The Official Danny Huston/Stryker Discussion Thread

You know, so far this movie is having some pretty crappy casting. Hopefully it'll get better as it goes on.

I was hoping Michael C. Hall would get cast as Stryker. I like him.

You know, so far this movie is having some pretty crappy casting. Hopefully it'll get better as it goes on.

what do mean crappy?

Huston is damn good( go see The Proposition), along with the unlikely Liev and the hot Morgan.

what do mean crappy?

Huston is damn good( go see The Proposition), along with the unlikely Liev and the hot Morgan.

I agree! So far I like this cast a lot.

Now all I need to know is who some of these surprise characters are going to be.:woot:

I hope that Gambit rumour isn't true. I don't see how or why he would be in this film if most of it is in the past.

I was really liking the idea of Hall, (I wonder, (if the rumors of him being mentioned were true) if they changed their minds on him, if he turned it down, or if he just wasn't available ??)anyway, Huston could work, too

kinda surprised, he's alil older then I thought they'd go with the casting, though, he's still alot younger then Cox's (actually 16 years younger, so, that’s, I guess, about right to where the movie has been said to be set, right??)

but, ya, there's is a pretty decent resemblances, and he's a good actor, this could be interesting

Spider-Fan83 you bring up a good point.

They went too old with this guy. They shoulda just rejuvenized Brian Cox the way they did with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in the beginning of X3. The process they used worked great at shaving off 20 years.

-TL

Surprising....

I had my eyes set on Hall but Huston is a good actor and i can see him as Stryker.:up:

I think Huston was in The Fountain with Jackman. So they already know each other which is a plus.

Edit - They weren't in The Fountain together. My mistake.:O
I was really liking the idea of Hall, (I wonder, (if the rumors of him being mentioned were true) if they changed their minds on him, if he turned it down, or if he just wasn't available ??)anyway, Huston could work, too
Isn't he doing Dexter? It could be that Wolverine's schedule conflicted with the show's.

They went too old with this guy. They shoulda just rejuvenized Brian Cox the way they did with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in the beginning of X3. The process they used worked great at shaving off 20 years.

-TL
That process is way too time consuming and (i imagine) very expensive too.Sure it's fine for a 2 minute scene like in X3 but an entire movie? As much as liked Cox i think you're better off spending that kind of money on a younger actor.

hmm. Houston is a great actor. He definitely knows how to play a villain but I'm still not sure about him as Stryker.

If anyone gets HBO, IGN reports that Huston is playing Sam Adams in the HBO miniseries "John Adams" that airs in March.

The movie is 15 years before X2.... don't think this guy is too old at all.

brian_cox.jpg

006CHOM_Danny_Huston_002.jpg

He's got the looks... put on some weight and he'll be spot on... then again maybe Stryker was thin back in the day.

Anybody else find Huston incredibly charismatic? almost every time i see him in a role i find myself captivated by the way he speaks. i dunno why, i just love the guys voice and the way he works his facial expressions.

While I think Hall is an amazing actor, I think Huston looks more like Cox. So im pretty satisfied with this casting.

He's a talented character actor so he should work just fine.

-TL

Money. Would be way to expensive. btw, that scene in x3 was 10 minutes long. hell, it was even hazy looking so it wasn't that great..

Huston is a great choice and a very talented actor. I'm sure he'll be well suited for Stryker...Good casting.

i'm just noticing, by some people's reaction, that Huston is sadly underrated and kinda overlooked.

Octoberist, how can you say this is "hazy looking"?

x3cgi2gb8.jpg

x3cginm3.jpg

Ian McKellen looks amazing, Stewart not that much but definetely younger. The scene was great and it was a cool unexpected surprise for being the beginning of the film.

-TL

I loved the supposed casting of Liev as Stryker. Unfortunately, that was ripped away! Huston is definitely not a terrible replacement - he isn't a wonderful one, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"