The Official Fantastic Four Thread - They're kind of all right.

I kind of felt that way with the first issue, Corp; but, it's been a pretty fantastic read. The latest double-sized issue was really good. The trial of the Fantastic Four shows how they get the Future Foundation taken away from them, and why the must disband. Robinson makes good points on behalf of the prosecution. I whole-heartily recommend Robinson's version, especially after the last series was so dang awful. This is now one of my favorite books Marvel is producing.
Hmm, maybe I'll hunt it down someday. Right now I need to work on reducing my pull list a bit, unfortunately.

You know how Singer said X-Men is the bastard child of the Marvel universe? I think that way with the Fantastic Four.

Forgot exactly where I read it, but I read now that the book is safe.

I love the title of this thread.

i read a bit of fractions run and it turned me off of FF. But robinson's run has been quite awesome! its a roller coaster ride! And the art is some of the best ,in my opinion. def one of my favorite books, i look forward to it each month, more so than others

I feel like Marvel is being run by complete morons right now.

That still doesn't make any type of sense from any standpoint.

Not selling well? Hype for the movie should boost sales.
Want to **** over Fox? Mess with the storylines so the movie would look stupid no matter what they do.
Doing it out of spite? ???

Considering the fact that MOST of the movie going audience doesn't read comics, (Hell, most of the comic buying audience doesn't read the FF either for that matter.)why the f**k would canceling the book make any kind of difference to Fox?

I don't know. Sounds like boos**t to me. I figure Marvel's just gonna cancel them for awhile, then bring em back again with an all new #1.

Yeah, it's only a matter of time before they relaunch.

Iron Man sales didn't exactly sky rocket even though he's the most bankable movie. Likewise with the other Avenger solo titles. GOTG seems to be the main exception and I think that came from most comic readers being unfamiliar with the team themselves. It was something new for alot of Marvel fans. Wasn't really the movie going public going to buy comics with the hype.

Last edited:
Considering the fact that MOST of the movie going audience doesn't read comics, (Hell, most of the comic buying audience doesn't read the FF either for that matter.)why the f**k would canceling the book make any kind of difference to Fox?

I don't know. Sounds like boos**t to me. I figure Marvel's just gonna cancel them for awhile, then bring em back again with an all new #1.

Pretty much. People need to just calm down, because it's clearly being blown completely out of proportion by people like those at that site.

It's not like they haven't done stuff like this before. Look at what they did with Thor. They cancelled him is '04 and he wasn't heard of for about 3 years, and when he came back, he came back huge and has kept a good amount of that popularity since.

And has been said, movies don't exactly guarantee a jump in comic sales either. So really, Marvel isn't losing out on too much if the comics sales aren't doing well for them.

Let the excitement build back up for them. The most recent run has been lame anyway, and there's no way they're gone for good. I mean, frigging Moon Knight keeps getting chances, why can't the FF? They'll be back before the movie.

Well until it is back, here is one person that will no longer purchase a Marvel comic book again.

This isn't just the comic though. Marvel apparently doesn't want the characters to appear in comics at all and supposedly is halting production on any merchandise.

Marvel denied, denied and denied but at least one thing has become fact. It's probably true about the rest.

This isn't just the comic though. Marvel apparently doesn't want the characters to appear in comics at all and supposedly is halting production on any merchandise.

Marvel denied, denied and denied but at least one thing has become fact. It's probably true about the rest.
Well thats not true bc Reed is in New Avengers and Time Runs Out reveals that Sue will be an Avenger so they will be active in the Avengers line next year

Yeah, it's looking like the FF will still be around. I'm not too broken up about their comic's cancellation. If it is indeed because of corporate drama, that's stupid, but in practical terms, it's not a big deal. I wasn't interested in their current series anyway, I can still read about Sue and Reed, at least, and Johnny and Ben will probably turn up somewhere as well. Maybe they won't wear their costumes or call themselves the Fantastic Four, but they'll be around.

They'll split F4 up and place them in Avenger related titles. I even believe they'll pull back on some of their X-books (but not completely cancel them). A lot of the X-characters will be pulled in the world of Avengers as well by either joining them or solo titles that are more Avenger ecentric. It's a sad day to be a Marvel fan but I don't believe it will last but until then make mine Idependent Publishers.

seems like a ridiculous decision on marvel's part
can't really hurt F4 merchandise sales here atleast, personally i haven't seen any fantastic four stuff in a very long time

They'll split F4 up and place them in Avenger related titles. I even believe they'll pull back on some of their X-books (but not completely cancel them). A lot of the X-characters will be pulled in the world of Avengers as well by either joining them or solo titles that are more Avenger ecentric. It's a sad day to be a Marvel fan but I don't believe it will last but until then make mine Idependent Publishers.
It's pretty obvious that Marvel will be pulling back on their X-books soon. All-New X-Factor has been confirmed to be cancelled by PAD, X-Force, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, and Storm are exhibiting similar sales and will most likely end around the same time; All-New X-Men is bound to end eventually, Wolverine is going away for a while; Deadpool is being treated more and more along the lines of a Marvel Universe character, not an X-Men character; Wolverine & the X-Men is getting replaced with Spider-Man & the X-Men and will probably be treated more along the lines of a Spidey-book; and so on.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the X-Men line get pared down to just Uncanny X-Men and X-Men in the near future.

Yeah, there's over a dozen X related books out there right now so it's inevitable some of those are gonna get the chop. Most those X solos are not gonna last within the year. X-Force will probably get relaunched with a new creative team fairly quick, and the Spidey book won't be a long term thing.

I'd imagine Axis is gonna shake up that world and titles when all is said and done as well.

seems like a ridiculous decision on marvel's part
can't really hurt F4 merchandise sales here atleast, personally i haven't seen any fantastic four stuff in a very long time
They will just increase sales by telling everyone it's the "final issue", and then relaunch with hopefully a plan to sell more issues in the long run.

No reason for them to announce the relaunch this early, but they do this all the time. If 3 years go by without any F4 on the shelves then it's time to be worried. Otherwise this seems fairly normal to me given how DC and Marvel have been going the past years when sales get low.

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that Marvel will be pulling back on their X-books soon. All-New X-Factor has been confirmed to be cancelled by PAD, X-Force, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, and Storm are exhibiting similar sales and will most likely end around the same time; All-New X-Men is bound to end eventually, Wolverine is going away for a while; Deadpool is being treated more and more along the lines of a Marvel Universe character, not an X-Men character; Wolverine & the X-Men is getting replaced with Spider-Man & the X-Men and will probably be treated more along the lines of a Spidey-book; and so on.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the X-Men line get pared down to just Uncanny X-Men and X-Men in the near future.
As it should be. There should be 2 core X-books and maybe 2 satellite titles. The numbers that they rose two in the last decade was ridiculous

The amount of X-Men and Avenger books has become completely ridiculous.

The amount of X-Men and Avenger books has become completely ridiculous.
I recall reading that even Marvel has recognized that the Avengers brand has been over extended in the comics and the line will be getting pared down following Hickman's run.

as far as the avengers go. If it was up to me id only want....

Avengers main book
new Avengers
Mighty Avengers

thats it

x men

uncanny xmen.... one big family again.
xmen .... the lady x book, because honestly i absolutely love it

thats it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"