• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought "His Silicon Soul" was an excellent follow up to "Heart Of Steel". It had a nice twist of a cyborg Batman believing it really was Batman. The scene where the cyborg batman pulled it's cowl and face off to put that chip in it's skull was not only creepy but disturbing, imo. Especially the way Conroy was moaning. And the animation of course was excellent, which worked with the episode's narrative and story.

Great episode and a nice follow up and conclusion to the HARDAC story.

I know it's a cartoon but Batman showing up in public placing flowers where his parents died just doesn't make sense. The episode where Gordon is shot. Great episode otherwise

BTAS Episode: Off Balance

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/56944623629/off-balance-batman-the-animated-series-more-btas

kMeGhCX.gif
YlXAs8h.gif

NAtQmwR.gif
wA0iCl3.gif

oJc3JTP.gif
s7Vg85d.gif

60UTp1z.gif
Fhev8CC.gif

0AKgj0D.gif
TNlfbgJ.gif

Trivia

• Though he is named in the credits, Ra's al Ghul does not formally make his name known until "The Demon's Quest".
  • Vertigo's fall from the tower (especially the camera shot from inside the tower of him falling past an opening) appears to be a direct reference to the 1958 Hitchcock film Vertigo.
  • This episode is noteworthy for being the first-ever screen appearance of Ra's, one of Batman's deadliest enemies from the comics. Ra's had never before appeared on a Batman film or television show, and would not appear outside the DCAU until the 2005 film Batman Begins.
  • Vertigo's comics counterpart is known as Count Vertigo, an old Green Arrow villain. He also appears in the non-DCAU adaptation The Batman, where his eyepiece affects the ears rather than the eyes. In both versions Batman counteracts the effects by temporarily disabling the afflicted sense.
  • The episode is directly based on the comics story "Batman: Into the Den of the Death-Dealers" (Detective Comics #411, May 1971) by Dennis O'Neil, chronicling the first meeting of Talia and Batman.
  • Curaré appears to use the same mind-erasing substance in the Batman Beyond episode "Final Cut".

My girlfriend bought me for my birthday the complete collection set for the animated series just a couple weeks ago, been having a lot of fun going back and watching some of my favorite episodes that I haven't seen in quite some time.

I enjoyed Off Balance. A good intro for Talia and Ra's. Setting up Ra's being a formidable opponent in future eps. And Count Vertigo was an interesting villain as well. The way Batman sabotage that weapon Talia stole was clever. As well as when Batman used his other senses to escape Vertigo's trap. A very good ep. that sort of has a Bond feel.

Another bit of trivia Helen Slater ( 80s Supergirl) was the voice of Talia.

This has probably already been discussed at length, but the animated series pronounced the name as "Raysh" and that's how I knew it to be for years until Batman Begins came out and changed it to "Rahz." Does anyone know Denny O'Neil's original intention for the character's pronunciation? Or if it's supposed to be "Raysh," why did Nolan change it?

I always preferred the Animated version anyway.

I believe O'Neil intended the pronunciation to be "Raysh". He pronounces it that way. But I believe "Rahz" is more accurate. I can't find the source, let me check.

Maybe it had something to do with making it more believable that Ken Watanabe's character was Ra's, but neither pronunciation seems more East Asian than the other to me.

I remember BTAS throwing me for a loop in their pronounciation. I said it like they did in Begins since I read those O'Neill issues.

I still pronounce it as 'Raysh'... as does Denny O' Neil.

Never did like the BB pronounciation.

I think a viewing of 'Heart of Ice' is in order tonight. :csad:

R.I.P. Michael Ansara

BTAS Episode: What is Reality?

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/57201988978/what-is-reality-batman-the-animated-series

GUyK3Dj.gif
vGNaQTH.gif

MCpHgLo.gif
jxT2EsP.gif

wktJRnn.gif
wYDKgEK.gif

TnNpRcq.gif
hldT8L9.gif

PeiVRtP.gif
287iswo.gif

Trivia

• The Baxter's Box is a clear homage to the Rubik's Cube.
  • The chessboard stage of the virtual reality world was adapted into the second stage of the Riddler level in the Super Nintendo game The Adventures of Batman & Robin.
  • The idea of the Riddler leaving behind a numeric pattern hidden in the questions of past riddles was later used in the feature film "Batman Forever".
  • Only a few months after this episode aired, the "Knightfall" play on words was used as the name for the Mainstream Comics storyline that featured Bane breaking Batman's back and a temporary substitute taking up the mantle.
  • When Batman first enters the virtual reality, the first door he sees is labelled "??RIDDLE??", but afterwards, the door just says "RIDDLE???"
  • When the Riddler's men are evacuating the Police Records Room, the door says "Authorized Personel Only," misspelling the second word.

I loved that Riddler episode, even though it was super weird.

Man I loved Ansara's voice as Mr Freeze, his voice so perfect for the character. A talented man R.I.P.

This episode is great fun, but good lord is it a mess. The producers once remarked that this version of Riddler was harder to write for, as the plots they came up with ended up being too complicated or unwieldy to fit into 20 minutes of episode, and nowhere is that better demonstrated than here. That's why there are so few Riddler episodes in TAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"