The Official Casting The Superman Reboot Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waterworld!?

The Postman!?

Wyatt Earp!?

Those would fall into the duds category though I liked Wyatt Earp. I love that story and I thought the film was more epic than Tombstone, though I liked that as well.

Waterworld is one hell of a fun film.....you can't take it seriously, it's just a funny action romp.

If he hadn't played Iron Monger for Marvel, I'd suggest Jeff Bridges for Pa Kent.

Those would fall into the duds category though I liked Wyatt Earp. I love that story and I thought the film was more epic than Tombstone, though I liked that as well.

Big duds, but I love me some Costner. Great idea to get him on board.

Hmmm. I never really thought about it in comparison to Tombstone surprisingly, but I think you're right.

Didn't Variety or Deadline confirm the LL news?

Definitely Maybe?

I'm confused. Are you insinuating Snyder is going aging effect on Cavill ala Cugino in Watchmen?

No. I just made a typo. It was supposed to read Clark Kent.

The Untouchables
Field of Dreams
Robin Hood
JFK
The Bodyguard
Open Range

Open range was definitely an underrated western and I actually preferred Costner's Robin Hood to Ridley Scotts version. The latest one just didn't feel like Robin Hood and lacked fun. And Robin Hood shot his arrow about 3 times in the whole film.

Open range was definitely an underrated western and I actually preferred Costner's Robin Hood to Ridley Scotts version. The latest one just didn't feel like Robin Hood.

The execution reminded me of "King Arthur" starring Clive Owen and Keira Knightley.

Not confusing/distracting audiences?
Why would it confuse anybody? No one will think "Why doesn't Superman's Dad just get that Iron Monger suit?"

Nobody says "Bill Murray already did a comedy. People will get confused." Or "Bruce Willis already saved the day in an action movie. He can't do it in another one."

Why would it confuse anybody? No one will think "Why doesn't Superman's Dad just get that Iron Monger suit?"

Nobody says "Bill Murray already did a comedy. People will get confused." Or "Bruce Willis already saved the day in an action movie. He can't do it in another one."

They might say "Bill Murray already starred in a comedy about busting ghosts, didn't he?"

As when writing an encyclopedia artical, you have to treat the audience like they're dumb. If not confused, like I said, they may be distracted.

But if they can get away with casting Bridges as Pa Kent, I'm down for it, man.

Costner could be pretentious but I doubt it. He feels like one of those active actors. He campaigned for Barrack and according to Deadline he aided in that oil spill clean up. However to say that he is not a good actor is wrong. His body of work is solid. Anyways I'd be happy to see him as either Jor-el or Jonathan Kent. Finally some star power.

He has a handful of good films in the beginning but he has fallen off quite a bit. Obama has nothing to do with anything, and I find that whole oil spill thing to be rather self-serving.

Open range was definitely an underrated western and I actually preferred Costner's Robin Hood to Ridley Scotts version. The latest one just didn't feel like Robin Hood and lacked fun. And Robin Hood shot his arrow about 3 times in the whole film.

I thought Robin Hood was terrible. He lacks the charisma and charm for that role. And what's with the old english language without having an accent when even Christian Slater has one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXTj5nd2oKQ

he was great in mr brooks very underrated film and different role for him

He has a handful of good films in the beginning but he has fallen off quite a bit. Obama has nothing to do with anything, and I find that whole oil spill thing to be rather self-serving.

He might be self serving or he might be genuine. It's hard to tell sometimes but it feels wrong to dismiss someone's good deed on a hunch. Also some people feel the need to contribute and do more as they get older. I'm not saying that Costner is a great person. But to say that someone like Costner can't improve and become a better person says a lot about how we view ourselves in a way.

I think most actors and actresses have their 'fall' in Hollywood but it doesn't mean that they haven't done anything worth while or have a chance for redemption.

Yes, Costner sucked (for the most part) in the late 90s (post-Water World) but he's doing okay now.

I just don't get the obsession with society to judge other people's lives. The dude's got more done with his life than most if not all of us here.

he was great in mr brooks very underrated film and different role for him

I agree. I thought he did a great job, and the fact that he
kills Dane Cook character with shovel to th throat at the end was an added bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"