The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was late to the gym today and apart from my deadlifts everything had to be brought down to one set. Tomorrow is upper body, my question is the following; should I finish today's workout at the end of tomorrows or consider it a loss? I have two sets of front squats, three of bulgarian split squats two each of leg extensions and curls left as well as three of Arnold Presses left which is usually my lower body accessory.

I'd hold off on finishing the end of today's workout. Do your scheduled upper body tomorrow and do today's workout the next day.

stop doing leg extensions unless you prefer to blow up your knees

I wanted to go to the gym last night. Then I got snowed in! :(

^^ That sucks. I had to cut my workout short thanks to a bad headache that wouldn't go away.

stop doing leg extensions unless you prefer to blow up your knees

I don't hyper extend.
I have bad knees and don't feel any pain in them when I do it but my quads burn like nothing else.

I started a new stretching routine this saturday, my calves and hamstrings are still sore as hell. Gotta love the doms (or not).

I don't hyper extend.
I have bad knees and don't feel any pain in them when I do it but my quads burn like nothing else.

Then I'll add that they are pointless for building mass. Just do your squats (back, front), RDL's for hamstrings, somesort of Nordic or hamcurl and then maybe some heavy leggpresses for overload. More then enough.
My legs measure cold 25inches, mainly did squats and deadlifts.
Don't skip on the squats, do plenty warmups/ramp up sets and atleast 5 good solid working sets. 5x5/5x8/5x10 etc. doens't matter.

And Arnold press is a Delt/shoulder exercise.

My ipod broke so I had to workout without my headphones. Pure torture. Good workout, but had to listen to peoples conversation and bad music through the gyms speakers. Wasn't able to tune out the world. Never again.

That's funny cuz my gym was playing good music today so I left my Ipod in my bag.

i need to get my act together. i've been really down lately (stress, family issues etc) so i haven't been motivated to work out at all. not to mention being pretty much snowed in the last week.

what do yall do to get out of your funk and/or get your butt in gear to work out when you just "don't feel like it"?

Write off the current day, go to bed, get some good sleep and get up with a new attitude doing things right from the minute I wake up. It's easier making a fresh start on a new day, new week etc and building momentum.

How many people have run a marathon or half marathon before, or competed in a triathlon?

I'm meant to be training for a swimathon, but can't help thinking that once it's over, it will feel all rather empty, as if I did that, but what next? It's as if it would be just a short-lived high, which makes me wonder if I should even bother at all. I don't know if I will even derive any feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction.

i need to get my act together. i've been really down lately (stress, family issues etc) so i haven't been motivated to work out at all. not to mention being pretty much snowed in the last week.

what do yall do to get out of your funk and/or get your butt in gear to work out when you just "don't feel like it"?
I've been the same way unfortunately. What about your days off?

well hope that your issues get resolved soon :up:
, for me when i don´t feel like working out that day i just think to myself that the workout will let some of the stress out and that i´ll feel relaxed and better after it,also it helps to listen to an inspiring and energetic song that gets me pumped

btw, i know i don´t post here that much, but late thanks to Dark Raven for your advice on HIIT, thanks
also, i´ve been working out and i´ve lost some fat but with that i also keep loosing muscle mass, even if i drink the protein shake after i worked out, any help/advice will be great :woot::up:

I don't remember what advice I gave on HIIT now. It must've been a while back.

I don't remember what advice I gave on HIIT now. It must've been a while back.

yeah, it was a LOOOOONG time ago, i don´t expect you to remember but you told to me that i couldn´t focus on loosing fat in an especific part of the body that there were exercises like swimming or HIIT to help me loose some fat
anyway thanks... it helped :yay:

Lol Ok well you're welcome. I'm glad it worked.

also, i´ve been working out and i´ve lost some fat but with that i also keep loosing muscle mass, even if i drink the protein shake after i worked out, any help/advice will be great :woot::up:

Try adding more protein to your diet. How many grams of protein do you roughly eat each day?

Do any of you have any gym or workout equipment at your own house?

Oh yeah. I haven't been to a gym in years. Well I have, but not for my regular training. I don't require that much equipment though, but I have what I need for now.

I need to start buying more equipment so I can just workout at my house. So far I have a bench press from the 80's. I can use the bar for curls and military press. But It is really old and I need a new one. And I have several dumbbell weights and of course the iron gym pull up bar.

Just a pull up bar and a dumbbell. I want to get a small bench and a few more dumbbells but they're expensive.

I have some, but I never tend to use them much. My weights are those screw on plates and they can sometimes fall off when doing curls. They're a bit dangerous as they could crush your foot, or if they fall off while doing skull crushers, they could crush your skull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"