The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Thread Manager, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Cats

Cats Hot-blooded Feline

He deserves an oscar :p

2. Cats

Cats Hot-blooded Feline

Btw, a couple of friends and I started a Bat-Universe role-play that's built on some of the Gotham material, and mish-mash of other comic lore. It's running on Discord. Let me know (via PM) if anyone out there is interested to join.

3. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Teen_Choice_Awards

4. ironman29758

ironman29758 Well-Known Member

5. ironman29758

Here's more info on Bruce, Jim and Gotham in season 5:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this idea that they're running (Barbara I could take it or leave it). Bruce taking up different identities and infiltrating the different villains fractions sounds wonderful especially if it leads up to Bruce becoming Batman. Penguin's base of operations sounds like his Arkham City counterpart sounds amazing.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  6. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

“Covered in tattooed riddles”
    :hmm

7. SkullDevil

SkullDevil The White Portuguese

Still better than Leto. :o

8. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Well-Known Member

At least those are riddles and not the word “Damaged”.

But hell, Gotham has always been cheesy, so I’m not surprised.

9. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

“Damaged” will actually be the answer to the riddle tattooed on his forehead though.

10. dark_knight08

dark_knight08 December 20, 2019

That Gotham Season 5 goodie bag is quite impressive.

11. ironman29758

I know, It makes me wish I was at Comic-Con. I am interesting in seeing how Bruce handles these different identities and leading a gang, as well as how does this lead to his Batman identity. (The comparison to the DKR Batman and Sons of Batman makes it all the more interesting). Also how Jeremiah plots and waits in the background also has me nervously anticipating what he does next.

Apparently David Mazouz will go live from SDCC on Gotham's Facebook page, Saturday at 3pm ET (12pm PT):

https://www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX/videos/2173820362647942/

Plus more from the magazine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cory Michael Smith and Robin Lord Taylor Interview - San Diego Comic-Con TV Guide
    Robin Lord Taylor: “I would love more scenes with Sean Pertwee, Chris Chalk and David Mazouz. You know, the ‘good’ guys. [Laughs]”

Cory Michael Smith: “It’s arguably not appropriate for Bruce Wayne to have extensive interaction with most villains before he [becomes] Batman, but I think David Mazouz is such an extraordinary actor. I wish we were able to work together more.”

Robin Lord Taylor: “I always find the quiet scenes between Alfred and Bruce very moving. The father-son dynamic as portrayed by Sean and David is beautifully honest.”

I have to say, one of Gotham's biggest strengths is its actors and how their natural chemistry on and off cameras.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  12. Guts

Guts Gul

13. ironman29758

Well David has been really showing with some interviews:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/24/gotham-season-5-jeremiah-bruce-showdown-batman-joker/

Plus some extra

[YT]Z_HsqfDQVYQ[/YT]
    [YT]KZ-BQYGwQew[/YT]

-So David read the four scripts in one go, instead of just the script for the episode they're shooting right before they shoot

-We will get a Jeremiah/Bruce show out and maybe something with the actual Joker

- Bruce will be facing the villains in a more hands-on manner instead of simply just it being Jim Gordon and the GCPD dealing with the threats

-There will be more elements of the iconic Batman inserted in, and David is excited to see the mustache, costume ,etc

-Selina's relationship with Bruce will definitely shift in the same manner as it did from season 3-4 with Selina being affected by being shot by Jeremiah

I am excited to see how this is handled in 10-13 episodes.

14. SkullDevil

SkullDevil The White Portuguese

[BLACKOUT]They might as well make Jeremiah the actual Joker. Introducing the "real" one would not only, again, be monumentally stupid, but it would require at lot of attention.[/BLACKOUT]

15. ironman29758

Honestly Bruce's overall growth and development is definitely going to be one of my favorite things to watch this upcoming season. Especially seeing him create different disguises, interact with the villain sections and Jim Gordon and the trifecta of Lucius/Bruce/Alfred sounds like the making of a good season already.

16. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

BobaTalks mentioned in one of his videos that someone told him [BLACKOUT] Bruce will wear the Batsuit in S5, and it will be the Batsuit in Batman Begins, but repainted to not go over budget.[/BLACKOUT] Take it with a grain of salt, but very interesting!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrCyDqH260

17. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Well-Known Member

Gotham casting director just put on casting call for actors playing children and teenagers (7-18 years old), likely for filming of episode 2. Maybe this is the period of time in which Bruce takes over the leadership of a gang (I will have to suspense disbelief if Bruce leads a gang which does NOT consist of children and teenagers).

18. ironman29758

Well Danny Cannon released two new set pictures,

Bruce Wayne in action:

[​IMG]
    Plus it looks like he is wearing the bulletproof/Kevlar jacket Lucius gave him is returning, plus a more mature look in a sense:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and look like according to Robin Lord Taylor, there is "Big Things happening for out little birds".

[​IMG]so I for one am glad to see his early season 4 hair come back. I can see the mayor/crime lord of Gotham Penguin as a result is coming back in full effect.

19. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

Looks like the show will be casting [BLACKOUT]King Snake, who is Bane's father in the comics[/BLACKOUT].

20. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

How does it go over budget if it already exists?

21. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

22. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

I meant creating their own Batsuit could cause them to go over budget.

23. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

The no way David Mazouz [BLACKOUT]is filling that Batman Begins Bat-suit. It could be a shot in a distance with a stunt guy or something[/BLACKOUT].

Oh, and the entire season 4 is now available in it's entirety on Netflix UK & Ireland. Three weeks before E4 finishes their run, which I'm sure they aren't too pleased about.

24. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

25. DCnightwing23

DCnightwing23 Well-Known Member

Here's an unpopular opinion: Have the writers find a way to bring Barbara and Jim back together. Yes, she's been looney but hasn't all of he's other love interests ended up with some criminal background? Leslie? Insane. Sofia? A part of a mob family, and also not all there imo.

I feel like Jim's character has shown a huge hypocrisy towards Barbara and the writers have been too lazy to correct course and bring them back together. How else is Barbara Gordan aka Batgirl supposed to happen? You mean to tell me Jim names his daughter with another woman after his fiancee he left behind?