The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 10

I hope they keep the theme of Hulk having a respect for Cap, something they're going with in the cartoon series and most recently in AvX where he decides to fight Cyclops due to Cap basically asking him to. Like he'll fight alongside the team but won't become focused on a task unless Cap says so.

Yes, I love the idea of Hulk having respect for Cap. To me it shows the Hulk understands who Cap is and IMO who the proper leader of the Avengers is.

Yes, I love the idea of Hulk having respect for Cap. To me it shows the Hulk understands who Cap is and IMO who the proper leader of the Avengers is.

Totally agree, I'm hoping they showcase an actual conversation in the sequel. More than 4 words I hope.

CGI on Ang Lee's Hulk was very good, but the design of the Hulk just wasn't right. It was a good attempt though, the first CGI'ed version of Hulk.
The design in The Incredible Hulk was better, closer to the comics, but the CGI wasn't very good.
The Avengers version was just the right mixture of both, great design and great CGI.
My opinion, of course.

:doh: Avengers Hulk wasn't a mix. They scraped all previous designs of the Hulk and decide to start from scratch. They then selected one of the comic book versions of Hulk and made there Avengers Hulk look as close to that version as possible. After that was done they incorporated some of Mark Ruffalo's facial features into the face of there Avengers Hulk with out compromising Hulk's look.

Last edited:
:doh: Avengers Hulk wasn't a mix. They scraped all previous designs of the Hulk and decide to start from scratch. They then selected one of the comic book versions of Hulk and made there Avengers Hulk look as close to that version as possible. After that was done they incorporated some of Mark Ruffalo's facial features into the face of there Avengers Hulk with out compromising Hulk's look.

I think he means a mix of good cgi with a good design, which I agree with, even though I was never all that head over heels with TIH design myself.

I saw the avengers this week and somehow Banner/Hulk stood out the most to me; I have never like The Hulk, movies, books or tv; but this movie made me like both The Hulk and Bruce Banner.

I hope Hulk comes back in Avengers 2- more angry, more focused, and more articulate while in monster mode. Leave the silent Ferrigno Hulk in the past. It's "never" been particularly true to the comics except for scant arcs..

Oh, and they need to include a Hulk villain to fight- even a minor one.

^Just more action in general for Hulk would be good, I loved him in Avengers, but realised after a few re-watches he isnt really in it that much. So more screen time in general would be great.

^Just more action in general for Hulk would be good, I loved him in Avengers, but realised after a few re-watches he isnt really in it that much. So more screen time in general would be great.

I think that he only has around 3 mins of screen time.

Last edited:
We'd all like to see more of him but I can understand why budgetary contraints meant that we didnt. Having said that, given that Hulk stole the show with audiences and critics alike, I think there's an arguement to say that it's more about the impact Hulk had in the movie, not how much he featured.

I think that he only has around 3 mins of screen time.

So slightly more than the amount he had in the TV show. :whatever:

I wish he did feature more, and not only have 2 transformations... again like the TV show! That scene where he's cornered by the aliens - they should've had a full blown Hulk battle scene there, not just being left to imagine what happened. Too much of that end battle was cut (including the Cap/Thor fight with the aliens which looked awesome during filming).

Live action Hulk costs money, that's basically it. Hence why if they ever decide to go a full on movie where he's Hulk for most of the time, it will be Avatar cash needed.

Yeah to get a proper Hulk like in Avengers it'd be a costly film indeed

And they were thinking of having him on a weekly basis in a TV series. That would've been madness.

Depends how good the cgi would be, really.

Live action Hulk costs money, that's basically it. Hence why if they ever decide to go a full on movie where he's Hulk for most of the time, it will be Avatar cash needed.

Which is why the first post Avengers solo Hulk film will be for better for worst a Banner films with Hulk as a guess star and the second might end up being a Planet Hulk style film. There going to have to prove that Hulk can be an success before they spend Avatar like cash on his films.

That scene where he's cornered by the aliens - they should've had a full blown Hulk battle scene there, not just being left to imagine what happened.

Would have been nice to see Hulk get a little backup here. No wonder he quit the team so early on.

i hope they cover that really. I LOVED the treatment of the Hulk in EMH, I hope that is used, along with banter with Hawkeye.

i hope they cover that really. I LOVED the treatment of the Hulk in EMH, I hope that is used, along with banter with Hawkeye.

You like Hulk with a personality? Why, just curious. I like the Hulk who is a mindless beast with Banner sneaking out some now and then.

Hulk, more often than not has a personality. It's the natural state of things.

You like Hulk with a personality? Why, just curious. I like the Hulk who is a mindless beast with Banner sneaking out some now and then.
I just always have. I never really liked the Hulk being so stupid that he can't explain himself if he needed too. Even the way he was in AVENGERS was great as long as you know he's a Hulk of few words lol

In a way, I've liked the gray Hulk over most of the green. I love that Ben Grimm like way he expressed himself

Last edited:
I hate Hulk as a mindless beast. Issues 300 onwards to the time he became Grey Hulk were some of the worst where all he did was roar and was completely savage - especially the issues set in that other dimension for a whole year. I always preferred Hulk where he had personality and even spoke in his Hulk Smash vocabulary.

You do get a sense of his personality in the final battle due to scenes like where he playfully hits Thor for some payback, the "puny god" scene, and when he saves Stark after seeing him flying up to basically save the city from the nuke. He doesn't have to constantly yammer, but he should still speak on occasion.

I just wish instead of SCREAMING at Stark to wake up he would have screamed WAKE UP!!

I actually thought they would have skipped the comic relief and instead Thor would revive him like in your avy, Vartha. Anyway I do like the Hulk Smash language and yeah, complete savagery can make for an unlikable Hulk that just breaks stuff. I see what you mean when you don't like a mindless beast, Dark Raven. Ultimate Avengers is a perfect example of that. You don't like Hulk, but it makes for a better action scene!

[YT]uD_yETfSsiE[/YT]

I don't think mindless Hulk is really a hero. There's no trace of Bruce Banner left in him so no moderating influence. He is mindless destruction and has no sense of right or wrong, only survival. You can't really feel sympathy for him, because he won't even rescue victims but will just kill them if they get in his way. He's no different from these dinosaurs or monster movies with a raging beast. That type wouldn't have saved Iron Man at the end of the Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"