The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
batman_returns_by_twiggylizard-d58dio7.png

Lego Batman 2, any good?

I actually didn't care for it at all, even though I loved the first one. The levels are dull and uninspired (mostly industrial/factory type sets) and the open world is just a confusing, hot mess when trying to navigate. It's the first Lego game I didn't complete to 100% because I sold it as soon as I finished the chore that was story mode.

Really? I beat the Genesis version a million times, but couldn't beat the SNES version without the Game Genie!

Yeah don't know what it was. I think I recall getting shipped during the circus-esque level that leads to the Penguin leaving me with less lives for the last fight, or something.

I never had a SNES but I remember my neighbour had Batman Returns for a bit, much better graphics and I seem to recall it being a Beat-Em-Up where the enemies had life bars, like Maximum Carnage. Couldn't say for sure the difficulty really compares to the Genesis one.

Kane will love this; the first game I ever bought for my PS1 was Batman and Robin :o It was really hard, and the controls could be annoying, but I did enjoy playing it. I managed to finish it with some effort. The game was quite long. Set over the course of three days where you have to make it to different locations of Gotham at specific times, like to the museum to stop Mr. Freeze stealing the diamond, or to Police HQ to stop Ivy and Bane trashing the batsignal, before the crooks pull off their crime and get away.

I enjoyed that game a lot despite it being very frustrating, when it first came out and I was in...4th or 5th grade. It was almost ahead of its time...it seems they wanted to do more than the PlayStation was built to handle. 2 characters, almost a free roam Gotham, that was quite large if I remember right, fully rendered Bat cave. It at least was trying.

Anyone play Batman Begins for PS2? That was the Batman game to beat up until Rocksteady came along. They even borrowed the enemy heart rate/ fear mechanic, using stealth to take down the enemies one by one and making their team mates more and more frightened, brilliant.

Anyway, lately I've been wanting to watch Batman Returns.

Besides the designs we saw on screen, were there any different ones for Catwoman and Penguin in the early stages?

Didn't we see one for Anette Benning's Catwoman in the special features? I remember seeing one where her nipples were practically exposed.

Apart from that, alot of Tim's drawings have the fragmented, stitched look to them.

@ 6:30

[YT]hiuhJCtUenE[/YT]

Besides the designs we saw on screen, were there any different ones for Catwoman and Penguin in the early stages?

I'm pretty sure what we got was pretty much the original concepts for both Catwoman and Peguin based on Tim's drawings.

Yeah that's what I figured.

I don't care what anyone says, Michelle is still the best Catwoman.

I think both are really good. I was actually surprised how much I liked Hathaway.

I really did love Hathaway quite a bit but I still like Michelle the best, I think if they gave Anne's Catwoman more stuff to do in TDKR that may have swayed me more.

Hathaway's Selina was written closer to the comicbook version, but I found her to be dull and unlikeable in the role.

Hathaway just doesn't compare in my eyes. Many of you are probably think, ''Noooo, really?! How shocking!'', but I expressed my love for Hathaway in the past and thought she did a pretty good job with Nolan's Catwoman.

She may be more ''comic-accurate'' but I don't think most of the general public care about that sort of thing. My friends certainly don't read comics, couldn't tell you a darn thing about Catwoman (apart from what they've seen in various adaptations)... and they STILL say Michelle's version is their favourite. They LIKED Anne but for alot of them, it just wasn't memorable enough.

Michelle just had the better/meatier/flashier material and brought something extra to the screen.

I would rank my Catwomen as follows:

1.) Michelle Pfeiffer
2.) Julie Newmar
3.) Anne Hathaway
4.) Honorable mention for Adrienne Barbeau
5.) And the rest

I was a fan of Anne's take. And yeah, it was definitely more comic like. But it's no where near as iconic as Michelle's. I mean bad place, this past week, one of the shows during fashion week did a whole collection based off of Michelle's Catwoman.

Hathaway's Selina was written closer to the comicbook version, but I found her to be dull and unlikeable in the role.

I put the blame for that entirely on Nolan's shoulder's. He's never been all that great at writing women.

His Catwoman was simply too neutered for me to fully appreciate her. I felt he approached her more like his Ra's Al Ghul but Selina needs the larger than life treatment that his Joker received.

Just how I feel about the character. Anne brought no real fire or passion to the screen, but she did well with the material she was given.

Now in TDK Harvey wasn't called Two-Face like the counterpart in the comics I understand it was too silly but in TDKR Selina wasn't once called "Catwoamn" or nickname that Harvey got in IA. Is it too silly call Selina Catwoman in this film?

While I don't think it would have been silly (No more than Batman)... this is the one instance where I'll stand by Nolan.

We don't need the name to be said, the audience knows it's ''Catwoman'' and frankly, there wasn't an effective place for that name drop anyway, be it as a joke or otherwise.

If Nolan did inject the name it would no doubt have been as forced as the moment with John ''Robin'' Blake.

I agree with you on that Pfan. I would liked If they could have used it once it would been so cool to see on the police files though.

I hope Affleckverse or (whoever ends up directs the next films) will use the names Catwoman or Riddler, Two-Face for his solo films.

Now in TDK Harvey wasn't called Two-Face like the counterpart in the comics I understand it was too silly but in TDKR Selina wasn't once called "Catwoamn" or nickname that Harvey got in IA. Is it too silly call Selina Catwoman in this film?

Iron Man never called Stane the Iron Monger, or Vanko Whiplash in IM2. They didn't call Agent Barton Hawkeye in The Avengers. They didn't call Brock Venom in SM-3. I don't think it's always a necessity to have the comic book name mentioned in the movie.

While I don't think it would have been silly (No more than Batman)... this is the one instance where I'll stand by Nolan.

We don't need the name to be said, the audience knows it's ''Catwoman'' and frankly, there wasn't an effective place for that name drop anyway, be it as a joke or otherwise.

If Nolan did inject the name it would no doubt have been as forced as the moment with John ''Robin'' Blake.

Nolan did good without having the name Catwoman... And then... "Robin"... :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"