The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigThor God of Thunder

Yes it does and in my opinion it was one of the most epic shots in the entire film.

#876 BigThor, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Indeed. It was.......Incredible

3. BigThor God of Thunder

Yep, I felt that one of the things missing from the previous Hulk film in terms of action was a bona-fidejaw dropping "punch".

We got that with this film, in spades might I add. :up:

4. herolee10 No More Miracles

I hope that in any potential solo films with Mark, that they further establish on how Hulk is a different persona from Banner, and actually give the Hulk some more dialogue to go by off.

Without a doubt, to this day, in regards to the Hulk's characterization, I still adore EMH's version the best and I hope we'll get to see that characterization in the future of the MCU.

5. TX85 Registered

I f'n love the twist to Bruce's 2nd transformation and it has indeed happened in the comics and so no it's not out of character!

Speaking of the comics..I'm reading a Hulk comic right now(well I'm holding it since I'm typing lol)and when Bruce has some lines I keep hearing Ruffalo's voice in my head saying the lines and when Hulk is going crazy I keep imagining Hulk's roars&"Puny God"voice from the movie!

6. BigThor God of Thunder

Same here, EMH's Hulk is just tops for me in terms of personality and character interactions.

7. herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed; I still laugh my ass off whenever I see the episode where Hulk said: "Pfft, I bet I'd survive" when told that an bomb from a Kree Sentry robot could take out that Earth, and how Thor responded to Hulk by calling him a troll.lol

8. BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah Hulk was a jerk in the beginning to middle of the first season, now he's alot more easy going while still being jerkish at times.

9. herolee10 No More Miracles

By the way; does anyone know what was on the computer screen that
    made Banner say: "Oh my god", when he had gone to it right after the huge argument between the group took place?

10. TX85 Registered

I'm guessing the computer detected the explosive arrow about to blow!?

11. GregComicFan movie and comic buff

I finally saw Avengers tonight.

This movie made me like the Hulk finally. Usually I find him boring and one-note (Banner hates changing into Hulk, he sulks, he changes, he blows stuff up, the end)... I was really surprised when Banner mentions trying to commit suicide. I thought it was quite shocking and an interesting insight into Banner, especially considering Avengers is a "DISNEY PRESENTS" Avengers movie....

A disney movie has a character talk about eating a bullet lol. thats a first.

Did Hannah Montana ever eat a bullet? I think not.

12. lespaul59 Registered

Thanks.:up:

13. XxWTFLUFFxX Registered

14. The Morningstar Registered

Iron Man was clearly outmatched by Thor. He was basically just trying to survive.

15. XxWTFLUFFxX Registered

lolz and im sure at first most people went to go see the movie for thor or ironman *BS in a suit man*, lolz thor has his own SUCESSFUL movie enuff said XDDD

16. XxWTFLUFFxX Registered

Agreed :woot:

17. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Just a few observations on the Hulk:

If Marvel only intends to put a mostly-mute version the Savage Hulk on screen, Avengers seems like a better fit than solo flicks.

The body and mannerisms in Avengers was the best of the three on- screen versions. I'm still not a fan of Hulk resembling the actor playing Banner, but that was so minor, I didn't care during the movie.

Also..

I thought the hidden conscience of Hulk coming out during the film was perfect. He starts out by chasing Widow and sucker punching Thor, but eventually listens to Cap and saves Iron Man.

And...

When he ragdolled Loki...the theater I was in erupted. That was a perfect Hulk moment.

18. Gamma Burst Registered

What's happening with this thread?:dry:

19. XxWTFLUFFxX Registered

its being raided by pirates ;)

20. XxWTFLUFFxX Registered

I loved the way they made hulk he stood out a lot yes, and was the best ive seen of him yet :)

21. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

I feel that one of the major themes of this movie was the redemption of Hulk, not only with his relationship with Banner but also with the world at large and in a funny way art is imitating life with the GA starting to love the character again after the previous misfires.

22. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I was glad to see that. Cap and IM could get their blows in on Thor, but it doesn't stand to reason that either could best him in a straight-up fight.

23. The Morningstar Registered

Yea, the way i look at it is as though a middleweight boxer is fighting a heavyweight. The middleweight might get some shots in, but they have little to no effect on the heavyweight.

24. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Good analogy.

25. SuperSoldier985 That's Funny

Initially it bugged me how Banner kinda showed up in Manhattan like he did. There I took note of Stark when he asked Cap during the Manhattan fight, "Has Banner showed up yet?" and Cap seemed confused.

Then after watching the movie a fourth time, it was only then it dawned on me that up until Hawkeye attacked the Hellicarrier, Banner was the only one who knew exactly where the Tesseract was. Stark knew this much and only after realizing where the Tesseract was following Coulson's death did he deduce that Banner would eventually make his way there to meet up with them.

It was just one of those moments that didn't click with me for some reason...I'm a little embarrassed it took me four viewings to catch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.