Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

It was the right book and yes it was nice to see that Gambit not only got to say a few lines but he was in TWO WHOLE pages! :eek: That's more love than he's had in the other books lately. :(

Don't feel bad...Gambit has had a great treatment lately compared to a whole lot of X men heavy hitters. AvX in particular has been brutal. We should be thankful that he has kept clear of that mess. It must really suck to be a Cyclops fan right now...

Cyclops is going through the Gambit/Deathbit phase of life. Thing is, since he is considered an A lister and Remy is not, it probably won't be long before Cyke gets rehabbed and back in the fold. I doubt it will be as long a wait as we had to go through before Remy was back on an X team.

By the way, from what I have seen and read, Gambit did not appear in Uncanny Avengers, but that doesn't mean he won't down the road. I'll have to keep an eye out for him...

Cyclops is going through the Gambit/Deathbit phase of life. Thing is, since he is considered an A lister and Remy is not, it probably won't be long before Cyke gets rehabbed and back in the fold. I doubt it will be as long a wait as we had to go through before Remy was back on an X team.

By the way, from what I have seen and read, Gambit did not appear in Uncanny Avengers, but that doesn't mean he won't down the road. I'll have to keep an eye out for him...

Well, maybe that's a good thing...I want him as far from Rogue (who also has taken a hit character wise lately) as humanly (or mutantly) possible, and I hear she's in that team now.

I'm with you on that. Time for him to move on to someone else. :)

GAMBIT2012008COV_col.jpg

GAMBIT #8
James Asmus (W) • Pasqual Ferry (A/C)
• Receiving a distress call from an imperiled ESU archaeology team, Gambit makes a detour on his way back to the Big Apple and heads to the Forever City!
• But how exactly will he outwit the hyper-evolved locals and snatch the students (and some loot) from their clutches?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Sweet! That is a nice cover! Clay Mann? (doesn't say on solit)

When is the next issue of Gambit out? I hope my sister manages to get them all so I can pick them up at Xmas!

This wednesday coming up. :D

Sweet! That is a nice cover! Clay Mann? (doesn't say on solit)

When is the next issue of Gambit out? I hope my sister manages to get them all so I can pick them up at Xmas!

Pasqual Ferry. That's the "a/c" in the solicit actually.

I'm enjoying this rump around the world with Gambit. Hope the comic keeps it up.

It was alright. I liked it better when he was interacting with the girl. :( At least Wisdom did show up, if only on the last page.

There was some green floaty dude(not Doop but floaty) they showed through a glass window, but I don't know if he was a regular or not. It's been a while since Mi13 ended, I don't recall who everybody was.There should be more people showing up next ish.

GAMBIT2012009_COV.jpg

GAMBIT #9
JAMES ASMUS (W)
CLAY MANN (A/C)
• Gambit’s hot on the heels of the lady thief who first crossed his path in issue #1!
• But what secret is she hiding that may just spell doom for our hero?
• And how will he manage to steal her away from the horde of super villains she’s surrounded herself with?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

GAMBIT2012009_COV.jpg

GAMBIT #9
JAMES ASMUS (W)
CLAY MANN (A/C)
• Gambit’s hot on the heels of the lady thief who first crossed his path in issue #1!
• But what secret is she hiding that may just spell doom for our hero?
• And how will he manage to steal her away from the horde of super villains she’s surrounded herself with?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Well, here you go Squeeks!

Can't wait to get my hand on these issues! A few more weeks to go!

Yeah, I was happy to see her on the cover. He's just not himself, you ask me, if he isn't trying to impress a lady. :p

^
That is why I like this it is like White Collar, Bond, Hussle rolled into one all of these themes I like. I hope that they bring in storm for an arc just to see her and Gambit do the thief thing as I missed the mini where they had to get Dracula's head.

Yeah, I always liked the two of them together. Just as friends though, nothing more. :)

Which brings up an interesting point...

I'm glad to see Remy making up for lost time and sowing his wild oats, but eventually he will gravitate to a new relationship (he has had 2 serious ones so far). Who do you think will be his new gf? (Hopefully this will be 1-2 years away, but you never know. The editorial staff hasn't been making great decisions lately, imho)¨

Rogue: God no...I was a huge fan of "Romy" back in the day, but it would be a big setback for both Gambit and Rogue characterwise if they get back together. That train has left the station, probably for good now.

Tyger Tyger: good chemistry, but I don't see her leaving Madripoor anytime soon, and I don't see Gambit having a long distance relationship.

Sage: I know there are a lot of fans out there of this pairing, but where the hell is she? She also needs a bit more character development for me to be sold on this.

Joelle: She's pretty much Sage 2.0, with an even more mysterious background and motives. Again, I need more development for me to consider this one. It's just a bit too clique..

Cecilia Reyes: I like her, but no....

Rachel Grey: don't see it. No chemistry there.

Storm: strangely, the best canidate currently. Now before everyone comes at me with torches and pitchforks, I love the friendship these two have. If Marvel wants to put that in jeopardy, then it better be built up well. But Storm has been the one person who has consistantly stood by Gambit's side all these years, and their contrasting personalities compliment each other perfectly. Both of them deserve to have someone awesome (I've always hated Storm's choice of bf's/husband), and think of the beautiful children they could have (just kidding...a little...)

Does anyone else have any canidates?

I'd rather see him with a new prson, no old baggage. Probably why I like him all flirty with this new girl. :)

I'm with squeekness, give him someone new.

EvilClareToo, I gotta disagree with Storm being the best candidate. Even leaving out the fact that Storm was a kid when they met, I don't know, that pairing just seems weird to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the relationship that they have too, I've recently been getting some old X-men issues (from about the time Gambit joined), and I love their bit in it. It seems like a very unique relationship in the X-universe. And speaking of their friendship, have they had any interaction whatsoever in recent years? Those early 90s issues are the only ones I can think of with a direct interaction between the two. They should bring back that dynamic.

To me Gambit and Storm have more of a brother /sister type vibe. Anything more than that just feels... creepy. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"