The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Darthphere, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anubis Sup?

I'd say he's better than Bendis. At least he can do more than one genre well. Bendis is only good at street level and nior. His super hero and sci-fi stuff is crap on a stick.

2. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Like I said, Johns' reach doesn't exceed his grasp. I'd have a hell of a lot more respect for Bendis as a writer if he didn't constantly step out of his wheelhouse. If Bendis had spent the last few years writing a Heroes For Hire comic instead of the entire Avengers franchise, I probably wouldn't have much negative to say about him outside of his Ultimate X-Men run.

3. MarvelWarrior Does what a Spider can

Have Orion and Superman ever fought? Who's stronger? When was the last time Darkseid and Superman threw down?

4. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I guess the last time Supes and Darkseid threw down was Final Crisis. Superman sung him up that Stairway to Heaven.

5. fifthfiend M4J3ST1C L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

So solid writing... except for the main character being terrible and boring.

A'ight then.

6. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Indeed. The most recent instance I can think of is just after "Ignition," when Supes was chasing Wally to find out his identity. Wally just ignores him and stays a couple steps ahead of him for most of the race, then he blasts way ahead of Supes toward the end.

Bendis does have the occasional fluke, though. Avengers Prime was quite good, and that was all about larger-than-life fantasy and magic.

7. Charlie Boy Registered

More boring than terrible. But yeah, pretty much.

8. Stallion9979 The Icon

I keep hearing about Generation Lost centering on the return of Max Lord following BN...is the series worth picking up and is there anything related to the title that I should check out?

9. Stallion9979 The Icon

I posted this in the Batman and Superman threads and was hoping that maybe the people that come on this thread could help me as well...

I have an issue right now where my 7 year old is starting to get into the superhero phase...I scoured the internet and spent a hefty sum putting together a really nice collection of 54 DCU figures (expensive to say the least) and he sees my collection and has asked if i would buy him his own comics...his favorites are Batman and Superman and I taught him about the big 7 JLA which seems to no longer exist...

now my issue is that I want him to be able to get the same joy that I got as a kid going and buying comics but how can I introduce him to it without him being ridiculously confused by the current format of the books and/or not going the kiddie comic route...

I mean recently ive been posting on the boards cuz I took a break from collecting and I'm behind but the real reason ive been getting back into is for my son...when I was a kid and stretching into my teens and twenties, reading comics was a nice way to escape the everyday doldrums of life and I want him to be able to experience that same joy...

can anyone help with this?

10. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I suggest you buy him a few trades of simple, fun stories. Older stuff would probably be the best way to go, like those Superman in the xx's collections.

11. Stallion9979 The Icon

xx's collections?

12. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'd say it's worth a read. There are some parts I could do without, but overall it's the best Justice League title on the stands. :up:

13. Anubis Sup?

Superman of the 60's, or Superman of the 70's. Of course that s**t sucks. Just buy the Best Superman Stories collection thing. Should have For the man who has everything, Whatever happened to the man of Tommorow, What's wrong with Truth, Justice, and the American Way, you know, the best of the best.

14. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

"What's so Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" ;)

15. Anubis Sup?

Eh, Potato, go f**k yourself.

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Your unique phrasing is, as always, appreciated. :awesome:

17. MarvelWarrior Does what a Spider can

How many times have Supes and Darkseid fought? Any details on their fights? Are there any TPB that have their fights?

Have Orion and Supes fought? Who's more powerful?

18. Anubis Sup?

Tons of times.

They usually punch each other really hard.

Probably

Yup.

Orion when he doesn't have the Motherbox keeping his rage in check.

19. MarvelWarrior Does what a Spider can

Would you happen to know the names of the TPBs? I don't know much about DC storylines. :csad:

20. Anubis Sup?

Most recent was Death of the New Gods. That's the only one I remember at the moment.

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Except in JLA, where Orion was a total wuss.

22. Anubis Sup?

I choose not to remember that.

23. WompuM Esquire

Superman and Orion had a really pointless and annoying fight in . . . I think Death of the New Gods #1.

Superman and Darksied rassled a bit in Superman/Batman: Supergirl.

24. Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

Superman and Darkseid's fight in the DTV of the Supergirl arc was a lot better, I think (at least better than Darkseid letting Superman drag the fight to the sun, and without ever zapping the s**t out of him). Of course, that animated fight requires a suspension of disbelief that Darkseid's omega beams are nothing more than powerful lasers.

On the other hand, however, that fight was also the first time I think we've ever seen Darkseid fly under his own power in animation, which means I have an automatic soft spot for it.

25. Stallion9979 The Icon

I actually didn't like the DVD...I preferred the story it was based on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.