The Official Devil May Cry Thread

I will always give them credit for the presentation and level design. But I'll never forgive them for entirely botching the characters and lore.

The presentation might be the thing I dislike the most. The game is just... Ugh in every way. Even the gameplay is miles behind.

what did you actually like about it? I cant think of one redeeming quality after playing the remaster a few years ago

Well, keep in mind it’s my first Devil May Cry game.

That being said, I loved the combat, the story, the characters and the world. It’s the first and last game I ever got the platinum trophy for, that’s how much I enjoyed it.

I think Havok83 mistook what you said for Devil May Cry 2, released for the PS2. That one was crap.

I think Havok83 mistook what you said for Devil May Cry 2, released for the PS2. That one was crap.

I did and now his post makes more sense. IA with it. DmC was awesome and I’d love a sequel

Well, I'll stay by my original statement. :oldrazz:

I want to believe, I really do. But...I can't. It all sounds to be good to be true, hell I'd even say too beautiful. I just don't think us gamers are that fortunate anymore. :(

Sounds interesting, but this is like the Superman rumors...I'll believe it when I see it.

I hope it happens. I really liked Nero, and I wanted to see his lineage play out. The only thing concerning in all that to me is the potential amount of playable characters. And if they do go that route, I hope you aren't simply backtracking with a new character like in 4. I still loved the game, and I dug Nero's devil arm mechanic. What could make this more personal for Dante though?

nice the collection is getting remastered.

I'm ready for a new Devil May Cry game. I think it's the right time. I just hope Capcom has realistic sales expectations this time around. Capcom has this ridiculous notion that their IPs still hold the same weight with modern gamers they way they did 10-15 years ago and frankly they don't. They need to be happy if a future Devil May Cry game ships two million at launch budget the games development cost accordingly. Not expect this thing to move 4-5 million and go laughably over budget like they did with RE7.

Well sales are going to be better then they were for DmC. :hehe:

Well sales are going to be better then they were for DmC. :hehe:

I'm not entirely sure about that. I think it could go either way because the damage DmC did to the IP is still being felt. Capcom's focus needs to be salvaging the IP by making the best game they can possibly make while keeping development costs down. This is the biggest mistake they made with RE7. They had team of 130 people working on a proprietary engine for a game that could have been made by 30-50 people using Unreal 4.

I think it will because the big problem was the existence of DmC. It turned off a lot of fans before they ever even played it. The return of the real Dante is going to help. A lot imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"