The Official Devil May Cry Thread

Is it as satirical as the reboot? I'm really digging the comedy of it, but I'm assuming the originals were self serious. Though, I'm mostly going by the promotional stuff I think I've seen of it over the years.
No the original DMC didn't take it's self too seriously ether. the thing was the creator made so that while Dante was a Stylish man (man they pushed that interviews )he was a pizza lover Ala ninja turtles and down on his luck exterminator of demons . cause he would always have his checks bounce and had worse luck at the gambling tables.

the problem was with the earlier games, that story was ether secondary or an after thought and when they finally thought story was important it showed up in DMC3 special edition and DMC 4 and the anime to show case why Dante was trying to stop his twin brother.

He made a promiss to his mother not to let Virgil's quest for vengeance against the demon world for taking her life swallow him whole tske humnity with him cause he was screw over the rest of the world to get his vengeance . virgil quest though it's kill those from the demon world obsessed with bringing sparda back or facing him in a dual for ruling both their realm and human wolrd keep seeking sparda out on earth like how people would come to Bruce lee's house to fight him in dual.

But he's acting like thpse demons him self to do so. which means he doesn't give damn about other people around him anymore.

but the demons went as far as to kill Dante and Virgil's mother when sparda supposed disappeared.

This was told in the anime. but because it wasn't in the game some gamer's try to write it off . Even though capcom push's it as canon with the older game series.

but there are versions of jokes in the game's and that anime series. just not an over load of swearing(doesn't matter to me too much, but they did over do it in the reboot) with it like the new one has.

Dante did swear just not to the level the recent reboot went to. I don't think in games. the anime had few. But excessive? nope .

I think the real issue at least with fans of the older series was the head of reboot game started his own problem was dissing older series in video. I've noticed alot brits that writers or any one of them in the in the entertain biz seem to have this weird ego thing going and start insulting anything that came before them make overly known this happened the comic industry with marvel when both Joe Casey & Grant Morrison came about and did the same have
half the fan base hate their work especially after wards when their run's were over. .

Not sure why they are interested in stirring things up and getting people mad at them. Then again I don't care any more . He put him self in that position

Last edited:
Is it as satirical as the reboot? I'm really digging the comedy of it, but I'm assuming the originals were self serious. Though, I'm mostly going by the promotional stuff I think I've seen of it over the years.

The first 2 games were more serious but back then Dante had no personality. He wasnt that great a character. That changed with 3 which is closest in tone with DmC.

No, they aren't satirical at all, nor are they really all that serious. DmC, tone-wise, is a major, major departure from the series beforehand.

The first 2 games were more serious but back then Dante had no personality. He wasnt that great a character. That changed with 3 which is closest in tone with DmC.
tumblr_nfv411Sgm61syag2xo1_r4_400.gif

Absolutely loving this game, just started to playing it again tonight as Transformers Devastation has been taking up my time, but really loving DMC.

The games are on sale on PSN now. With Plus, DmC is $12 and DMC4 is $14. Tempting indeed

Is it the full version of DmC? The one released for the PS4?

Yep! I probably should have specified but I dont really think about the PS3 much anymore
I don't blame you. I still own two and I forget. :funny:

Thank you for the info Havok. Think I might pick it up at that price. :up:

Be warned even though this article is saying this it could be just about anything like separate ip all together. so don't get your hope up too high.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Hideaki Itsuno to announce new game in 2017[/FONT]

Published 10 hours ago. 89 comments.
Could a new Devil May Cry be on the horizon?

Hideaki-Itsuno-Teases-Game-2017.jpg

Hideaki Itsuno, director of the Devil May Cry series and Dragon’s Dogma, will announce a new game in 2017, he said on Twitter.

“Happy New Year! I exert myself in order to announce a new game this year. Thank you,” said Itsuno in a tweet.

The Devil May Cry series recently celebrated its 15th anniversary. Could a Devil May Cry 5 finally be on the horizon?

Read More

Industry, Capcom, Hideaki Itsuno, Teasers, Unannounced Game

source: Gematsu

Completed DmC DE and loved it, finished Virgil's Downfall also which was really good but I prefer playing as Dante. I don't really platinum games but just may with this one as I enjoyed it so much.

Would love a sequel but understand it's unlikely.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Hideaki Itsuno’s new game is “progressing smoothly”[/FONT]
Published 16 hours ago. 110 comments.

"Please look forward to the announcement."
Hideaki-Itsuno_06-18-17.jpg

After previously teasing a new game announcement in 2017, Hideaki Itsuno—who directed Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4, Dragon’s Dogma, and Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen—has posted an update on Twitter apologizing for his game’s lack of appearance at E3 2017.

“I’m sorry I didn’t announce anything at E3,” Itsuno said. “My project is progressing smoothly, so please look forward to the announcement.”
Thanks, NeoGAF.

Read More

Industry,Capcom,Hideaki Itsuno,Unannounced Game

source: Gematsu

I know I will be in the minority, but I am really hoping it's DmC 2. I ended up platinuming the first as I enjoyed it that much.

I know I will be in the minority, but I am really hoping it's DmC 2. I ended up platinuming the first as I enjoyed it that much.

DmC was made by Ninja Theory, not Capcom's internal Japanese studio. Itsuno isnt making DmC 2

Last edited:
I guess we'll have to wait till the Tokyo Game Show to find out if this project is DMC5.

DmC was made by Ninja Theory, not Capcom's internal Japanese studio. Itsuno isnt making DmC 2

Ah, that puts paid to that idea then. Loved DMC a lot and would to see a sequel set after Virgil's Downfall.

Me too. I love both universes so I wouldn't be opposed to them collapsing and the two Dantes meeting each other.

Oh well, if it's at least a new Devil May Cry game, I'm good.

Me too. I love both universes so I wouldn't be opposed to them collapsing and the two Dantes meeting each other.

why do I have this feeling if that happen's there will be gangs of new york fight's all over the world between the two faction of fans of these games?

yeah I'm gonna try and not think of this it's a nice to have though about for second. Then reality hit.

I seriously doubt that they are going to make a sequel to DmC. Classic Dante is in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite and I expect any new DMC game to be about classic Dante.

why do I have this feeling if that happen's there will be gangs of new york fight's all over the world between the two faction of fans of these games?

yeah I'm gonna try and not think of this it's a nice to have though about for second. Then reality hit.
This wouldn't be a fight. the reaction to DmC was so poor from the fanbase, the sales were a disaster.

DmC was my first ever exposure to either universe and I loved the hell out of it. It's the first and only game I have ever gone to to the trouble of getting the platinum for. I still miss playing it even after the platinum as I sold it due to having a large backlog.

I will not get my hopes up, I will not get my hopes up, I will not get my hopes up...

I know I am going to be in a minority here, but I would love a DmC 2. Really enjoyed the DE of the first game.

I know I am going to be in a minority here, but I would love a DmC 2. Really enjoyed the DE of the first game.

what did you actually like about it? I cant think of one redeeming quality after playing the remaster a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"