Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas is, but his son?

Bill Gates is a celebrity. Would you recognize his children on the street?

Announcing Bruce's name wasn't done because the door-woman didn't recognize him; it was done because of the formal nature of the charity event.

Exactly. If the Mayor had attended, he also would have been announced. It's not a matter of how famous the individual is or isn't , it's a matter of protocol and formality at a formal function.

Episode 2 of Gotham dropped quite a bit here in the UK. 1.35m (5.9%)
* +1 - 125k (0.8%).

Steep enough drop. I wonder how long until Channel 5 moves it to the dreaded midnight sloton a random cable channel.

And it keeps dropping in the US: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ide-sleepy-hollow-rises-scorpion-flat/317567/

Now is just a matter of when Fox will cancel it, if it drops to less than 5 million (and it will at this rate), it will only last one season.

The fact of the matter is, the producers picked a time period within the mythology of Batman that I can't think of many being interested in enough towards wanting to invest their precious time into watching it all unfold...and it doesn't help that the show isn't blessed with a whole lot of interesting characters.

I can only think of a few characters on this show that are either mildly interesting or entirely captivating to watch.

And when it comes to Bruce Wayne, honestly..if he were only 20 years old right now..with the way that they've been developing him, he would just need to receive his training and then he would be almost ready towards becoming Batman.

And it keeps dropping in the US: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ide-sleepy-hollow-rises-scorpion-flat/317567/

Now is just a matter of when Fox will cancel it, if it drops to less than 5 million (and it will at this rate), it will only last one season.

I love how you're talking with such certainty as if you're some sort of ratings guru. If you bothered to look at the other ratings on FOX this fall, even at 5 million viewers, it will still be one of the highest rated shows on the network right now.

This thing is getting a second season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
· Week two of GOTHAM rose +68% after seven days, from a 2.8/8 to a 4.7/14 among Adults 18-49 – tying NBC’s Blacklist. This once again marks the largest absolute L7 vs L3 gain of any new series that week (+0.5), and the second largest of any series overall (behind Modern Family, which rose 0.6 points in days 4-7).

- With a 5.4/16 season average, GOTHAM remains the season’s #2 new program, behind ABC’s How To Get Away with Murder.
But, you know.... what a fail. :o

I'm glad it gets high ratings. I hope there is at least a second season, if not more.

I think Fox should cancel Gotham 6 months ago, before it was shot, or else Fox is doomed.

Morena Baccarin of FireFly and V has been cast as Leslie Thompkins. Gotham just got alot more interesting:word::hrt:.

We're definirely getting a season 2. Also, I predict that in the next several episodes we're gonba see the show catch its groove and its audience will stabilize.

Morena Baccarin of FireFly and V has been cast as Leslie Thompkins. Gotham just got alot more interesting:word::hrt:.

Lucky Alfred... or will she be Gordon's love interest?

EDIT: Just found the article. Looks like she'll be hooking up with Gordon.

Last edited:
I love this news as fan of Joss Whedon's past TV shows.Morena was great on Firefly and On V.She was also good as villain on Stargate.She has DC exceperence as voice of Black Carney On JLU.

I think they are having it be Thompkins and not Essen that Gordon hooks up it.

Plus it show goes into season 2 she will become a regural.

My guess is that they realize Gordon and Barbara don't have much chemistry so they've brought her on to give him a more interesting love interest and because she may have more chemistry with Mackenzie.

My guess is that they realize Gordon and Barbara don't have much chemistry so they've brought her on to give him a more interesting love interest and because she may have more chemistry with Mackenzie.

A shame, as I like Erin Richards quite a bit.

Perhaps Barbara doesn't make it later on in the season and Baccarin is bought in as her replacement.

I'm not sure how/why people are getting "love interest" out of this news that Thompkins is going to be 'drawn close to Jim Gordon'.

Still, it's Morena, so color me excited.

If someone needs a love interest (which is totally not necessary for Thompkins involvement) how about Bullock. He's eventually going to become a Gordon crusader, they need something (not necessarily a love interest but something) to start softening him up a bit.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-man-at-the-center-of-dcs-tv-multiverse
Gotham has been interesting in that it’s not completely a superhero show but it’s also not completely a procedural; it’s really creating its own niche, which I think can take some time to gel. Where’s your head at in terms of where Gotham is right now?

GJ: I’m a little ahead, but you guys saw Episode 5 this week, right?

Yes, “Viper.”

GJ: Yeah, that was fun — a precursor to Venom. I love Robin [Lord Taylor]; Oswald Cobblepot is such a wonderful character and I think people will be really excited about where he goes. But when Bruno came in to image Gotham, he saw it more like an urban drama. It’s not even a police drama, even though your main characters are cops; it really feels like more of an urban sprawl. We talked about Game of Thrones and how there are all these different factions going on, and it feels like Gotham City is that. The world will continue to grow as new characters are coming in, like Harvey Dent [Nicholas D’Agosto], and others get more to do, like [Edward] Nygma [Cory Michael Smith]. Gotham is this slowly rolling thing, slowly revealing this side of the city and these characters.

To have a show where the first episode lets you know you’re in Gotham City but you’ll likely never see Batman is kind of crazy. What excites you about working on a show that gives you Gotham but not the person who has represented Gotham in the comics for so long?

GJ: The great thing about the potential of Gotham is exploring characters like Oswald Cobblepot. The focus isn’t on a guy in a Batman costume. Which is great. Everyone loves Batman, we want to see Batman — and you will on the big screen; Ben Affleck will be awesome. But you’ve got an opportunity to explore other characters that haven’t gotten this kind of attention. You could have hours and hours of great television to explore how Oswald Cobblepot became The Penguin that we know. Or, how does Edward Nygma go from working forensics to become The Riddler? And so on. To see that city develop, and see Selina Kyle [Camren Bicondova] grow up, and see Bruce [David Mazouz] grow up, and Alfred [Sean Pertwee] — there’s a bunch of stuff coming up with Alfred that Sean is just itching to do because he’s a pretty physical guy, and it’s exciting because you’ll see a different side to Alfred than you’ve seen before. The exploration of these characters is what makes the show worthwhile. I think Oswald has already captured people’s imaginations.

Oh, he’s easily one of the best characters on TV right now.

GJ: Yeah, and, in retrospect, when I bought my Super Powers figures, he was the last one I wanted! The Penguin has always just been this hunk of plastic with an umbrella. Like, why would I want that! Where’s Cyclotron? But Bruno hooked into Oswald, he just found him, said, “What’s his origin?” To have Bruno delve into him that much and have Robin play him as he does, he becomes a totally different character and I don’t think people will look at Penguin the same way when all is said and done.

The other cool thing that I’ve found about Gotham, as a viewer, is it allows you to come up with theories about where everything is going because it’s telling a story you don’t know. For example, my friend and I have a theory about what happens to Fish [Jada Pinkett Smith] and Penguin based on their names.

GJ: Fish Mooney is a great new character. I think Jada Pinkett Smith surprised everybody by delivering that performance and Fish has become such a good character. Like, all the publishers want to put her in the books now because she’s so cool.

One possibility is that new seasons could be on Netflixs rather then broadcast. They could do things they could not get away with on broadcast TV that way.

I like Morena, it'll be interesting to see how they utilize a younger version of Leslie Tompkins.

You know who I'd really like to see on the show?

tumblr_ndq8xqKWvU1s63odho1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back