The Official Fantastic Four Thread - They're kind of all right.

But is it really Marvel itself that wants this, or the Disney folk who now own Marvel? Or is there no point even drawing a line and saying "these are the actual Marvel guys over here and these are just the Disney guys over here"?

The article also says the sales aren't great, but they only included it as a post-script essentially. Might as well rouse the rabble I guess.

Comic sales is something I have actually never looked into so I actually have no idea if FF is doing well (or what would even constitute doing well)

But is it really Marvel itself that wants this, or the Disney folk who now own Marvel? Or is there no point even drawing a line and saying "these are the actual Marvel guys over here and these are just the Disney guys over here"?
From what the rumors are saying it's Marvel itself. Issac Perlmutter, who is the CEO of Marvel Entertainment and one of Disney's largest shareholders, is quite bitter over 20th Century Fox being uncooperative with Marvel over the rights of the Fantastic Four and X-Men. As a result we are seeing Marvel flat out not allowing the Fantastic Four to be used in Marvel's promotions and the X-Men are extremely limited throughout Marvel.

It also makes business sense from Marvel's publishing line since Marvel has given the Fantastic Four numerous attempts to become a AAA seller with Millar/Hitch, Hickman's FF concept, Marvel NOW!, and All-New Marvel NOW! and the sales just aren't holding. The Fantastic Four are in a position similar to the Avengers and Thor ten years ago and a bit of hiatus is needed in order to try and restore demand.

The X-Men are limited? In what sense? Marvel's still publishing a metric f***-ton of X-Men comics, and they're part of the big event going on right now. Other franchises would kill to be that "limited."

The only reason the FF comic is getting outright canceled--if these rumors about Perlmutter's pettiness being the prime mover behind it are even true--is because they sell so terribly he can get away with it. The X-Men remain untouched because they're a huge part of Marvel's profits, and I'm pretty sure you'd have to have some kind of brain damage to write off all that revenue in favor of a petty grudge. At the end of the day, whatever other drama is going on, it still always comes down to sales.

with the stories playing out in the current fantastic book, it seems like a fitting story to go out on. Its a brilliant one at that.

IF you had to predict where the Four(+2) wind up for the extended break up where too?

Sue-is obviously in the Avengers/SHIELD team
Reed- Illuminati
Ben-???
Johnny-???

Franklin-???
Val-???

Maybe Franklin heads to the Jean Grey School? Val is part of a new Future Foundation?

Ben goes to space with the Guardians?

Maybe Johnny and Ben do a Hero for Hire thing?

Thought with the (sadly) final issue out last week I would bump this. Note as it has been out now for 9 days, at this point not sure spoiler tags are still needed but in case do NOT read further if you have not read it yet!!!

A different ending than I thought it would be. I figured they would finish the battle and then agree that the FF should be no more. But it gave off the impression that the FF was going to continue. I enjoyed the final comic and am glad that I will at least see them in the Secret Wars. Something tells me that the FF will be back sooner rather than later.

How many people were reading this last run? Was it any good? Better than Fraction's?

we've never see Alex Ross and William Stryker at the same time...just saying
I know for certain he hates smurfs and unicorns. I have never seen him in a picture with either one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"