Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Still a weird number though... WB should have fought for 12/13 episodes, but I guess with the way things are going with FOX, they were lucky to get what they did.

I don't think any of this is written in stone. Networks have the freedom to increase episodes when they see fit, and they still have more than half a year till Gotham S5 comes out.

They are still filming later this summer like usual though. It might not set in stone but they need an episode order quick to plan the whole final season to write the first episode’s script to film it in a couple of months.

10 episodes for the final season. Damn, that is rough.

It's like the final season of Boardwalk Empire having 8 episodes instead of 12. It felt like a rush.

Hopefully they'll make it some of the best 10 or 13 episodes TV has ever seen so another network is bound to buy them over. I do sense that the CW is interested, but I'd rather the DC streaming service do that.

Penguin rumoured for the Matt Reeves Batman. If he does end up going for Penguin hope that the new guy can do justice our boy here lol.

Leading up to the renewal announcement, I saw a lot of talk about WB's desire to get it renewed so it could reach the 100 episode threshold.

13 episodes gets it there. 10 won't.

I'm betting on 13.

I don't give a ****, to be honest. I have reasons to dislike the news, but they don't really apply to the show.

Anyone else find it irritating that they wont make Jerome/Jeremiah the Joker because they didn't want to "dilute the brand" yet next day they pull this sh**?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/5/17431698/joker-jared-leto-standalone-movie-dc-comics-warner-bros

Pretty much the entirety of the show's fanbase, yes.

And it doesn't even make sense. Gotham's coming to an end. Giving Jeremiah the Joker name at the end wouldn't interfere with the Leto movie (gags) at all since it won't even be released by early 2019.

I was so upset when I learned that Gotham is getting canceled. Happy they are getting in a last season, but still, I 've enjoyed this show. One of my favorite TV shows. Seems like the ones I like always get ended too early.
Makes be look forward to seeing the "Enter Batman" show closing and curious how it will play out, but wish we were getting another few seasons.

Camren Bicondova is also saying that season 5 is 10 episodes.

This makes absolutely no sense. They're only a few episodes away from syndication. Why not do between 11 and 13?

Plus, I fear they're going to cut some of the new villains (like the Ventriloquist, Man-Bat, or Lady Shiva) since they're going to have even less time to introduce them AND conclude everything. Maybe that's why they cut the Shiva tease from last season?

But hey, at least it's still getting a final season. Plus it had four seasons. That's more than what Beware the Batman got.

Any word if Peyton List (Ivy)will be back next season?

Anyone else find it irritating that they wont make Jerome/Jeremiah the Joker because they didn't want to "dilute the brand" yet next day they pull this sh**?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/5/17431698/joker-jared-leto-standalone-movie-dc-comics-warner-bros

I do. I've disliked their policy which has affected Deadshot (just when he was getting good) and Deathstroke. At least the policy wouldn't look so strange if they had only the one cinematic version of the character. They want three different Joker projects with two different actors, yet they still won't allow the tv to do the same?

It's a real shame as I think Gotham shows us they can potentially make a live action Batman series work, but they have an odd policy regarding their brand. If they were at least consistent then I could at least understand that being their point of view.

At the very least I would hope they can give him the Joker moniker as they close the show. Cameron has been killing it imo. I'd really like to see a replay of the scene from Burton's Batman where he falls in the chemical vat. Either that or carry on with Jeremiah also being a possible inspiration for Joker feeding into the unknown/multiple choice origin.

I was so upset when I learned that Gotham is getting canceled. Happy they are getting in a last season, but still, I 've enjoyed this show. One of my favorite TV shows. Seems like the ones I like always get ended too early.
Makes be look forward to seeing the "Enter Batman" show closing and curious how it will play out, but wish we were getting another few seasons.

I wasn't upset. I was glad as I thought it would be a good opportunity to close out the show in a proper fashion with Bruce becoming Batman. Last thing I want to see Gotham become is Smallville 2.0 where it just wears out it's welcome to the point people are glad to see it gone.

I am a bit disappointed to see they've cut the number of episodes in half though. I hope they manage to cover most of the hanging plot threads and balance the new villains. I'm interested in how they will tackle Man-bat.

Last edited:
i still think 10 episodes are not enough to make a great final season damn you WB

Cameron Monaghan got a teen choice award nomination for best tv villain for Gotham season 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"