Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Oh yeah, when you put it like that, of course it's the reason I dislike her storyline. It's not like I'm allowed to think bar the message its trying to convey that the character has become grating, her storyline poorly written or executed which is an understandable subjective criticism. No siree. Clearly it's because I have a fragile ego and am threatened by female superiority (even though I like other female characters on the show). Oh how you read me so well, oh wise one. :o

Any yet none of that was in your very immature response at the top of this thread. That's what I was responding to.

Any yet none of that was in your very immature response at the top of this thread. That's what I was responding to.

Probably because it's what the producers said that it was meant to meant to be about female empowerment, and I personally just don't really care for storylines like these when they're written in the most hamfisted, cringeworthy way possible. The show already had that message executed better with more likable characters (Selina) but it just isn't working with Barbara at all, imo, and it irritates me a little.

But whatever. :shrug:

tumblr_p93iiiJRBG1v08u1wo1_540.gif

tumblr_p93iiiJRBG1v08u1wo2_540.gif

tumblr_p93iiiJRBG1v08u1wo5_540.gif

tumblr_p93iiiJRBG1v08u1wo3_540.gif

tumblr_p93iiiJRBG1v08u1wo4_540.gif

Called it. :woot:

I wonder if we'll get a loose adaptation of The War Of Jokes And Riddles. Nygma hasn't interacted with any of the Valeskas (yet).

Because recasting is out of the question for me, if I were the producer (and this is the way I hope they will approach it), I would just let him stay at his true height (might be elevator shoes/ wedges, but no apple box), and put layers on him so he just looks lean, not very thin like he is irl (in that graveyard scene with Jeremiah his shoulder blades visible through his clothes was a bit distracting).

I don't think putting him in a pad suit (like Zachary Levi in Shazam, or maybe that wasn't a pad suit but it looked very much like a pad suit to me) would be a good idea because (1) it's unauthentic/ not genuine, because everyone knows David doesn't look like that (2) Gotham haters (and I swear haters who hate-watch seem outnumber the audience who actually enjoy the show) will just have more reason to laugh/ whine at the show and mock the actor.

And because of that I don't want the show to pretend he's a 6'2 bulky Batman either. I think there's little harm in making Batman a guy with average physical status (Gotham has done differently from the comic with regard to the background, origin stories, etc. of other characters, I don't think being different with regard to the height and build of an otherwise almost perfect Bruce Wayne is that important). In late season 3 Alfred said to Bruce something along the line of "And you plan to take on the man twice your size", and I want them to double it down in the last season, i.e. letting other characters commenting on his foes being twice/ thrice Bruce's size a couple of times, so no ones can accuse of the show of making the audience "pretend David is as bulky as comic book Batman".

And it's all fictional, so I don't really care that much about whether it's realistic anyway. Peggy Carter is shorter than Bruce and she battled men twice her size wearing a pencil skirt and high heels, so who cares.

I have to clarify one thing, I'm not saying that all people calling for recast "haters". It's one thing to say "David is really small/ not muscular enough, they should recast", it's another thing to repeatedly call him "weedy" and "tiny skinny little Mazouz" (3 consecutive synonyms) and repeatedly saying him wearing the suit is "ridiculous". Even though he IS skinny, and him wearing the suit might be ridiculous (personally I don't think so, they can aim for a different aesthetic from the comics), there's a different between being courteous and being condescending.

Considering that season 5 is supposed to focus on Bruce's final steps towards becoming Batman and how he will most likely help Gordon reclaim Gotham from the villains does anyone else feel like Season 4 should have ended with this shot instead?

0ddcb0ff4b5b676f6db4779d1f11e22d.gif

I feel like the producers jumped the gun in using that shot to close season 3 when it would have been more appropriate for this season's finale. Plus they dropped Bruce's whole vigilante arc so quickly this season and never went back to it.

The other one that he doesn't want to talk about for fear of spoiling things... My theory is that it could be TDKR's Mutant Leader and his gang. The climate of the city as we last saw it seems perfect for those guys to play their part.
Balls Nasty :mnm:

I feel like the producers jumped the gun in using that shot to close season 3 when it would have been more appropriate for this season's finale. Plus they dropped Bruce's whole vigilante arc so quickly this season and never went back to it.

Back then, they thought that the series would end in that point. That's why they undid vigilante Bruce the moment they could.

Not sure if it’s legit but there’s someone saying Sean Pertwee told them in London HVFF that season 5 will have 10 episodes (at the signing booth, not the panel, so no one else can verify this). Credibility is low so I won’t link it, but if it’s true then it isn’t a bad idea to get used to it.

There's another person who was there that said the 10 episodes thing is actually in regards to the Pennyworth series and not Gotham.

At the moment, I'd take all of this with a grain of salt.

The Pennyworth thing is is said over the the panel I think, the 10-episode for season 5 is supposedly said to a fan at the signing booth. He said that Sean was very specific too "It isn't 13 episodes as reported. FOX gives us 10."

https://twitter.com/Simon_R_Harding/status/1000452093323436032

Btw this is from TV critic Matt Roush who attended FOX Upfront:

I’m glad to know Fox will give the show a chance to wrap up its story, which the impression I got from the network Upfronts was that young Bruce would finally grow into his Batman identity at the end of the series, which makes a continuation on The CW or anywhere seem unlikely.

https://www.tvinsider.com/692115/ask-matt-the-middle-finale-gotham-last-man-on-earth/

Maybe he was confused as there would have to be 100 episodes for syndication?

...what the f***, Fox?

Was giving it two or three extra episodes for syndication really an arduous deal for you? :doh:

The storylines will probably be rushed now! 13-16 episodes could have helped!!

Last edited:
All in all 88 episodes is the desirable number, 100 is nicer but 98 episodes is so bizarre (not as bizarre as 87 episodes, but still).

FOX probably went “10 episodes. Take it or leave it. No negotiations” and WB gritted their teeth and took it.

A bit worried for S5 with the reduced number of episodes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"