The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be embarrassed. The film is full of little moments like that which can be easily missed the first time.

It's the sign of a great movie, that's full of little details that make repeat viewings rewarding.

I also liked Banner's choice of attire.

Specifically how he chose to wear slacks with elastic with no belt. I'm sure it makes for a less constricting transformation process.. :p and without the belt, maybe it also helps him to stay relaxed and loose.

I'm wondering how they're going to approach Banner's Avengers status going forward. He's achieved the inner balance that the comic book counterpart has longed for.
Personally I wouldn't have it any other way, seeing Banner whine about his problems gets old in the comics and judging by the previous Hulk films mediocre performances it's gotten old on film.

Yeah that's the thing about Emo Banner, you don't feel for him anymore. You want to shout at him accept who you are, turn a negative into a positive, there are people with worse conditions, turning into a greeb gian. Monster with great strength can be actually cool. And I think that's how Tony Stark feels about Banner in the movie. And since movie Stark has influenced comic Stark, it could be the same with the Hulk.

Now that Ruffalo is Banner, do we need to re-cast Betty? I never liked Tyler as Betty, and now that we may get another solo film with Ruffalo, i really don't think her Betty fits with his Bannner...

Wasn't impressed by Tyler as Betty at all, so I have no problem with re-casting. We have 3 different Banners, so why not 3 different Bettys.

I've always wanted Ashley Judd as Betty.

Yeah, def more Hulk screentime. I was also not pleased with Hulk's voice. He sounded just like Ruffalo! That being said, i loved everything else about him, they really naled it.

I thought it sounded like Ruffalo too. Did Lou Ferrigno actually voice any of Hulk's lines (of which that was the only one)? Why would they even bother getting Lou for that one? I think maybe he originally thought he was down to do a few but either was mistaken or they were cut.

His fight with Thor on the Helicarriar was beyond awesome.

I always assumed that scenes that don't make it into the movie, are considered canon, yet Banner recounts the deleted scene from TIH where he sticks the gun in his mouth, pulls the trigger and Hulk spits out the bullet. :confused:

I would've liked a flashback to that scene incorporated into the Avengers, or an allusion to it to suggest that this is how Cap was freed from the ice.

I also wish that Banner transformed into Hulk in the final battle involuntarily. Maybe if the invading aliens had attacked him. Then you'd see them thinking they've vanquished him, but they get their comeuppance as he transforms.

I can't remember how that scene where Hulk was surrounded by the aliens in the final battle was resolved. I was hoping he would've done a classic Hulk thunderclap and blasted them all with that simultaneously.

I liked how he chose to Hulk out. It was him coming to terms with the "other guy".

Now, i didn't like how he could turn it off and on like was suggested at the end of TIH. But that's because it was Banner simply elevating his heart rate, which i found stupid.

In Avengers whilst he can still "hulk out" at will, it was presented in a better way.

It's bottled up, uncontrollable rage vs assertive, controlled aggression. I had to go anger management classes at school and this is what the head shrink used to talk to me about :D That bottling your emotions up is always a bad thing, because it could come out of you at any time and you can't control it. Which is demonstrated by what happened on the Helicarrier. Banner had been bottling it up for over a year, and with the stressful situation, plus Loki and his sceptre playing games, it was a bad "hulk out".

But the final battle it was controlled. It was him using his anger in a positive way. Basically aiming the Hulk.

Now that Ruffalo is Banner, do we need to re-cast Betty? I never liked Tyler as Betty, and now that we may get another solo film with Ruffalo, i really don't think her Betty fits with his Bannner...

Hell yes. I wouldn't mind if we got an entirely new cast for the supporting characters, they were all fairly meh in TIH, the only exception being Tim Roth.

I still think there was a little EMH Hulk in this movie. Hulk was much more human despite his ape like appearance and had a great personality. I might be hearing things but I think when the plane is shooting at him the last scream sounds like STOOOP! But it might just be me. Also when he punches Thor if you watch Hulks face afterwards it really funny. It's like "pff whatever, its my moment now get out of the shoot" :D. And then with the "puny god" line he seems very human there. The fact that he also saves iron man on his own and then wakes him up with his scream shows me that he comprehends a great deal of what is going on and he' not just mindlessly doing things.

Never really been a fan of Tyler myself either. It's like every line she ever speaks is a pained moan. Seriously, there's a hair advert playing here in the U.K. at the moment in which Tylers talking about how the shampoo repaired her split ends and I feel like slitting my wrists every time I see/hear it.

Yeah, it's apparent that when Banner wants to change, shades of his humanity are still there within Hulk so he's not just randomly smashing ****, but he still remembers stuff from previous Hulk outs, hence the sight gag of punching Thor.

Never really been a fan of Tyler myself either. It's like every line she ever speaks is a pained moan. Seriously, there's a hair advert playing here in the U.K. at the moment in which Tylers talking about how the shampoo repaired her split ends and I feel like slitting my wrists every time I see/hear it.

Yeah if there was one cast member from Hulk 2003 I'd bring back, it'd be Connelly as Betty. She was far better than Tyler in the role.

I liked William Hurt's Thunderbolt Ross.

I can see Banner making a cameo in Iron Man 3 without Hulk. It could lead into a Hulk sequel somehow.

Yeah if there was one cast member from Hulk 2003 I'd bring back, it'd be Connelly as Betty. She was far better than Tyler in the role.

I liked William Hurt's Thunderbolt Ross.

I can see Banner making a cameo in Iron Man 3 without Hulk. It could lead into a Hulk sequel somehow.

That could really work, Sage.

An obvious one, but I really liked Banner wearing a purple shirt.

Hulk throttling Loki was awesome -- overall I think Hulk was definitely the highlight of the NYC battle for me.

24hrs later I'm still laughing when the Hulk punched Thor.

I've seen the movie 3 times and still want to see it again, for two reasons, to see The Hulk sucker punch Thor and beat the snot out of Loki again lol, every time I think of those two moments I just spontaneously bust out laughing lol, it was Awesome!:D:up:

Yes, I did think that Betty came across as slightly pathetic.

I saw The Avengers for the second time last night, Hulk was one of the elements that gets better with repeated viewings. :woot:.

I really dug how they handled the initial transformation. I felt the addition of Ferrigno's voice and the close up cuts of the clothes ripping was a great nod to the TV series.

So, lets postulate that Banner-type gamma exposure results in mutations and personality changes that represent one's repressed dark side, the vices one hides. In the case of Banner, it was Wrath. In the case of Sterns, it was clearly Pride. In the case of Blonsky, you can make a good argument for Envy.

So, what characters could cover the other four deadly sins? ;)

For Betty, I'd like someone new. Most importantly the actress should have great chemistry with Ruffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"