Rebirth. His next ongoing was Johns' title, but between the two was Blackest Night, which featured Flash heavily, and a Blackest Night: Flash mini.

Are the Blackest Night title necessary or at all referenced in Rebirth or Johns' earlier issues? Can you go from Rebirth to Johns' title without any mention of Blackest Night?

Okay, so I think I'm going to start looking into Flash. I was at Half Priced Books today and picked up issues 8-12 of Johns' ongoing (Road to Flashpoint) and really enjoyed them. I'm thinking about picking up the rest of the series, Flashpoint, and the New 52 stuff.

My quesiton is this:

I know that after Flash came back in Final Crisis, he had Flash: Rebirth. His next ongoing was Johns' title, but between the two was Blackest Night, which featured Flash heavily, and a Blackest Night: Flash mini.

Are the Blackest Night title necessary or at all referenced in Rebirth or Johns' earlier issues? Can you go from Rebirth to Johns' title without any mention of Blackest Night?

Some pieces for Captain Boomerang and Reverse-Flash are in the Blackest Night books.

Yeah, I know the story enough to know that that's when they returned (I've read Blackest Night) but I'm wanting to get into Flash and am considering starting when Barry came back. I've read Final Crisis and Blackest Night but that's it. I was just curious if Flash Rebirth could lead right into Johns' ongoing series, but if it talks about it I might try to get the issues and then read Rebirth, then Blackest Night, then Johns' ongoing.

Also, is the Blackest Night: Flash mini important to Barry, Wally, the Rogues, or what?

Why don't Metropolis' cops -or some enterprising villains- lift Superman's prints from one of his fight scenes or public appearances?
I mean, surely Clark Kent's are on file right? They have to be.

Lex Luthor's seriously never thought of that? :p

Why don't Metropolis' cops -or some enterprising villains- lift Superman's prints from one of his fight scenes or public appearances?
I mean, surely Clark Kent's are on file right? They have to be.

Lex Luthor's seriously never thought of that? :p

Clark's prints would only be on file if he's been arrested in the past or he volunteered them up for some specific purpose in the past (which is unlikely). There's a strong chance nobody had his prints on file.

And anyway, why would the cops try to get Superman's fingerprints? Nobody thinks Superman is leading a double life. The man doesn't even wear a mask.

Yup. That's why the glasses and dropping his shoulders work. Nobody thinks he has a secret ID so nobody suspects.

Clark's prints would only be on file if he's been arrested in the past or he volunteered them up for some specific purpose in the past (which is unlikely). There's a strong chance nobody had his prints on file.

And anyway, why would the cops try to get Superman's fingerprints? Nobody thinks Superman is leading a double life. The man doesn't even wear a mask.

In the real world, yes.
But I would have to assume that in the DC Universe a shadowy organisation like Checkmate would have detailed files -including fingerprints- of pretty much anyone who has close contact with the big-hitters. (otherwise what's the point of them?)
Lois and Clark -having made their reputations writing about Superman- would definitely be in there.

And just becasue nobody thinks he's leading a double life is no reason not to check for sure. The guy's arch-nemesis is a super-duper genius, I have to believe at some point it occured to him to at least check. :hehe:

Checkmate knows Supes info. Knows ever bodies.

In the real world, yes.
But I would have to assume that in the DC Universe a shadowy organisation like Checkmate would have detailed files -including fingerprints- of pretty much anyone who has close contact with the big-hitters. (otherwise what's the point of them?)
Lois and Clark -having made their reputations writing about Superman- would definitely be in there.

And just becasue nobody thinks he's leading a double life is no reason not to check for sure. The guy's arch-nemesis is a super-duper genius, I have to believe at some point it occured to him to at least check. :hehe:

Eh, I think you're thinking about this far too much from the audience's perspective. We know things about Superman that no character in the comics has any reason to suspect. Of course you've come up with ways someone would figure out his secret identity, but there's no reason for any of that to occur to the characters.

Why would a shadowy organization be after a couple of journalists who happened to interview the man? How many shadowy organizations do you think have every dirty detail on some random TV reporter who happened to talk to a random politician?

And I think it was established once that Lex Luthor finds the idea of Superman pretending to be a normal human being preposterous. Brilliant as he is, Lex's mind can't comprehend a great man wanting to be a simple man.

Eh, I think you're thinking about this far too much from the audience's perspective. We know things about Superman that no character in the comics has any reason to suspect. Of course you've come up with ways someone would figure out his secret identity, but there's no reason for any of that to occur to the characters.

Why would a shadowy organization be after a couple of journalists who happened to interview the man? How many shadowy organizations do you think have every dirty detail on some random TV reporter who happened to talk to a random politician?

And I think it was established once that Lex Luthor finds the idea of Superman pretending to be a normal human being preposterous. Brilliant as he is, Lex's mind can't comprehend a great man wanting to be a simple man.

Yeah, you're right. It probably doesn't bare a much more thought than that.
A part of me just always thinks it's really weird that Supes doesn't wear gloves, whenever pretty much all of his superhero pals do... presumably to avoid being ID'd. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"