The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go with your gut feeling. :p

Seriously though, I would suggest swimming for both of you. That is easy on your joints and will burn off fat and calories like no other exercise. I had more of a gut a few years ago but began swimming regularly and within even a couple of months or less, I had lost any love handles. And it kept going from there. I now have a completely flat stomach. Even 45 minutes in a pool will burn it there. You're using every muscle in your body and because you need to draw on your reserves to keep going, then your body will begin to draw from where your fat is stored to get the energy.

Of course, I have done some HIIT and ab exercises to target that area while on dry land, but swimming has been my main form of cardiovascular exercise. I know some people don't want to either get wet or put in the effort to do this, but as far as I'm concerned, it is the most effective and efficient way to burn at a much higher rate than other types of workouts. I'm someone who doesn't like to have to take forever to see results, so this method gets results in the shortest space of time.

getdocument.aspx

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I know that swimming is a great workout. But the pool at the local Y is always packed at the times I can get there. I mean, there are swimming lessons going on for the kids in one part of the pool, old ladies doing Aqua-aerobics in another part, and the couple of "lap" lanes that aren't occupied by a class are already taken by other swimmers. I would have to wait for someone to get done and then it would be time to go home. I guess I'll just stick with the bike for cardio at the moment...

Raven, your logic is sound. Swimming sounds awesome. But see, I would do swimming but that costs too much money. There is a Y right down the street and yes, my membership would only be $18, which is a steal, but I have to be locked in for a year. I mean, damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"