Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

I feel like Jim's character has shown a huge hypocrisy towards Barbara and the writers have been too lazy to course correct and bring them back together. How else is Barbara Gordan aka Batgirl supposed to happen? You mean to tell me Jim names his daughter with another woman after his fiancee he left behind?

Babs does something really heroic or self-less before she dies for good.
In honor of her, he names his first-born.

Bringing in King Snake wasn't that far-fetched, as I thought it would be set-up for Bane. But now Bane himself? How will they balance all of this in only 10 episodes?

I feel like Jim's character has shown a huge hypocrisy towards Barbara and the writers have been too lazy to correct course and bring them back together. How else is Barbara Gordan aka Batgirl supposed to happen? You mean to tell me Jim names his daughter with another woman after his fiancee he left behind?

They could always just have Jim adopt a girl who just happens to be named Barbara.

It's not like Barbara being Jim's biological daughter is always the definitive relationship between the two of them,

But I think it's the better option than adoption and pulling a brother out of thin air. I have 2 ways to do it, one Gotham wacky and another, more closer to reality.

Barbara Kean had a baby while Jim was at war and her parents pushed her to give the baby up and she did.

Hugo Strange had Barbara Kean's egg and Jim's sperm extracted from them, while they were held by him at different points in time, and using a surrogate, grew the baby, so he could use her against him at some point in time.

I feel like Jim's character has shown a huge hypocrisy towards Barbara and the writers have been too lazy to correct course and bring them back together. How else is Barbara Gordan aka Batgirl supposed to happen? You mean to tell me Jim names his daughter with another woman after his fiancee he left behind?

I don't think Barbara Gordon will happen in season 5, and I don't think that she's supposed to exist in this universe's Gotham either.

I'm not expecting to see Barbara Gordon.

Filming pics today from John Boy's IG story (will still accessible within 21 hours).

tumblr_pdrv76ksSW1vdia0so2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pdrv76ksSW1vdia0so1_1280.jpg

So....Gotham's Batman; how do you think they'll introduce him, show him, when/which episode, etc?

Finale. Last scene. Counting on it.

Also looks like Gotham's gonna go all Mad Max and I'm all for it. :woot:

Finale. Last scene. Counting on it.

Also looks like Gotham's gonna go all Mad Max and I'm all for it. :woot:

You think they'll go for a full body shot, or something like say the bottom of the cape and the boots?

So if Bane will be first showing up in episode 5 then when is the actor going to be announced?

Hmm, I wonder how big the Gotham Bane will be.

The mutant leader from TDKR just seems like such an odd direction to go in for a series that doesn't even have a fledgling Barman yet.

The mutant leader from TDKR just seems like such an odd direction to go in for a series that doesn't even have a fledgling Barman yet.

Have you been watching any of the previous seasons?
Gotham went under and got run over. Other villains tried to invoke some "law & order"

Have you been watching any of the previous seasons?
Gotham went under and got run over. Other villains tried to invoke some "law & order"

I get the parallel you're drawing, but that seems fairly superficial. It's just seems weird to see a character from an alternate version of Batman's future because his only relevance is Gotham is in disarray.

I get the parallel you're drawing, but that seems fairly superficial. It's just seems weird to see a character from an alternate version of Batman's future because his only relevance is Gotham is in disarray.

What more is there to him?
My only other frames of reference are the direct adaptations and what Nolan attempted to do through Bane.
There was also [BLACKOUT]already a mutant outbreak[/BLACKOUT] on this show.

Uh, he looks more like the Mutant Leader to me:

dump1.gif

Don't really know what you were trying to say there...

Uh, he looks more like the Mutant Leader to me:

dump1.gif

Don't really know what you were trying to say there...

That ignoring his costume he should have been cast as Bane instead, because he looks more like Bane to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"