The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, def more Hulk screentime. I was also not pleased with Hulk's voice. He sounded just like Ruffalo! That being said, i loved everything else about him, they really naled it.

His fight with Thor on the Helicarriar was beyond awesome.

I always assumed that scenes that don't make it into the movie, are considered canon, yet Banner recounts the deleted scene from TIH where he sticks the gun in his mouth, pulls the trigger and Hulk spits out the bullet. :confused:

One thing I really liked was how BW had a genuine fear of the Hulk.

I loved that too. The first transformation with him 'hunting her' was creepy as hell. Was he under the influence of Loki, or just confused as all hell..?

I loved that too. The first transformation with him 'hunting her' was creepy as hell. Was he under the influence of Loki, or just confused as all hell..?
I think confused as hell.

I seem to be in the minority here that DID NOT like Hulk's second transformation. Cool shot, but just seemed..i dunno, out of character....

I seem to be in the minority here that DID NOT like Hulk's second transformation. Cool shot, but just seemed..i dunno, out of character....

Yeah I am the opposite. It was such a great payoff for me for the character of Banner. All the buildup to it; the conversations with Stark and his confessions in the lab when he was trying to tell/warn everybody that the Hulk is something no one can kill not even himself. But that line before the second transformation, it really hits you that Banner has come to terms with his condition and is working so hard to not let the rage out unless absolutely needed. Love what Joss (and Mark) did with that character; it made all the Hulk smashing even more awesome.

I think they were just expanding on what we saw at the very end of TIH with Banner seeming to get some control over Hulk. I just wish they had at least made Banner's eyes turn green when he said "I'm always angry", instead of having him do probably one of the fastest Hulk-outs in history before laying that smackdown on The Leviathan.

I think they were just expanding on what we saw at the very end of TIH with Banner seeming to get some control over Hulk. I just wish they had at least made Banner's eyes turn green when he said "I'm always angry", instead of having him do probably one of the fastest Hulk-outs in history before laying that smackdown on The Leviathan.

Not as quick as the deleted scene from TIH where he bit the bullet.

But yeah, green eyes would be a nice touch.

Me and I'm sure half the audiance jumped right out of our seats when Banner yelled "STOP LYING!" at BW. I just LOVED how SCARY Hulk was! One minor thing I noticed is why did the Hulk start acting like best buds with the Avengers at the end? The last time he saw them he was punching them and getting punched by them. They only thing I can think of to explain this is that the first Hulk out was caused by Bruce's anger at Nick and his other team mates as well as the fact that he may have been injured in the fall, while at the end Bruce turned into the Hulk of his own fee will and was able to direct the Hulk like he was talking about and we saw him do at the end of The Incredible Hulk.

After the tv show and two and a half movies of the same transformation, I'd say it was pretty great to see Banner changing like that. And it happened in one of the best build-up moments in the film. That's just icing on the cake.

Me and I'm sure half the audiance jumped right out of our seats when Banner yelled "STOP LYING!" at BW. I just LOVED how SCARY Hulk was! One minor thing I noticed is why did the Hulk start acting like best buds with the Avengers at the end? The last time he saw them he was punching them and getting punched by them. They only thing I can think of to explain this is that the first Hulk out was caused by Bruce's anger at Nick and his other team mates as well as the fact that he may have been injured in the fall, while at the end Bruce turned into the Hulk of his own fee will and was able to direct the Hulk like he was talking about and we saw him do at the end of The Incredible Hulk.

Loki's mind games (and that blue mind gem) had something to do with his 1st transformation, as well as all of them sort of at each other's throats.

Loki's mind games (and that blue mind gem) had something to do with his 1st transformation, as well as all of them sort of at each other's throats.

I know Loki wanted Banner to Hulk out but I didn't get that his spear was doing that. Was that what the whole scene of Banner clutching it in his fist about?

I love how genuiely scared BW was of Banner. You could see it in the scene you mentioned, and when her leg was pinned to the ground, and was trying to calm him down.

First transformation = under the influence of Loki which is why he was grasping Loki's staff.

I have to say...I was really impressed with a lot of ScarJo's scenes, especially that one. After they fall and she says something like "We're okay here...right?" And she's waving off those other two guys when they try to help. The look on her face from the trailer as she's watching Banner transform. And the look of shock on her face after it's all said and done. So many great scenes.

the first time i saw it i didnt likeit either, but then after watching it a second time i enjoyed because i read alot more into it. It kinda makes sense, when hes on the helicarrier he doesnt want to transform, just like in the previous movies he doesnt want to change so he fights it. Where as at the end he wanted to change so it happened ALOT faster.

I also think he was under the influence of loki during his first transformation, i mean why else would he have grabbed lokis spear without relizing it(before his hulk out)

If hulk did get another movie do you think it would be cool to see a mid transformation like from the tv show? And do you guys think it would ever work or has it ever been done that banner can hulk out a certain part of his body I mean that would be sick then he could make a hulk fist and perhaps not let it grow completely and then he could smash I mean their is a lot of ways for banner to creatively transform and I think it should be experimented on if not just a certain body part hulk out then the stuck in-between transformation

What did Hulk say after slamming Loki around? The whole theater busted out laughing when that happened and you could not hear what he said at all.

Why do you think it's out of character?

While I can't speak for him, nor am I speaking for myself actually,lol...but I've read on how some feel that:

Banner being able to transform so easily and freely like that takes away the "conflict" manner that's been attached to the character supposedly when it comes to the inner battle that Banner's had with the Hulk, etc. and how that neutralizes that. Again, not my own opinion, but the things that I'v read from elsewhere.

What did Hulk say after slamming Loki around? The whole theater busted out laughing when that happened and you could not hear what he said at all.

Puny God

While I can't speak for him, nor am I speaking for myself actually,lol...but I've read on how some feel that:

Banner being able to transform so easily and freely like that takes away the "conflict" manner that's been attached to the character supposedly when it comes to the inner battle that Banner's had with the Hulk, etc. and how that neutralizes that. Again, not my own opinion, but the things that I'v read from elsewhere.

I see. But it's not out of character at all. He's done in comics quite a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"