The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've worn a turtleneck since the early 1990's :hehe:

I don't think I've ever worn a turtleneck period?

Very nice- your own work?

Nah, just thought I'd start sharing all this old BR fanart I have lying 'round in here = )

qa1itTYm.jpg

B89 on NES is still my favorite Batman game ever created. I still play it about once a month. I love how it's like a Batman version of Ninja Gaiden. :woot:

I loved Batman on the C64. The music was amazing for an ancient cassette based game.

No Batman: Vengeance love?

I loved that game! Had it for Gamecube. At the time it was definitely the most cinematic Batman game ever, I got so excited for the cut scenes. :woot:

Also, Batman Returns for SNES was SO hard. I still have never beaten it.

I loved Batman on the C64. The music was amazing for an ancient cassette based game.

I never owned a Commodore, so I never got to play it.

And I hated Batman: Vengeance. I remember getting frustrated by the controls. I did like the art style for it, though.

And Returns on SNES isn't that hard. It is one of my favorite beat 'em ups ever created. One of my top 5 favorite on SNES.

Last edited:

Not from me. The controls were ridiculously frustrating, and the volume on the character voices was really low and inaudible sometimes.

The cut scenes were good, and the BTAS voice cast were great as usual. But that's about the only things I liked.

I loved it. I agree with The Joker in that it wasn't technically a great game, but it was cool to have a cinematic BTAS game. Way better than that Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu beat-em-up crap.

Batman: The Arcade Game from 1990 was my favorite. Those Burton movie visuals, that Danny Elfman music in midi form, those classic soundbites and the epic end screen

Batman_Arcade_30.png

The pinball game and Batman Returns on the SNES were also serious time wasters back then.

I had a Sega Genesis, and if you thought Batman Returns on SNES was tough, on the Genesis it's damn near impossible! Got to the last fight with Penguin plenty of times but never beat him. The Batman 89 game was also great for including batmobile and batwing shooter levels. Didn't know about an arcade game for that movie, that must've been good!

Wasn't there another Batman game exclusively for GameCube based on the comic continuity and not off the Animated Series? That wasn't so great...

There was another game for Sega way back when, I remember the fighting gargoyles that spring to life in the first level...that had the best graphics of the 3 at the time.

Then Batman and Robin came along, on the Genesis that game was superb! Hang glider levels, batarang power-ups. Legit.

And Returns on SNES isn't that hard. It is one of my favorite beat 'me ups ever created. One of my top 5 favorite on SNES.

Oh, it's a great game. The gameplay, graphics and how well it represented the movie were awesome. I probably just didn't have the patience for it when I was a kid. :funny:

I loved it. I agree with The Joker in that it wasn't technically a great game, but it was cool to have a cinematic BTAS game. Way better than that Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu beat-em-up crap.

Yeah, I mean it's crap now that we have the Arkham games but at the time I was definitely entertained by it, mostly just for getting to experience a new story in the Timm-verse.

I guess what I liked about Batman: Vengeance was the fact that it was the most expansive Batman game at that point.

It wasn't just a beat-em-up or driving game and was more varied in it's levels than the old Batman games. Plus the fact that it was based on The Animated Series with the old cast, just made it cooler.

It's easy to rip it to shreds in 2014, but back in 2001 (to an impressionable 11 year old) it was pretty great.

Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu was a complete disappointment however.

I never even played Sin Tzu cause it just looked so bad.

I never even played Sin Tzu cause it just looked so bad.

It was mildly entertaining as a beat-em-up game, but it was the most repetitive game I've ever played and it was way too easy.

I actually remember Vengeance being pretty hard. There wasn't enough explanation of what to do in certain instances.

It was mildly entertaining as a beat-em-up game, but it was the most repetitive game I've ever played and it was way too easy.

I actually remember Vengeance being pretty hard. There wasn't enough explanation of what to do in certain instances.

Really? I thought Sin Tzu was an absolute nightmare.

It was however, achingly repetitive. You remember that moment in the cutscenes were Batman kicks a door down and Sin Tzu says, ''Now, come and get me...''?

You get all pumped for the big final battle, only to be faced with... more freaking ninjas. :dry:

Is that the SNES version? I really need to get some more games for my SNES...

Until the Arkham games, that and The Adventures of Batman and Robin were the best Batman games. The amount of hours I spent playing them as a kid.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin is something I've wanted to own for a while, I just cant decide if I would rather have the SNES or Genesis/Mega Drive versions as I have both consoles. They can go for high prices with either version.

I never got to play it but I had a PS1/PS2 Gamepro disc(from 2001 I think? Harry Potter was on the magazine cover) that had a trailer for the PS2 version and I would watch it over and over again wanting it bad but had no PS2. I plan on picking up the Gamecube version this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"