Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Stopped after s2 ended, this show was hard to watch week to week.

Picked it up yesterday at s3, it’s decent still. Obviously better with the Penguin/Riddler “friendship” and with Bruce growing up. Mad Hatter isn’t bad idea/concept, the actor though is tough.

Some of the cop stuff is still failing and not all there... as it wouldn’t have been on a Gotham Central show - but I’ve sadly dismissed any good characters outside of Jim on that aspect.

I don’tknow, I’m just here to hopefully enjoy the word dynamics between some characters and hopefully like some villains they finally brought in.

Last edited:
It gets better as it goes long, despite some still questionable plot points.

Without spoiling much, the arc in the middle of the season is really fun.

Gotham: The Fifth and Final Season & Gotham: The Complete Series will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD JUNE 11th 2019.

2ziprh1.jpg

257hjm9.jpg

Special Features (For the Season 5 set):
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurette: Panel Highlights from NYCC
  • Featurette: Chronicling Bruce Wayne's transformation into Batman.

You also forgot what that revealed:
Dz3lu_oXcAAhCyh.png

So remember when John Stephens said that this season will take influence from No Man's Land, Zero Year, and "one other unspecified storyline that if he revealed it it would spoil it?
Found here: Exclusive: 'Gotham' Season 5 to Adapt 'Batman: Zero Year'

6 episodes in, and now with the episodes for this seasons revealed, what do you think that is? Is it Killing Joke because of Ace Chemicals? Is it Dark Knight Rises because of Gotham's Bane sharing a similar story with TDKR's Bane? Or something else?

Gotham: The Fifth and Final Season & Gotham: The Complete Series will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD JUNE 11th 2019.

2ziprh1.jpg

257hjm9.jpg

Special Features (For the Season 5 set):
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurette: Panel Highlights from NYCC
  • Featurette: Chronicling Bruce Wayne's transformation into Batman.

Screw the Joker, Ventriloquist is FINALLY coming

9dmhtdyn8mh21.jpg

1235.gif

I think Jeremiah's new look is very slowly growing on me. Even though I much prefer his pre-chemical bath season 5 look, this piece of fan art by BryanZap makes it look better IMO; I feel like it's the prosthetics that bother me. He looks much better in this piece of fan art:dd09ck8-ac0c3688-6c01-483f-91cd-bf7956ae7d9b.jpg

Last edited:
@AndyTrevino You might wanna, uh, spoiler tag this, man.

'Cause there are a few peeps on here who haven't caught up to the show or haven't come across the leaks.

It's still popping up. You know the icon to the left of the floppy disk icon? Click on it and you'll get the spoiler command. Then you can copy and paste the image link within it.

They’ve really found their groove around 3.08-3.10; the camp level and repor between characters is the best it’s ever been...

Honestly, it’s funny once this show figured out it’s more Schumacher (aka the Batman ‘66 of the post BrBa world) and less Burton it started to excel.

Smile Like You Mean It was a killer episode.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is real for not. If the reedit user is telling the truth, someone said they saw the finale and liked it. But they did not say the suit was bad, and did claim that the scene with Batman is not like how we saw him on Titans, basically we see him clearly or clearly enough.

Plus, the interview on the suit stated it was metallic and was based on Dark Knight Rises. This pic isn't of a metallic suit. Nor do I see it anywhere near the suit in Dark Knight Rises.

TBH, it looks fan made. And from someone on the show who is connected to how good the suits have been for the other characters, this cannot be the suit. Or more than likely, this was the test suit before the final version. Test suits go through a process where its all about the idea, not the final product (case in point: Superman lives, which alot of people incorrectly thought was the suit in that cancelled film). And I may be right because the ears are exactly thought we saw them in that preview, but the symbol and even those Robin lines on the torso look fake and "stickered" on.

That's my thoughts.

I'm not sure if this is real for not. If the reedit user is telling the truth, someone said they saw the finale and liked it. But they did not say the suit was bad, and did claim that the scene with Batman is not like how we saw him on Titans, basically we see him clearly or clearly enough.

Plus, the interview on the suit stated it was metallic and was based on Dark Knight Rises. This pic isn't of a metallic suit. Nor do I see it anywhere near the suit in Dark Knight Rises.

TBH, it looks fan made. And from someone on the show who is connected to how good the suits have been for the other characters, this cannot be the suit. Or more than likely, this was the test suit before the final version. Test suits go through a process where its all about the idea, not the final product (case in point: Superman lives, which alot of people incorrectly thought was the suit in that cancelled film). And I may be right because the ears are exactly thought we saw them in that preview, but the symbol and even those Robin lines on the torso look fake and "stickered" on.

That's my thoughts.

True!

That's my thoughts.

Nah. It’s official. Here’s a look unfiltered, with the WB watermark:

60117-EFF-68-A0-4556-BEC7-691-FBF50-FB5-C.jpg

Vomit inducing.

And it does look like a (very cheap) riff on the Dark Knight Rises suit. The segmented armour over a bodysuit. The gauntlets especially look like a cheap knock off of Bale’s.

As I’ve said elsewhere... they would have been better off borrowing an old movie suit from the backlot, and updating it a bit. I’d take Clooney’s main suit over this mess.

Look how they’ve also taken the worst possible aspect of the Bermejo suit and incorporated it, with the symbol attached to the cape. Awful.

...and some will no doubt start banging on about how it won’t be lit like this, it’ll look better in shadows etc. It’ll have to be pitch black to make this thing look good.

Last edited:
At least he’s not wearing hockey pads?

But yeah I expected better as well given how well done Scarecrow, Freeze and Firefly are.

I was expecting much worse... so eh.

Either way, it doesn't really matter to me. It's never what this show was about.

Nah. It’s official. Here’s a look unfiltered, with the WB watermark:

60117-EFF-68-A0-4556-BEC7-691-FBF50-FB5-C.jpg

Vomit inducing.

And it does look like a (very cheap) riff on the Dark Knight Rises suit. The segmented armour over a bodysuit. The gauntlets especially look like a cheap knock off of Bale’s.

As I’ve said elsewhere... they would have been better off borrowing an old movie suit from the backlog, and updating it a bit. I’d take Clooney’s main suit over this mess.

Look how they’ve also taken the worst possible aspect of the Bermejo suit and incorporated it, with the symbol attached to the cape. Awful.

...and some will no doubt start banging on about how it won’t be lit like this, it’ll look better in shadows etc. It’ll have to be pitch black to make this thing look good.

Rather than spending actual money in creating their so called "suit", they could have saved themselves so much money had they asked Pete Holmes to borrow his Batman costume. I mean they're practically identical.:o

giphy.gif

Its looks like a stunt double suit for fight scenes cause even the mask isnt smooth. I wouldnt be surprised though if this is the final episode given its his first out on the streets most likely. If its final its weird his symbol and belt looked so perfect yet tje rest is cheap looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"