Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

GAMBIT2012007COV_COL.jpg

GAMBIT #7
JAMES ASMUS (W)
DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
• Gambit is on the lam as an enemy of the British Empire, hunted by Pete Wisdom and MI13!
• And to make matters worse, the criminal mastermind keeping Gambit on a leash now wants him dead.
• Can Gambit play the two sides against each other and save his own skin?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Gambit and Pete Wisdom? Nothing wrong with that! :D

Hmmm like this cover a lot better then he last one.

Apparently the last couple of issues have sold out and getting second printings.

Good because they both have been great so far. :)

Yeah, I'm really looking forward the upcoming issues (although the last revealed covers suck art-wise). And I'm so glad it looks like Gambit will finally get a good story and character portrayal.

The only thing missing now is a film........ :D

Awesome this series going more than 4 issues... and I like that the story is kept fairly grounded.

prv13671_cov.jpg

prv13671_pg1.jpg

prv13671_pg2.jpg

prv13671_pg3.jpg

GAMBIT #3
James Asmus (w) • Clay Mann (a/C)
• Desperately searching for a means to destroy the pilfered artifact that’s cursed him, Gambit journeys deep into the jungles of Guatemala with a mysterious ally, in search of a lost temple. But instead of answers, he may just find betrayal!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Something to look forward to. :D

Comments on Gambit #3 anyone? I thought it was great. I have high hopes for the rest of the series. :D

Seems like our Cajun got a good showing this week both in Gambit and Astonishing. Glad to see Tyger Tyger again!

Gambit 3 was just as much fun as the first two. Good to see that it isn't losing any steam. :)

Well, I don't know if this is some kind of tease or not, but on the last page of X-men vrs Avengers, there was a shameless plug for the upcoming Uncanny Avengers, a book I was planning to disregard --- until they showed just a quick glimpse of the roster and Gambit's face was there. Is this just a tease? Or do they plan to use him for reals..?

Finally got my scanner working.....

uncannyavengersgambit.jpg

Gambit's face to the right.....

Not to long ago the writer of Uncanny Avengers said he wasn't a fan of Gambit, unless that was a lie. Maybe their could be another team of X-Men/Avengers?

Hmmmm....I won't believe it until I see it.

That being said, Marvel has been awfully nice to Gambit lately. He has had good showings in Astonishing, Gambit and Avengers Academy recently.

Avengers Acadamy you say? What issues and are they worth picking up individually as I don't read the series at all?

I'm enjoying the solo series so far, hope it keeps going. Does anyone know if it is doing well on sales? I asked at my local store and it is not selling well there. But it is a smaller store in a smaller town area, so I'm hoping that's just my area. Side note: I'm also getting some trades and hardcovers of early 90s X-men comics and they go really heavy on his accent, as opposed to this series that displays it sparingly, if at all. It's really weird going back and forth reading like that. Do you guys and girls prefer the heavy accent, or the light one, and have they explained why this writer isn't utilizing it as much?

The accent has always come and gone depending on who the writer is. :)

Have they ditched the trench coat? Haven't seen it in any scans, just only in the cover #1.

The coat comes and goes too, depending on the situation. I can see how it might be a liability. :p

Avengers Acadamy you say? What issues and are they worth picking up individually as I don't read the series at all?

The most recent one, whatever that is...I don't read it-just saw some pages posted online with Gambit talking to X23 and giving, I think, Reptile dating advice.

I'll keep an eye out for it at my shop tomorrow. Maybe I can skim some pages without getting seen. They don't lke us reading without buying, lol. Thanks. :)

Someone reviewed #39 which came out just last week. It supposedly contained a flag football match with the cast of Wolverine and the X-men kids. Does that sound like the one you loked at?

Last edited:
I'll keep an eye out for it at my shop tomorrow. Maybe I can skim some pages without getting seen. They don't lke us reading without buying, lol. Thanks. :)

Someone reviewed #39 which came out just last week. It supposedly contained a flag football match with the cast of Wolverine and the X-men kids. Does that sound like the one you loked at?

Yup, that sounds like it! I wish X 23 will come back to the main X titles. She has become one of my favorite X Men over the years.

It was the right book and yes it was nice to see that Gambit not only got to say a few lines but he was in TWO WHOLE pages! :eek: That's more love than he's had in the other books lately. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"