Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

Was the new Gambit ongoing good? Is it worth reading for somebody that hasn't read much of Gambit's modern stories?

Yeah, the writer has mentioned in most of the interviews that it's very new reader freindly, so none of the Deathbit stuff etc. But if they do bring in past plots they will be reintroduced and won't expect the reader to know everything.

The first issue was pretty easy to understand, Gambits bored teaching/working at the school so he goes on one last heist, and it goes on from there.

GAMBIT2012005COV_COL.jpg

GAMBIT #5 & #6
JAMES ASMUS (W) • DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
• Coerced by a criminal mastermind, Gambit is sent to the United Kingdom to heist the greatest weapon in the history of man: Excalibur.
• How will Marvel’s premiere thief manage to dupe his extortionist while also escaping with a clear name?
• Guest-starring Pete Wisdom and MI13!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (EACH)

I'll buy that for a dollar! :D

prv13374_cov.jpg

prv13374_pg1.jpg

prv13374_pg2.jpg

prv13374_pg3.jpg

prv13374_pg4.jpg

prv13374_pg5.jpg

GAMBIT #2
James Asmus (w)
Clay Mann (a/C)
Variant Cover by TBD
• ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!
• When Marvel’s premiere thief sets his sights on his biggest score yet, he may just end up over his head. It’s going to take more than just playing cards and southern charm to get out of this one!
•BONUS! Bella Donna is NOT in this issue!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Really liking the artist on this book. :D

That's about the only complaint I have with Clay Mann as an artist. His characters tend to be expressonless. It's the same in everything he's done. Still, every artist has flaws so I think he's still really good.

EDIT - Also, considering how much people on this thread loved whining about Gambit not being used, I find it odd that this thread is dead now that he has a whole series dedicated to him...

Go back and see the pages and pages of people complaining about Gambit's misuse and wallpaper status in Legacy and other books. It is a common train of discussion in this thread. I think it's odd that now that he actually is being used well no one is saying a whole lot. Seriously.

I dont think anyone loved whining about Gambit misuse.

I dont think anyone loved whining about Gambit misuse.

Yeah, i don't quite understand that statement.

People are just content now or they've moved on to CBR or GG, this section of the site is dead most of the time anyway.

Last edited:
I don't get the "thread being dead" argument...As far as I can see, this thread has been as active as it usually is....

I would comment more on the new Gambit series, but I have to wait to my next trip to the US or UK to get the issues. Looks great, and everyone seems quite positive about it.

I like Mann's art, since he makes Gambit look gorgeous and sexy, but I get the expressionless complaint. Still better than a whole lot of artists working at Marvel currently.

BTW does anyone think that the girl in the preview looks a whole lot like Sage?

I don't get the "thread being dead" argument...As far as I can see, this thread has been as active as it usually is...

BTW does anyone think that the girl in the preview looks a whole lot like Sage?

Compared to CBR or even GG this section of the site is dead and yes this page is as active as ever.

A couple of people have thought that character was Sage, but the writer confirmed it's not.

Last edited:
Compared to CBR or even GG this section of the site is dead and yes this page is as active as ever.

A couple of people have thought that character was Sage, but the writer confirmed it's not.

Fair enough, but I think the CBR boards have a lot more subscribers than SHH. If you compare this thread to others in the SHH X Men forum, this thread gets a lot of traffic.

I know it's not Sage, just commenting on the likeness.

Fair enough, but I think the CBR boards have a lot more subscribers than SHH. If you compare this thread to others in the SHH X Men forum, this thread gets a lot of traffic.

I know it's not Sage, just commenting on the likeness.

Yep i was talking about the SHH X-Men forum in general in the first place.

A couple of people on CBR were convinced this was Sages grand return :doh:

The whole Hype in general seems to be slowing down as folks wander off elsewhere. This thread is much quieter than it has been in the past. It's only on account of Gambit's new solo that there's been recent activity at all. :(

The whole Hype in general seems to be slowing down as folks wander off elsewhere. This thread is much quieter than it has been in the past. It's only on account of Gambit's new solo that there's been recent activity at all. :(

I think a lot of us are getting older, have real jobs and families, so less time for ranting on the internet about Gambit's latest exploits:cwink:. Now I have to get my 10 year old ready for bed!

Yeah, read him some Gambit, get him raised up right! :D

Even better. :D Gotta keep the love going.

I liked it. I really need to get my scanner updated so I can scan some images. I'm really liking the book so far.

That's good news! It seems a lot of people over on the Marvel boards seem to really like the series. Hope sales are good enough to keep our Cajun going solo for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"