The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Thomas the Train meme will be doing the rounds lol. And how can a movie not succeed with that level of memeing?

Trailer looks amazing! Wish Ant-Man was part of AoU.

While I liked the original teaser fine and I think I gave it an ok 6-7/10 rating...this was sooo much better. Not one of the best trailers I've ever seen or anything but yeah, this hit the spot just right. And that last bit after the title came up was truly brilliant.

8.5/10

Have to agree, the first trailer was so average it didn't even make me look forward to the movie, but this trailer certainly did, much better and I am now excited for the movie.

I hope this trailer filters into the pop culture conciousness and builds up the film's profile. I think that Ant-Man got lost in the build up to AOU, so if the film is as strong as this trailer suggests then it would be a shame to me if it didn't live up to it's potential BO wise. Then again, with AOU being the hit it's guaranteed to be, they can perhaps transfer some of that buzz to A-M once AOU has been in theaters for awhile.

It will be in front of AoU so all those millions and millions who watch Avengers will see Ant-man.

^Plus I won't be surprised if there's a Pym reference or two inside AoU. That can only help.

First trailer left me lukewarm. Was really starting to worry about this movie.

Second trailer resolved that for me. I still have some reservations, but this is going to be a fun flick.

This reminds of how Chris Evan's character died in Scott Pilgrim.

Kinda lame but super funny. Hope that's not how Yellowjacket is defeated.

Of course not. Pym will trap him inside a plastic egg inside a gashapon machine.

The post-credits sequence will have a gloved hand put in some quarters, slowly turn the nob and take out the egg and hold it at eye level. The camera does a slow 360 and we see the gloved hand belonging to the hooded Baron Helmut Zemo.

"Mr. Cross. I believe we have much to discuss. I've been ... eggs-pecting you."

Cut to black.

Last edited:
The Yellowjacket design kind of shows that they could have done Ultron's face the old-fashioned way and it would have still been intimidating.

The point was to humanize Ultron. He is the main villain in a multi million dollar franchize. They wanted him to look more than just an evil mannequin.

Yellow Jacket has the luxury of being a dude who can remove his helmet, make a threat, and then snap his helmet back on and be badass.

I like the teaser trailer, but the full trailer is so much better, and I think even people who yearned for Edgar Wright will be impressed by this trailer. I definitely think this will become a hit like GOTG.

really good trailer.
I like how fast paced it is and not sluggish

Much better than I expected. First trailer was alright but this one gets me more interested in seeing it!

I like the teaser trailer, but the full trailer is so much better, and I think even people who yearned for Edgar Wright will be impressed by this trailer. I definitely think this will become a hit like GOTG.

I hope so, on both fronts. People really seemed to wanna hate it which is just crazy to me. Nitpick every lil thing for the sake of nitpicking. I couldn't tell you the directors for the last few films I've seem, I'm amazed people go see movies because of a director.

I think it could be a hit since its trailer will lead AoU. I don't expect it to make as much as GOTG, I'm hoping the people at Marvel don't expect all their first films to gross 700 million.

I really enjoyed the new trailer. Got some great action scenes, some character motivations, and a good idea about the main thread driving the movie.

The only potential issue I see with the trailer being with AOU is the fact we might also get the new Star wars Trailer there, hope they place Ant Man in a spot where the Star Wars trailer doesn't just engulf what hype he would build up lol.

The only potential issue I see with the trailer being with AOU is the fact we might also get the new Star wars Trailer there, hope they place Ant Man in a spot where the Star Wars trailer doesn't just engulf what hype he would build up lol.

I'd suggest playing the FFINO trailer between them so that Ant-Man and Star Wars would both raise hype levels, but that doesn't deserve any exposure during Age of Ultron. :o

I think that's the smart play in going ahead and releasing a new Ant-Man trailer. Get it out there now, because any closer to AOU's release date, or throwing it up against EPVII's full trailer, and it gets swallowed up.

I wonder how long until we hear of spoilers from ElMayimbe about this movie.
[BLACKOUT]Thomas will appear at the end of AoU already a Tank Engine, and he'll be launched into space at the end of Ant-Man to set up a Planet Thomas the Tank Engine Movie!:sly:[/BLACKOUT]

I just saw the new trailer and, I have to say, I was impressed. The teaser did not get me excited for this movie at all but this trailer did.

Seems like Ant-Man may have the biggest link to Thanos yet. :o

tumblr_nej0dxhT3D1ru89oxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"