• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Batman Returns The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 4

The BR designs of Penguin and Selina were very much at the insistence of WB;

6iwkdl.jpg

Bruce Timm has gone on record to say they had a love/hate relationship with Burton's movies, and they didn't want to use much of anything they did;

k4a6fr.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking about it, is it really wrong for the average Gothamite to support the Penguin for mayor? The only flaw he had that the public probably knew about is that he may be inarticulate, at least at times too blunt ... it feels more like he and Max were talented manipulators rather than that the public was dumb.

Thinking about it, is it really wrong for the average Gothamite to support the Penguin for mayor? The only flaw he had that the public probably knew about is that he may be inarticulate, at least at times too blunt ... it feels more like he and Max were talented manipulators rather than that the public was dumb.

Yes i can see that.

Catwoman's origin in the film is pretty fantastical but I don't see why people attack it as stupid rather than on-par with those of other Batman villains like the Joker, Two-Face or Poison Ivy.

Catwoman's origin in the film is pretty fantastical but I don't see why people attack it as stupid rather than on-par with those of other Batman villains like the Joker, Two-Face or Poison Ivy.

Burton's Catwoman was just wonderful. Pure genius.

I don't agree. After "Darkman" and along with Edward Scissorhands, Burton's Penguin is just the most iconic, dramatic and groundbreaking freak figure of the Nineties. It was tragic and unique at the very same time. Danny was sensational.

I love Burton's vision of Penguin, and DeVito's performance is great. I know it isn't the Penguin from the comics or from Adam West's show, but I just take it as an alternate version and go with it.

Batman Returns is a very close second to The Dark Knight as not just my favourite Batman movie of all but my favourite CBM of all.

I think it mostly depends on when you were first introduced to something. Pfeiffer's Catwoman was my MAJOR introduction to Catwoman and left such an impression. She blazed across the screen and made sure her presence was felt. It's beyond iconic in the realm of comic book movie performances.

I discovered Julie & the others (including B:TAS) a little while later and appreciate them all. There is no definitive version, but I do believe Michelle and Julie gave the part that extra special kick.

Oh without doubt. Julie Newmar was the Catwoman of my childhood - and she made quite an impression! :cwink:

Dude, I had the Forever game that was shaped like a batarang.

Oh yeah, but did you have Batman Forever on the Tiger R Zone(a LCD VR “console”)? :oldrazz:

I had to look up what that was. I assume you are legally blind by now.

It's difficult to get the Pfeiffer costume accurate. Not many cosplayers pull it off, but she did a pretty good job.
She looks just right doesn't she. If someone had told me that was a pic of one of Pfeiffer's stand-ins I could have believed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"