Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rise of the Penguin
[YT]5dYBfG7qbnY[/YT]

You know who I'd really like to see on the show?

tumblr_ndq8xqKWvU1s63odho1_500.jpg

Aw, bad place yeah! :awesome:

The best part about the ratings is how well they have done i that particular timeslot. This might be lost on some people that aren't from the U.S. but we have something called Monday Night Football that generally stomps out any and all competition. The fact that Gotham airs during this time and does as well as it does with 18-49 demographic says alot. I can't see them canceling it based on this alone. If anything I see Fox moving it to avoid MNF.

My guess is that they realize Gordon and Barbara don't have much chemistry so they've brought her on to give him a more interesting love interest and because she may have more chemistry with Mackenzie.

Well she has to pop out a batgirl first at least. She doesnt live in a clocktower for nothing

Well she has to pop out a batgirl first at least. She doesnt live in a clocktower for nothing

Yeah. The one thing I'm worried about in this series (and it's not ratings) is that they'll "pop out" too much.

I agree with the criticism they were heavy-handed in their introduction of characters that a good portion of the GA will be aware of, but if they go with the "Barbara's pregnant" thing in the 1st season then people here are going to go nuts asking to see baby Richard soon.

I was very happy to see Johns say that he wants all Easter Eggs to hatch, so I pray they stick to the Maroni/Falcone war (with Fish/Penguin undertow) and focus on Gordon & Bullock (and Bruce).

So far I think they're finding their footing.

Yeah.Lol. If anything I think the are kinda rushing the Jim and Barbara dynamics by having them break up when we only are just getting to know them. I think I would have preferred we see them meet and watch their relationship blossom that way as opposed to feeling the need to force them into being an established couple from the get go.

I don't think the writers have broken that relationship off; it might be * strained * right now, but I'm convinced that we haven't seen the absolute last of it just yet.

You know who I'd really like to see on the show?

If they don't introduce a young Tommy Elliot and have Slam Bradley investigating the Elliot murders, they are just wasting their time.

page12.jpg

Obviously Thomas Wayne can't be the doctor in the story at this point, but that's not too big a deal... just reverse the details of the story (Elliot hears about the Wayne murders, gets an idea...)

Danny Cannon has said that there's going to be a Tommy Eliot reference coming, and with Geoff Johns having said that he intends to have every "Easter Egg" put into the series eventually lead to something, I'm pretty sure we'll see Eliot at some point.

Better be a kid in bandages and not a 30 odd year old man :o

So, I started watching this show via on demand last night. I like anything to do with Gordon and Selina, but everything else is kind of boring me. I also think the show is uneccessarily more gory than in needs to be.

So, when is Batgirl going to be born? When Bruce is about 15ish?

Better be a kid in bandages and not a 30 odd year old man :o

Unlike any of the characters/villains who've been aged up, a big part of Tommy Elliott's story is him being childhood friends with Bruce. I can't imagine them making him a lot older than Bruce.

The Cat, The Bat And Gordon
[YT]0LndKqa3rPY[/YT]

'bout time we get more Selina... I was beginning to think her storyline had stalled.

Oh looks like Selina will eventually interact with Bruce I thought it was never going to happen on this show the way its' been going so far.:funny:

Selina sneaking into Bruce's "bedroom". Yawn. So what else is new? :woot:

I like how the faces are modeled after the cast (or, at least, that's what I choose to see).

It dawned on me that there's a fair chance of Penguin getting a start on eventually putting on that extra weight by chowing down at Maroni's restaurant on the regular. I need a webisode series of this.

So there is a sixth game of the World Series set for Monday.
That Preempts Gotham , right?
EDIT: I check the Fox Site,Game 6 is set for Tuesday.
I got bad info, sorry about that .

Last edited:
Probably the best episode so far, the Goat story was creepy and offered some back story on Bullock and why he's the guarded cynic he is, I also didn't see the Dr. Strangette twist coming.

The end scene with Penguin's entrance at the GCPD Precinct and Gordon and Bullock lunging at each other was great. :D

What sucks is that Bullock is at the PERFECT age, imho, for when Batman should already exist.

By the time Bruce becomes Batman, Harvey will be pretty old by then.

Heck, most of Batman's villains will be pretty old by the time Bruce dons the cowl.

Last edited:
I'll give you Harvey, but in no way will the villains we've seen so far be too old by the time Bruce becomes Bats. The big villains we've seen so far (Oswalt, Nygma and next week, Victor Zsasz) are probably mid/late-20s at this point in time. If Bruce starts being Batman at, let's say, age 25, they'll be late 30s/early 40s.

I'll give you Harvey, but in no way will the villains we've seen so far be too old by the time Bruce becomes Bats. The big villains we've seen so far (Oswalt, Nygma and next week, Victor Zsasz) are probably mid/late-20s at this point in time. If Bruce starts being Batman at, let's say, age 25, they'll be late 30s/early 40s.

True...though I can't say the same for Sal Maroni and Falcone, who are normally still around and young enough to react when Batman shows up.

I just hope that they don't introduce the Joker. Seriously, the Joker and Ra's Al Ghul should be the two villains that are off limits, until Bruce becomes of age on the show, and even then...they shouldn't be introduced as villains until after Bruce becomes Batman, which would be at the very end of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"