The Official Casting The Superman Reboot Thread - Part 2

What is everyone's opinion on Rupert Grint as Jimmy Olsen? Not that I think he is the best choice, nor do i think he would even do it, however I feel like if he was Jimmy Olsen the movie would make just that much more money from all the Harry Potter fans that go and see him

What is everyone's opinion on Rupert Grint as Jimmy Olsen? Not that I think he is the best choice, nor do i think he would even do it, however I feel like if he was Jimmy Olsen the movie would make just that much more money from all the Harry Potter fans that go and see him

Given on how big of a star he is already from the HP franchise and how much money he must have made from it as well, I don't think that he'd be interested in portraying a minor role like Jimmy. That, and given how fresh he still is as Ron in the minds of the public, it'd probably be more distracting than anything to see him in such a different role so soon, especially in a franchise like this.

it'd probably be more distracting than anything to see him in such a different role so soon, especially in a franchise like this.

I never understood this. That's what actors do, people can differentiate actors in their roles.

At least Kate Bosworth isn't involved in MOS!:woot:
I could only imagine what would have happened if BR had a real actress as LL in SR.
Oh well, at least the casting news on MOS hasn't disappointed!

I'm at a casting call for extras in Chicago as I type this. The movie is shooting under Autumn Frost.

If you're in the city, come down to 1010 w. Chicago ave. It's open until 4. Prepare for lines that resemble a new Apple product releasing.

I'm at a casting call for extras in Chicago as I type this. The movie is shooting under Autumn Frost.

If you're in the city, come down to 1010 w. Chicago ave. It's open until 4. Prepare for lines that resemble a new Apple product releasing.

Where's a teleporter when you need one? Wish I was there...

Damn it. I was just in Chicago a few weeks ago too.

It would be funny if they used Trump Tower as LexCorp Tower, because of the Trump/Luthor similarities. And also because it was used in TDK, when it was still under construction.

Geoffrey Rush or John Goodman for Perry
James Gandolfini or Denzel Washington for Dan Turpin.

He's definitely in my top 10 of choices. I don't think he'd be opposed to taking a smaller role from the HP series.
Bruce Campbell for Perry White.
For some reason, this sounds amazing to me.

I'd like Bruce as Jax-Ur just as much. Plus then he'd get to do some damage!

Jimmy Olsen - let' see.

Young, tallish and lanky - no Sam Huntington type please. I never got his being cast as Jimmy in SR but then there was virtually no SR casting choice that I got.

I remember there was a good Lois & Clark Jimmy. They had 2 Jimmy actors as one was "too hot" supposedly and competed with Cain in that department. In any case it wasn't Justin Whelan but the other L&C Jimmy who physically really fit the role. Someone like that would be my choice.

Last edited:
Both Jimmy Olsens from the show were not right in the slightest. Sam Huntington was a great upgrade that we sadly won't have again. :csad:

The guy that played Banshee in First Class would be good for Jimmy.

Probably a longshot, but he matches the A-list casting so far.

For Jimmy:

haley_joel_osment_safety_first_dude_1.jpg

So, I've been working my way through Battlestar Galactica, and the whole time I've been thinking how awesome Edward James Olmos would be as Perry White.

Then, last night, I watched that ****fest The Green Hornet, and all my hopes were shattered.

So, I've been working my way through Battlestar Galactica, and the whole time I've been thinking how awesome Edward James Olmos would be as Perry White.

Then, last night, I watched that ****fest The Green Hornet, and all my hopes were shattered.

No reason he couldn't still do it.

I would blame that fully on the Green Hornet script and story, not Olmos. If you're handed ***** to read, you can dress it up any way you want - it's still *****. I still think he'd make a good Perry White with the right direction.

Must rewatch my BSG DVDs, what an awesome show that was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"