The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy at the store tried to sass me today. I bought a 40 pound dumbbell and he has the nerve to ask, you planning on curling this? I say you don't believe I can. He says I didn't say that. Do people assume I'm out of shape and don't look like I can? Just curious if it looks as though I'm out of shape.

Some guy at the store tried to sass me today. I bought a 40 pound dumbbell and he has the nerve to ask, you planning on curling this? I say you don't believe I can. He says I didn't say that. Do people assume I'm out of shape and don't look like I can? Just curious if it looks as though I'm out of shape.
Having actually seen your pic, you do look a little bit skinny to be curling 40lbs. :oldrazz:

That's okay, the looks that guys were giving me last time I was at the gym, they sure didn't think I looked strong enough to be squatting 135! :hehe:

Take it as a compliment. Mass doesn't automatically mean strength. Bruce Lee was stronger than practically everyone you saw in the gym the last time you went to work out.

Thanks I was asking because he said it in front of an employee I've wanted to ask out

did an impulse buy and bought the Nike+FuelBand, i've read so many reviews on this and its great motivator. It combines my two favorite things Technology and Fitness.
1600x435q80.jpeg

Thanks I was asking because he said it in front of an employee I've wanted to ask out
I think girls are more impressed when you're able to do more than you look, rather than the other way around. :cwink:

did an impulse buy and bought the Nike+FuelBand, i've read so many reviews on this and its great motivator. It combines my two favorite things Technology and Fitness.
1600x435q80.jpeg

keep us posted on this. i was thinking about getting one. i love(d) my fit bit but i've lost it :(

I am constantly pulling my neck/back or sleeping on it wrong and pinching a nerve. It sucks :/ it keeps me out of the gym at least 2-5 times a month.

I am constantly pulling my neck/back or sleeping on it wrong and pinching a nerve. It sucks :/ it keeps me out of the gym at least 2-5 times a month.
That's actually pretty often. I only do that myself once every few years.

How's your mattress or pillow? Maybe all you need to do is get a new pillow or something.

keep us posted on this. i was thinking about getting one. i love(d) my fit bit but i've lost it :(
Sure will, its a little more expensive than the Jawbone band, but I just love the LED portion of it. I started a diet this week, and I hope that the change will benefit me tenfold.

That's actually pretty often. I only do that myself once every few years.

How's your mattress or pillow? Maybe all you need to do is get a new pillow or something.

yeah I think I need to get some new pillows. My mattress could use a flip but its only 3-4 years old. Its really starting to get aggravating :/

yeah I think I need to get some new pillows. My mattress could use a flip but its only 3-4 years old. Its really starting to get aggravating :/
What position do you sleep in? I'm a side sleeper and I need a soft mattress with a firm pillow. Back sleepers need a firm mattress and soft pillows. Stomach sleepers need a soft mattress and no pillow. I switch between back and side, but I always need a firm pillow no matter what. I like my head elevated.

Asian folks think that for mattresses, the firmer the better. (My Taiwanese friend sleeps on literally a wooden plank.) Sleeping on your back is the default, and screw everybody else. I'm always tempted to bring my own pillow when I visit my parents, because my neck ALWAYS hurts after one night's sleep on their guest bed. :dry:

So, I have decided to take on a 10km run, it will be my second attempt at that distance (only done it once to try it out and the time ended up at 60 minutes). I have 9 weeks to train from pretty much scrath, since I haven't done much running lately, and I'm aiming to at least end up under 55 minutes, maybe even under 50. I just hope my shins won't give me any trouble.

i'm a side, back and stomach sleeper. usually all during the same night

What position do you sleep in? I'm a side sleeper and I need a soft mattress with a firm pillow. Back sleepers need a firm mattress and soft pillows. Stomach sleepers need a soft mattress and no pillow. I switch between back and side, but I always need a firm pillow no matter what. I like my head elevated.

Asian folks think that for mattresses, the firmer the better. (My Taiwanese friend sleeps on literally a wooden plank.) Sleeping on your back is the default, and screw everybody else. I'm always tempted to bring my own pillow when I visit my parents, because my neck ALWAYS hurts after one night's sleep on their guest bed. :dry:

I slept on my back last night with my pillow properly propped up under my neck and this morning I woke up soo much better. I think I just sleep stupid :doh: haha

I used to wake up when I was younger on the other side of the bed haha. I used to move around soo much. I seem to stay pretty still now. Maybe I had a more adventurous imagination when I used to dream :( now that I'm older life has just made me cynical lol

Well thank God everyone on this thread works out and can either 1. Out run these monsters or 2. Muscle them blood suckers off if they attack us!

Last edited:
My husband's the same way, but he's able to adjust the pillow as he does it.

Cause Asians don't do things half-assed. :hehe:

I slept on my back last night with my pillow properly propped up under my neck and this morning I woke up soo much better. I think I just sleep stupid :doh: haha
I bought a super-firm pillow with a piece of foam in the middle, and I love that thing. Been using it for years. :yay:

Take it as a compliment. Mass doesn't automatically mean strength. Bruce Lee was stronger than practically everyone you saw in the gym the last time you went to work out.

wasn't he using steroids?

I think girls are more impressed when you're able to do more than you look, rather than the other way around. :cwink:

so you're saying that my injecting cooking oil into my muscles to get that swollen look might backfire. :wow:

If this heat doesn't let up, I'm finding a local 24 Hour Fitness with a swimming pool and doing that as my late night workout. I'll just have to show up at my job smelling vaguely like chlorine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"