Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

That's good news! It seems a lot of people over on the Marvel boards seem to really like the series. Hope sales are good enough to keep our Cajun going solo for a while
Me, too, but these things usually die around 12 issues or so. :(

In this day and age, it doesn't hurt that it's $2.99. That might be a huge boon for the series, where before it never really mattered.

Still, my dream right now would be for Remender to do something with Gambit. If only.

I like this book. Much didn't happen in issue two but just to see Gambit using he's non powered skills is just refreshing. He's a thief like Storm and that needs to be remembered.

Hey peoples! Anyone miss me? I've been away from the Gambit topic for too long.

I think this new comics series is just great until so far. I think Mann is a great artist and it's been too long since Gambit was drawn in such a good way. So, yeah exciting times. I like the story too. Finally we get to see Gambit being how he is supposed to be...

There's just one thing that worries me (see below)...

I'm not sure, but is Mann quitting the art from issue 5 on? :huh:
Because that art below is just horrible... :(

GAMBIT2012005COV_COL.jpg

GAMBIT #5 & #6
JAMES ASMUS (W) • DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
• Coerced by a criminal mastermind, Gambit is sent to the United Kingdom to heist the greatest weapon in the history of man: Excalibur.
• How will Marvel’s premiere thief manage to dupe his extortionist while also escaping with a clear name?
• Guest-starring Pete Wisdom and MI13!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (EACH)

Hi guys, just wanted to say to someone (lol) that today, walking by the "bouquinists" or book sellers, at the border of the Seine river in Paris, I started rummaging through some comics this guy was selling and I found X-Men 25 February 1999 and X-Men 26 March 1999. In the firs one, Rogue and Gambit are in the cover and in the second one, it's Gambit. My dream come true!! And they're all mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: They're in french though, but it's okay, I'm taking a french course here :yay:

GAMBIT2012005COV_COL.jpg

GAMBIT #5 & #6
JAMES ASMUS (W) • DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
• Coerced by a criminal mastermind, Gambit is sent to the United Kingdom to heist the greatest weapon in the history of man: Excalibur.
• How will Marvel’s premiere thief manage to dupe his extortionist while also escaping with a clear name?
• Guest-starring Pete Wisdom and MI13!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (EACH)

Yes Pete Wisdom and MI-13, I've missed them. Wait a minute, who's actually in MI13 nowadays, Blades back in the States and Captain Britains in the Secret Avengers??.....

Hi guys, just wanted to say to someone (lol) that today, walking by the "bouquinists" or book sellers, at the border of the Seine river in Paris, I started rummaging through some comics this guy was selling and I found X-Men 25 February 1999 and X-Men 26 March 1999. In the firs one, Rogue and Gambit are in the cover and in the second one, it's Gambit. My dream come true!! And they're all mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: They're in french though, but it's okay, I'm taking a french course here :yay:
Still sounds like a great find. :up:

Yes Pete Wisdom and MI-13, I've missed them. Wait a minute, who's actually in MI13 nowadays, Blades back in the States and Captain Britains in the Secret Avengers??.....
Love me some Wisdom. :D I was so bummed when that last Excalibur run with him was cancelled.

Still sounds like a great find. :up:

Love me some Wisdom. :D I was so bummed when that last Excalibur run with him was cancelled.

Didn't you read the Wisdom mini or Captain Britain & MI:13 with Pete in it??

Nope, sure didn't. And after the turds of Dark X-Men, Soldier Zero, Stormwatch, and Demon Knights, I'll never go back and read Captain Britain & MI:13 either.

Because those four titles were ****ing horrible.

Didn't you read the Wisdom mini or Captain Britain & MI:13 with Pete in it??
Yup I sure did, both of them, and they were great. Totally bummed when MI:13 was cancelled. :(

James Asmus at Twitter and Facebook:
"Bad news: Gambit #3 is not coming out on 9/12 as originally said. It'll be 9/26. :( Good news: While Clay Mann & I were signing around LA this week, he gave me THIS :)"

Bummer news, but at least we have some eye candy to look at... for the girls among us. ;)

Too bad the bath towel is blocking our view. :funny:

Attachments

• 393246_136331259846636_1423953609_n.jpg
    393246_136331259846636_1423953609_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 12
"Bad news: Gambit #3 is not coming out on 9/12 as originally said. It'll be 9/26. :( Good news: While Clay Mann & I were signing around LA this week, he gave me THIS :)"

Bummer news, but at least we have some eye candy to look at... for the girls among us. ;)

Clay Mann getting the job done!:woot: Let's hear it for equal opportunity sexual exploitation in comics!

its not exploitation if it's equal! then it's just.. sexiness :woot:

Hold it outside of a certain King of Alatais how many male superheroes run around in revealing costumes lol? When that happens it may be on an equal level.

Last edited:

Works for me! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"