The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sick for weeks with a cold and finally decided to break on working out. This will be two days in a row and it sucks, but it got to the point I was really winded after minutes. Hopefully I'll be rested by week's end.

I have no idea what you guys are talking bout, I've never experienced anything like that.

Im with gohei on this, not sure how farts or poops are any different after a protein shake.

I've been sick for weeks with a cold and finally decided to break on working out. This will be two days in a row and it sucks, but it got to the point I was really winded after minutes. Hopefully I'll be rested by week's end.

You've been sick for weeks probably because you keep working out every day for hours at a stretch. You don't give you body enough time to rest. It's the rest period which is when your muscles grow, not the time you spend in the gym. Working out while ill is the worst thing as it makes you even more tired and weakened.

Had you rested during that time (ie actually slept as well to recover), you might even have found you had put on some muscle.

On another note, I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm almost starting to like the smell of chlorine at the pool. :dry: :huh:

You've been sick for weeks probably because you keep working out every day for hours at a stretch. You don't give you body enough time to rest. It's the rest period which is when your muscles grow, not the time you spend in the gym. Working out while ill is the worst thing as it makes you even more tired and weakened.

Had you rested during that time (ie actually slept as well to recover), you might even have found you had put on some muscle.
This.

does anyone have any favorite things they like to wear when they workout?

i am pretty much a NIKE head. i feel like i get a little more confident when i work out in my NIKE stuff

Under Armour, its the pinnacle of workout clothing. LuLu is awesome too.

I wear cut off ts. It's my thing. I think the closer to naked I am when I work out the better. Think my avatar. :o

I am constantly tearing the same calluses on my hands. I do a lot of Olympic style lifting and pullups.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone have any favorite things they like to wear when they workout?

i am pretty much a NIKE head. i feel like i get a little more confident when i work out in my NIKE stuff

I don't wear any particular brand.

I don't like wearing a normal sleeved T-shirt. I prefer the sleeveless ones with the lower necklines (kind of like a wife beater but I don't know what they're called). I just find a normal T-shirt is too hot and constricting, even in winter.

I also wear shorts rather than a tracksuit bottom. These often double up as my swim shorts.

You too?? What kinda protein do you take?

Well, it varies, currently I use a whey blend from Nutrishoppe and the Six Star protein from Wal-mart. I usually just alternate as one of them is chocolate and one of them is strawberry. Right now, this is usually only once per day.

That said, I have been consuming various protein supplements since I started working out in 1995. This includes brands like EAS, Optimum Nutrition, Designer Whey, Isopure, BSN, GNC brand, and others.
The "dosages" have varied from 20 grams in one shake to 60 grams. Also, this has included various types of whey protein (probably 85% of the time), casein protein, egg protein, etc. I have had instances where I had two shakes in a single day, but that was rare.

That said, I can confidently say that I havent experienced any strange farts or poops or anything, and that is covering 18 years.

Last edited:
Three days in a row off due to illness. I've had a cold for a month and finally I was getting real short of breath and decided to take days off. I have gotten better with meds and so on. Hopefully. tomorrow I can make my return back into the gym.

Forget the gym while you're ill. :doh: Even when you're resting now, it will be harder for your muscles to grow, because your body isn't focusing on that but trying to fight off the illness. If you go to the gym again and work out for hours, you will weaken your immune system and find yourself even more physically run down. Then it will be even longer before you can train again properly, and you won't even grow in the meantime anyway.

Why do you insist on going when it won't even be beneficial to you but, on the contrary, detrimental?

I have to work out. It's all I have to do. I mean how long do I have to wait to workout again? Do I have to be 100%. I feel around 50.

I don't want to be a debbie downer either but the last son your workout regiment is incredibly counterproductive.

While I don't like setting a time limit to a workout going on for over 2 hours is beyond overkill. Not to mention that I personally don't think full body exercises for every work out session is exactly optimal.

But if it's working for you keep doing what you're doing but honestly I would change it up if I were you.

You don't have to be 100%, but 50% is not a lot. And it seems you're only working out then to fill a void in your life, not because it's actually doing anything. If you work out 7 days a week, it's not like you're going to be growing every time you pump iron.

Like I said, it's in the rest periods where you actually grow, not the workout periods. What one is actually doing during the workouts is making small tears in the muscles when you lift heavier weights, which, when they heal, grow back bigger. If you're constantly lifting, there isn't that opportunity for those tears to heal. It's like constantly aggravating a wound instead of letting a scab form over it. You don't seem to be working out correctly at all.

Ok again I'll explain my workout routine.

Monday:1hr treadmill with weight vest. 4-5 miles and 30-50 min chest
Tuesday:1hr treadmill with weight vest. 4-5 miles 30-45 min biceps
Wed: 1hr treadmill with weight vest. 4-5 miles. 30-45 triceps
Thurs:1hr treadmill vest. 4-5 miles. 30-45 back/shoulders
Frid: 1hr treadmill w vest. 4-5 miles. 30-45 legs
Sat: Off
Sun: 2 hr walk/jog with no vest.

Oh so you do have a split. Well man if it's working for you more power to you. Personally I'd take out that Sunday jog. You can make it into a rest day too. You're getting more than enough cardio in.

Just stay healthy. :up:

You seem to be on the treadmill for far too long, and for too many days in a row. You need to vary your cardio exercises. Also, it doesn't take that long either to work an area like your chest or other body parts.

Sometimes I don't have a lot of time to spend in the gym. Maybe half an hour or less occasionally. I can still get a good workout of arms or chest etc, and it's also productive.

You should just have Monday, Wednesday and Friday as your workout days where you lift weights and working on different sections. Maybe another day somewhere in there where you do something else completely cardio but not lifting weights. You need actual days in between where you're resting.

Well, it varies, currently I use a whey blend from Nutrishoppe and the Six Star protein from Wal-mart. I usually just alternate as one of them is chocolate and one of them is strawberry. Right now, this is usually only once per day.

That said, I have been consuming various protein supplements since I started working out in 1995. This includes brands like EAS, Optimum Nutrition, Designer Whey, Isopure, BSN, GNC brand, and others.
The "dosages" have varied from 20 grams in one shake to 60 grams. Also, this has included various types of whey protein (probably 85% of the time), casein protein, egg protein, etc. I have had instances where I had two shakes in a single day, but that was rare.

That said, I can confidently say that I havent experienced any strange farts or poops or anything, and that is covering 18 years.

Dear Christ that is comprehensive. I still don't know how you havent had a wierd poop but i guess everyone is different. I usually have 3-4 shakes a day that may also be a factor as well.

Ok again I'll explain my workout routine.

Monday:1hr treadmill with weight vest. 4-5 miles and 30-50 min chest
Tuesday:1hr treadmill with weight vest. 4-5 miles 30-45 min biceps
Wed: 1hr treadmill with weight vest. 4-5 miles. 30-45 triceps
Thurs:1hr treadmill vest. 4-5 miles. 30-45 back/shoulders
Frid: 1hr treadmill w vest. 4-5 miles. 30-45 legs
Sat: Off
Sun: 2 hr walk/jog with no vest.

With legit Nutrition you could easily just do 3 days of Cardio but I get the feeling you enjoy running so good for you man, I can't do cardio for the life of me. All I do is muscle building and maybe 10 mins of cardio on saturday morning. haha

I'm trying to get a 6 pack by summer so I'm trying to run off the fat. I have about a 10 pound vest on. My diet is usually 1pd of broccoli with carrots and apples and a fish sandwich. I think it's a good diet except I do eat a lot of candy. Not good.

I'm feeling well rested and think tomorrow I make my return to running.

I'm trying to get a 6 pack by summer so I'm trying to run off the fat. I have about a 10 pound vest on. My diet is usually 1pd of broccoli with carrots and apples and a fish sandwich. I think it's a good diet except I do eat a lot of candy. Not good.

I'm feeling well rested and think tomorrow I make my return to running.

Why don't you swim off the fat? It's more efficient and effective in burning calories than running. The idea is to work smarter not harder. If swimming helps you burn quicker, why insist on just running?

And you need to cut out the candy completely. Eat some nuts instead. Almonds or walnuts are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"